Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Report: Sarah Palin to join Fox News as contributor

alexey

http://www.rgj.com/article/20100111/NEWS12/100111032/1321/NEWS

The Washington Post is reporting that Sarah Palin has signed on as a pundit with Fox News.

The Post's Howard Kurtz reports:

"A Fox News executive says the network will shortly announce that the former vice-presidential nominee is signing on as a contributor.

Palin, who resigned as governor of Alaska last summer, will appear as a commentator on various Fox shows. She will also host an occasional program that will examine inspirational tales involving ordinary Americans.

Palin will join Mike Huckabee as a Fox contributor who was also involved in the 2008 campaign. The exposure can only help Palin if she decides to pursue a 2012 presidential bid.

At the moment, Palin makes pronouncements mainly through her Facebook page. The Fox connection would give her a platform on the nation's top-rated cable news channel.

Palin is extremely popular with her conservative base, which has fueled the sales of her best-selling memoir. But she is a divisive political figure who not only draws the ire of liberals but some Republicans, including staffers who deal with her during her run as John McCain's running mate. Steve Schmidt, a top McCain strategist, said on "60 Minutes" last night that "there were numerous instances that she said things that were -- that were not accurate that ultimately, the campaign had to deal with."

Hiring Palin could further boost the popularity of Rupert Murdoch's network among conservative viewers. The network already employs former Bush White House aide Karl Rove and former House speaker Newt Gingrich as highly visible commentators."

It was pretty damning.

She really is a dumbass

I don't know. She may turn out to be a better marketing genius than Snyder. From obscurity to a world figure and her own hourly. She really knows how to work the system.

(I guess the question that must be asked though is-- If she's about to work on a daily news events program which newspapers will she read to help her with her prep and research?)

It was pretty damning.

She really is a dumbass

I was being sarcastic and I could easily put liberals in a negative light actually they do that all by themselves and show how much of a dumb ass they are those fellow liberals use blinders or downplay their idiocy.

I think she will do well. This is more her speed.

It'll be very controlled and she will be sheltered and allowed to spout off her drivel without being called on it and have the slackjaws who idolize her cheering in the background.

I don't think she can relaunch any presidential ambitions being a talking head, but she will keep herself in the limelight and that is all she really wants anyway.

She's not going to do anything live and unscripted. She is going to do carefully edited specials, and they are going to make her look fifty times more thoughtful and reasonable than she really is. The comedy value will be minimal.

With that said, I dont know what the fuss is. She has already been on TV every week for years. :laugh:

kingpeggyhill6.jpgw266.png

And there goes any shred of integrity. It seems she quit politics to cash in. Not surprising but sad just the same.

Seems a better option than cashing in as a politician,as is too often the case.

Equating staying in politics to integrity:hysterical::hysterical:

Archived