Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would you be willing to see Vick and Shanny?(Merged)

Hal2856

yes ..., i think.

vick wins man ...he's like vince, he just seems to win, despite haveing crappy numbers. weird. i would be down for it.

i'm a big dog person, got two, so it would be weird, cause i know the twisted sob has not changed, he just stopped. but man, it would be cool to see him come and comepete.

If Shanahan goes that way I'm ok with it. Can Vick be a starting QB in this league and excel? or is he more of a part time gadget play guy now? eh who knows.

I believe he can excel, people think that just because he was/is a fast QB that he can only be used in gadget plays. Thast BS, he is a dam pro bowl QB, when he was in ATL, his WRs were freakin HORRIBLE. TONS AND TONS of DROPPED passes. At least if he came here with our still developing line, he would be able to get out of harms way. I think people really underestimating. He's no Peyton Manning by a long shot in terms of accuracy, but he's not totally garbage neither.

Fact is, Vick paid his debt to society. What do you want the guy to do? He did his 2 years, when Dante Stallworth spent 24 days in jail. Stallworth killed a man!!!! Driving while F'D UP. There are laws against drunk driving.

Good con man? Do you have any proof that he hasn't changed? Do you know Vick?

Nobody says anything about Stallworth. He took a life. 24 days vs. 2 years. Something isn't right. Vick was made an example of. No if's and's buts about it.

Thank you, he paid his debt to society. If it anything, he's hungry as hell and has a chip on his sholder. Only thing is, like someone else said, Im not sure if Vick is willing to take a vet minimum deal.

NO! I've been a fan for 27 years and put up with all the crap this team's been through but would have to pick a new team if that dog murderer were signed. I've been a Skins Superfan for many years but I love my dogs even more.

We need character in leadership positions not someone who advocates drowning, electrocution, hitting defenseless animals with shovels, doing drugs, and giving the middle finger to his own fans in Atlanta.

The only way I'd welcome Vick into FedEx field is if executing him were the half time show!

We're finally on the right path with a real GM and coach. Why would we ruin the momentum with a horrible creature like Vick?

He is mobile and has a strong arm. Think Plummer but better. At least in my opinion. As for the contract thing... I believe he has an option in the second year but the Eagles might not take it.

He is also highly inaccurate. His completion percentage in the Gregg Knapp west coast offense in Atlanta was on the lower side. He can't beat a team when forced to stay in the pocket. Running ability is great if you can beat the teams with your arm but a run first QB will never amount to anything in the NFL. I hope we stay away from him.

No. period. just no. if it happens I am deleting my extremeskins acct and finding another team to cheer for and no I am not just saying that. Ive been a skins fan since I was 8 years old but that would end.

Me too!

This guy is a criminal!

Dont give me the old "paid his debt to society". Notice the only guys saying that are mostly NFL guys?

NFL has a real image problem due to Vick, and the likes of him. Dungy was pressured into working with Vick by the league. They needed this cleaned up, and fast. From a PR standpoint it has worked.

Vick was not a good QB before prison, and is a lesser one now.

I shake my head every time someone views talent over character.

Same people look at Michael Irvin as a talented HOF receiver. No one especially the NFL wants to point out HE STABBED A TEAM MATE IN THE NECK WITH A PAIR OF SCISSORS!

He is also highly inaccurate. His completion percentage in the Gregg Knapp west coast offense in Atlanta was on the lower side. He can't beat a team when forced to stay in the pocket. Running ability is great if you can beat the teams with your arm but a run first QB will never amount to anything in the NFL. I hope we stay away from him.

Again, he is no Peyton Manning by a long shot, but anyone who watched a lot of those Falcon games no that his WRs were HORRIBLE. TONS AND TONS of DROPPED passes. His WRs SUCKED. They were still developing like how MK and DT were for us last season (and this season). Its unfair to throw all of the blame on him. His best receiver was Alge Crumpler, his dam TE. I had the NFL package and besides the Skins games, I watched my fair share of ATL games.

I don't care about his criminal past, like it or not...he has paid his debt according to what the law said he had to pay. Does that make him a better person? Prolly not. He is definitely a different person now tho, but not saying he is better because only he knows.

That aside, I don't want Vick for other reasons. He isn't very accurate of a passer, he gets nicked up a lot, and regardless of what eh has or has not done....he would come with WAY too much media attention and distractions.

If Vick was a really accurate passer...then I would be all for it.

Good points.

But what if Shanahan is looking to implement a spread type version to his WCO. There has been talk that he has been studying this.

Again, he is no Peyton Manning by a long shot, but anyone who watched a lot of those Falcon games no that his WRs were HORRIBLE. TONS AND TONS of DROPPED passes. His WRs SUCKED. They were still developing like how MK and DT were for us last season (and this season). Its unfair to throw all of the blame on him. His best receiver was Alge Crumpler, his dam TE. I had the NFL package and besides the Skins games, I watched my fair share of ATL games.

Over his entire career he has never got close to 60% completions in a single season and for his career he averages 53%. He is just not a consistent passer.

Over his entire career he has never got close to 60% completions in a single season and for his career he averages 53%. He is just not a consistent passer.

This is true, and I was a Vick homer...being a VT fan.

Vick's leading receiver was a TE because that TE was usually standing open when he got hit with a pass. Vick doesn't do a great job anticipating and leading WRs. He doesn't do a good job hitting them in stride, he just struggles throwing to where the WRs should be when the ball gets to him versus hitting a WR standing there wide open.

He has made some fantastic plays and throws, he just doesn't do them very often and also makes enough bad throws to be labeled an inaccurate passer.

To the "paid his debt to society" crowd...

Would you be comfortable hiring a convicted pedophile to babysit your children?

Stupid question, this has nothing to do with putting this dude on the field for us as a QB.

And to answer your this stupid question (what does this make me :silly:), HELL NO. And as a Vick fan, I wouldnt let him watch my dog over the weekend.

Archived