Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would you be willing to see Vick and Shanny?(Merged)

Hal2856

He would have fans from virginia tech and wouldnt be much of a PR risk. He is 10 times better than Campbell and has the playoff record to prove it(2-2) He will have a full off season to get ready and will present more of a threat than Campbell would to defenses. Just a thought. Another reason he is a good friend of Sean Taylor & im sure if Sean was still here, he would be ok with the move.

He is mobile and has a strong arm. Think Plummer but better. At least in my opinion. As for the contract thing... I believe he has an option in the second year but the Eagles might not take it.

He is very inaccurate as a QB and looked horrible in the limited action with the eagles. I hope he is not even on our radar.

But why?

Did you see his one play in the playoff game. It was a perfect example of a Shanny bootleg pass...

I see why not considering his mistakes out of football, but I'm just asking what Shanny might do.

Plus, I bet Shanny and Dungy have had many talks about Vick. We all know Dungy likes him.

One bootleg surprise play is different and starting an entire game/season is different. Bootlegs work if you are first and foremost able to complete passes from the pocket. Vick is a very inaccurate passer to say the least.

so hall ass! True fans take the good and bad no matter what!
Kiss my ass, Ive been a fan through thick and thin, Ive already watched us sign one asshat (meion sanders) I was on this message board when you were still playing with Gi joes and wearing a dallas cowboy shirt in grade 3. I am just not willing to accept any more garbage from this team. at some point as a fan you have to take a stand on whats acceptable and whats not.
I was following this team while you were in diapers, you dont have a clue what it means to be a redskin, Michael Vick is the direct opposite of what a redskin is. just because you are a johnny come lately you dont understand what a slap in the face to a true redskin fan it would be to sign this turd.
I really dont care how long you have been a Skins fan, or what your opinion is of Vick, but to demean and insult fellow Skins fans is just not right.

texasthunder, you're in the wrong here. He was defending himself from other Redskins "fans" who think that Michael Vick should have any part on this team. You are not a fan just because you are happy with anything that this team gets; you are an enabler. A true fan wants our team to be better, not just accept everything that ****s on our colors while electrocuting, drowning, and torturing them.

Ryman, YOU are a true fan. Though the age thing doesn't matter, your ethics do.

He would have fans from virginia tech and wouldnt be much of a PR risk. He is 10 times better than Campbell and has the playoff record to prove it(2-2) He will have a full off season to get ready and will present more of a threat than Campbell would to defenses. Just a thought. Another reason he is a good friend of Sean Taylor & im sure if Sean was still here, he would be ok with the move.

Your first post might be the worst first post in ES history.

1) He would certainly be a horrible PR move.

2) He is a TERRIBLE passer and his passing stats prove it.

3) Based on nothing.

4) Invoking Sean Taylor? You have to be out of your ****ing mind to do that.

Fail on four points.

Your first post might be the worst first post in ES history.

1) He would certainly be a horrible PR move.

2) He is a TERRIBLE passer and his passing stats prove it.

3) Based on nothing.

4) Invoking Sean Taylor? You have to be out of your ****ing mind to do that.

Fail on four points.

HA HA, Thanks for typing what I was thinking.:ols:

He would have fans from virginia tech and wouldnt be much of a PR risk.

Not from what Ive heard, myself included.

He is 10 times better than Campbell and has the playoff record to prove it(2-2)

Thats very, very debatable. To sum it up, no.

He will have a full off season to get ready and will present more of a threat than Campbell would to defenses.

A full off season doesnt give you the ability to pass the ball with accuracy when youve never been able to do it before.

More of a threat than Campbell? I think not. A QB throws the ball. Vick doesnt.

Just a thought. Another reason he is a good friend of Sean Taylor & im sure if Sean was still here, he would be ok with the move.

Thats completely irrelevant, and probably not true.

One bootleg surprise play is different and starting an entire game/season is different. Bootlegs work if you are first and foremost able to complete passes from the pocket. Vick is a very inaccurate passer to say the least.

False.

This has nothing to do with Vick but with truth.

Bootlegs work if you can run the ball.

It is a staple of both Shanahans offenses.

Have no idea why we would want Vick? He was nothing before jail but a side show act, a guy who had to run to win, if Shanny is going to line him up at RB he might help, but he doesn't have the wheels he once had, and he never had the mental aptitude, or the dedication to be a successful QB, he was nothing more than a commodity physically, fast and strong arm, with absolutly no head for the game, looking for one more payday that ain't coming.

Not to mention his sorted past.

Yes, I'd rather have anyone [available] more than Campbell right now...

I hope thats hyperbole. If you really mean what you posted that's just dumb. There are LOTS of worse options as starting QB for the Redskins next year.

In my opinion Mike Vick as a WCO QB is one of them. Shanny would need to totally redesign his system to accomodate Vick and take advantgae of what he does well. Vick has proven he can be a winning QB in this league - but not in the sytem we will be running.

False.

Bootlegs work if you can PASS the ball.

Vick can't. He was the top pick because the Falcons needed to sell jerseys.

/thread

False.

Bootlegs work if you can PASS the ball.

Vick can't. He was the top pick because the Falcons needed to sell jerseys.

/thread

Dude, what are you talking about?

Its not a big deal, but you're clearly wrong about why a bootleg works.

A bootleg is predicated on the offenses ability to RUN the ball and the QB having the athletic ability to challenge the defenses contain on the edges.

A bootleg is a RUN fake.

I figured this was common football knowledge but don't take my word for it:

Bootleg play

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

[/url]

The "Waggle" play from the Delaware Winged T offense, here shown from "Red" formation, is one type of bootleg. The quarterback fakes hand offs to both the halfback and fullback before rolling out with the protection of both guards. The quarterback then has the choice of passing or running the ball.

In American football, a bootleg play is a play in which the quarterback runs with the ball in the direction of either sideline behind the line of scrimmage. This can be accompanied by a play action, or false hand off of the ball to a running back running the opposite direction.

The quarterback can be accompanied by an offensive lineman to block for him, or run without a blocker, which is known as a "naked bootleg" or "waggle". More complex versions involve multiple offensive linemen moving with the quarterback to block and multiple false hand offs; one such variation is known as a rollout. After escaping the area behind the offensive line, the quarterback may either throw a pass downfield or run with the ball himself to gain yards.

A bootleg is called to confuse the defense, by moving the quarterback away from where they expect him to be, directly behind the center. The quarterback's motion may also attract the attention of the defensive backs, allowing one of the receivers to become uncovered. The play is typically used by teams with mobile, or fast, quarterbacks, such as Steve Young, Randall Cunningham, and Vince Young.

Additional variations can be combined with bootleg plays. In the West Coast offense variant designed around quarterback Michael Vick, counter techniques combined with play action bootleg plays served to provide several types of simultaneous misdirection which caused defensive players to freeze after often misjudging the intended direction of the play. These techniques, along with Michael Vick's unusual athleticism, slow down and isolate defenders and provide extra space and time for the quarterback to survey the field and/or run the ball.

The name comes from the fact that on a play action the quarterback often hides the ball from the defense by his thigh to make the run look more convincing. This is similar to the way bootleggers would hide whiskey in their trousers during Prohibition.

Frankie Albert, an All American quarterback at Stanford University, is given credit for inventing the bootleg play in 1940.[1]

Here's a good breakdown of the bootleg and Vicks impact @2:17

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d8166d02f/Rams-QB-issues

-----------------------------------------Football a type of play in which the quarterback fakes a handoff to a running back and then runs, usually around the defensive end, with the ball held hidden behind a hip

http://www.yourdictionary.com/bootleg

I have plenty more examples but i think you get the point.

A bootleg is RUN fake you an offenses needs to be able to RUN the ball for a bootleg to work.

Archived