Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Report: Sarah Palin to join Fox News as contributor

alexey

Definitely sounds like a knee jerk reaction to a perception of her.

Everyone says she doesn't know what she's talking about, she not filled in.

FOX.news marketing rep has an idea and they go to work on her to fix that.

She believes them into thinking if she puts her ideas on the air they can't say she doesn't know.

She hasn't been watching O'Reilly,Beck,Hannity....

She will remove the fact that she doesn't know.

She will affirm the fact that the left doesn't want her.

I think that she's earned her rep, TB. That doesn't mean she can't recreate herself. It isn't possible that she's as inept and dumb as she made herself appear. She has accomplished too much and worked the system too well.

However, she worked very hard to craft the image that so many comedians have made millions off of and is (along with her handlers) entirely responsible for it.

However, she worked very hard to craft the image that so many comedians have made millions off of and is (along with her handlers) entirely responsible for it.

Strange how that image changed when she became a problem for the Dems isn't it?;)

Entirely might be a overstatement....we shall see.:)

I don't know. She may turn out to be a better marketing genius than Snyder. From obscurity to a world figure and her own hourly. She really knows how to work the system.

I disagree. I think the system fell down right on top of her, knocked her dizzy, and the comedy has ensued.

She has stumbled and bumbled her way along this entire time. She really did have an opportunity at the outset to hit one out of the park. I even said it was a brilliant pick by McCain when he made it- until she started opening her mouth.

Point is, there is a polarized (~5% pop) segment out there that will follow her and worship her no matter what she does. These are what you call "idiots". Every society has them. Some more than others. Thankfully, in the US, they're still a small (but oh-so vocal) minority. That's why communication major from East Hickville community college don't win popular elections here. Nor do failed art students who have done time in prison. God Bless the USA for that.

It'll be very controlled and she will be sheltered and allowed to spout off her drivel without being called on it and have the slackjaws who idolize her cheering in the background.

:hysterical: The Rush Limbaugh / Glenn Beck model

From what I remember reading, she spent years carefully cultivating her reputation amongst the Republican movers and shakers, coordinating free trips and tours and glad handing like crazy, plus using some of Alaskas money for heavy PR purposes.

I think she manipulated herself well into the spotlight, didn't know quite what to do when she got it, and then regained the light. Where her genius seems to lie is in getting and keeping attention. She's wonderful at keeping herself relevent or at least in the news.

Does she have an opinion, stance or plan worth hearing? Of course not... she's a conservative Republican :evilg:

From what I remember reading, she spent years carefully cultivating her reputation amongst the Republican movers and shakers, coordinating free trips and tours and glad handing like crazy, plus using some of Alaskas money for heavy PR purposes.

John McCain's chief strategist revealed on 60 Minutes Sunday that she was discovered at virtually the last minute by staffers who stumbled upon her on google vids.

Virtually no vetting was done- and the campaign suffered greatly.

Just look at the poll numbers. When she was chosen, McCain jumped an enormous amount in the polls. IIRC he had the lead going into the convention.

But then, the United States got to know Sara. As did the McCain strategists, who also revealed she didn't know who her son was shipping off to fight in Iraq, nor did she know who the players in WWI or WWII were.

It was all downhill from there.

Given the audience for Fox News this is not surprising at all. It will be sink or swim time for Palin, politically. IMO she'll sink,at least from a national perspective. She's a MILF but with marshmallow between the ears IMO. Her calling is a TV gig that is extremely visual but not much depth. Much like most TV babes.

Does she have an opinion, stance or plan worth hearing? Of course not... she's a conservative Republican

There are several extremely bright Republicans and Conservatives out there. Why the base has latched on to Sara the intellectual lightweight to further their cause is somewhat of a mystery to me.

There are several extremely bright Republicans and Conservatives out there. Why the base has latched on to Sara the intellectual lightweight to further their cause is somewhat of a mystery to me.

Perhaps because the extremely bright ones either aren't stepping up or are unelectable?

The Harvard and Yale crowd seem rather lacking in results for some reason.

Do results matter or theory?

Perhaps because the extremely bright ones either aren't stepping up or are unelectable?

The Harvard and Yale crowd seem rather lacking in results for some reason.

Do results matter or theory?

Could the populism and the anti-intellectualism have a role in making them unelectable and limiting results they can produce?

It seems that the GOP has been relying more on ideological arguments and moving away from knowledge/reason/reality based arguments. This self-lobotomy process has to run its course...

Oh and just to point out the hopefully obvious. I was just goofing on the conserv repub line.

Any examples(candidates) come to mind?

Just who is being held back

I'm just talking about the mechanism...

It seems at this point intellectual dishonesty is required to be any kind of a player in the GOP. It would be a political suicide for a GOP politician to acknowledge even basic things.

(for example, that bank bailout was uncool but necessary, that GW is a problem, that Creationism is not science, that the abortion debate is a nuanced issue, that "smaller government" is a meaningless term and we need to strive for proper government regulation, that free markets will not properly regulate themselves, that tax cuts are not the one-size-fits-all solution for economic growth, that government investment into science is worthwhile, etc).

Not to take this off-topic but is being an "intellectual" a prerequisite to holding the office of the President? I would assert that not that many recent Presidents would be considered intellectuals. I would include Clinton, Obama and probably even Nixon but would exclude Reagan (and he was a very successful CIC nonetheless) and JFK. I might even include Carter (really) because I think he's a very cerebral man but he was a trainwreck of a President. Not posing the question as it pertains to Palin because despite her appeal to some people & in some quarters, she's clearly lacking but more of an open-ended question. We've all worked for MBA's who couldn't cut it once in a position of title, no?

Given the audience for Fox News this is not surprising at all. It will be sink or swim time for Palin, politically. IMO she'll sink,at least from a national perspective. She's a MILF but with marshmallow between the ears IMO. Her calling is a TV gig that is extremely visual but not much depth. Much like most TV babes.

name me one milf without a marshmellow between the ears.

And yes, I agree this will be a great blunder for Fox News.

The writers for Stewert and Colbert have gotta be ****ting themselves.

On a more serious note, Palin seems like a good women who was thrust into the spotlight and people liked her because she was an "average American"

Sorry, but I don't want an average person running America.

I'm a gambler, and I would bet that she is out of a job for "undisclosed reasons" within two months.

I'm just talking about the mechanism...

It seems at this point intellectual dishonesty is required to be any kind of a player in the GOP. It would be a political suicide for a GOP politician to acknowledge even basic things.

(for example, that bank bailout was uncool but necessary, that GW is a problem, that Creationism is not science, that the abortion debate is a nuanced issue, that "smaller government" is a meaningless term and we need to strive for proper government regulation, that free markets will not properly regulate themselves, that tax cuts are not the one-size-fits-all solution for economic growth, that government investment into science is worthwhile, etc).

Good God man, take off the blinders. The mainstream media loves people that think like you do with those overinflated statements.

Not to take this off-topic but is being an "intellectual" a prerequisite to holding the office of the President? I would assert that not that many recent Presidents would be considered intellectuals. I would include Clinton, Obama and probably even Nixon but would exclude Reagan (and he was a very successful CIC) and JFK. I might even include Carter (really) because I think he's a very cerebral man but he was a trainwreck of a President. Not posing the question as it pertains to Palin because despite her appeal to some people she's clearly lacking but more of an open-ended question. We've all worked for MBA's who couldn't cut in once in a position of title, no?

Most people still think the President is the boss man of America. The President is just a figurehead. The President does exactly what the elite bankers want.

Archived