Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Has Zorn earned another year?

clskinsfan

Right! Sherm has earned another year, Zorn does nothing, why should he stay?

The thing about that is that Shanny is obviously the guy who Snyderatto want big time. If (and that is a big if) he comes here, he will want to install his own offense, and have his own OC, etc. If Shanny won't come here, I think Zorn will be back.

The thing about that is that Shanny is obviously the guy who Snyderatto want big time. If (and that is a big if) he comes here, he will want to install his own offense, and have his own OC, etc. If Shanny won't come here, I think Zorn will be back.

i really dont think theres a snowballs chance in hell we keep zorn here. no matter how he finishes, no matter what happens, i just think theres too much bad blood between the front office and him to keep him around. his attitude since his playcalling was stripped as been much more walking on eggshells than he was in the past, just like hes trying to let the season finish so he can walk.

i cannot see them retaining him whatsoever.

i think Zorn has gotten a pretty bad rap and has had too many responsibilities while here, though the addition of sherm lewis has helped some. while he may not be the answer at head coach next year, i would be all for him as a qb coach, if he can handle the demotion, and judging by how he has handled the upper manangement castrating him this year, i think he can.

zorn needs to go. i know everyone is glad we won a meaningless game yesterday and our offense is no longer the worst in the league, but my god hes just not a good head coach. zorn has had his shot, and he should be judged on his body of work, not a few games in a lost season that mean nothing.

What? You mean the season is over? By the way everyone is talking lately you would have thought we were going to the playoffs or leading the division.

You know, part of this whole playcalling fiasco is that JZ was relying on a CP bringing his "A" game. You can blame the line if you want but a bunch of no names are doing enough with the run game behind a patchwork line these days that it makes me think that Portis is definitely done. If we had any semblence of a run game early on, Zorn's playcalling would not be in question and we might actually be in the playoff hunt. Ultimately it rests on the players EXECUTING on the field. I think the better play of late has not as much to do about playcalling as it does the players playing better. If Jim stayed I wouldn't be disappointed. But we could do better.

I think I like that idea of bringing in Mike Holmgren only as a Redskins GM to replace Vinny Cerrato. If they have a solid O-Line in place and with the way the Redskins offense is playing right now with Sherman Lewis continuing to be the playcaller, then the Redskins offense should be in good hands next season. Besides, Sherman Lewis and Greg Blache have ties to Mike Holmgren when they were in Green Bay; Jim Zorn has ties to Mike Holmgren when they were in Seattle. I'd keep Jason Campbell as well. Yeah, he may not be Tom Brady or Peyton Manning, but he is the best option at quarterback for the Redskins right now. In the offseason, we all want Campbell to improve his game (decision making, footwork, mechanics, and etc..) and become one of the elite quarterbacks in the NFL.

I think I like that idea of bringing in Mike Holmgren only as a Redskins GM to replace Vinny Cerrato. If they have a solid O-Line in place and with the way the Redskins offense is playing right now with Sherman Lewis continuing to be the playcaller, then the Redskins offense should be in good hands next season. Besides, Sherman Lewis and Greg Blache have ties to Mike Holmgren when they were in Green Bay; Jim Zorn has ties to Mike Holmgren when they were in Seattle. I'd keep Jason Campbell as well. Yeah, he may not be Tom Brady or Peyton Manning, but he is the best option at quarterback for the Redskins right now. In the off season, we all want Campbell to improve his game (decision making, footwork, mechanics, and etc..) and become one of the elite quarterbacks in the NFL.

Still trying to figure out the fascination with holmgren as GM? He was given an ultimatum in Seattle relinquish GM duties or your fired, why? Because he was a pretty lousy GM!

As for JC? Best option? Compared to what? So lets kill another season with this guy because he actually, finally, won a game where he made some nice plays. If you do something long enough it's tough not to get better, but no matter how much better JC gets, it's only good for a scale based on JC, not top tier QB's which he will never be, nor does he have the ability to win a Super Bowl, will he get better than what we have seen? Hard not to, will he be able to be a franchise type QB? No!

If we even think about signing Campbell to any contract, Zorn must stay. So, all you Campbell lovers must love Zorn. He is Campbell's salvation.

this is exactly what Im thinking. If zorn goes there is gonna be a whole other system campbell will have to learn.

Campbell is a slow learner, he is getting a hang of this system, why change it? Give him one more year. If it doesnt happen then we let'em all go.

I just fear that keeping campbell while firing Zorn IS MUCH MORE HARMFUL than cutting campbell and keeping zorn.

If we even think about signing Campbell to any contract, Zorn must stay. So, all you Campbell lovers must love Zorn. He is Campbell's salvation.

Dude, give it a rest. I know you're pressed to see CB5 on the field, but please quit railing non-stop about Campbell and his fans. I think 99.9% of your posts are about how Colt is so amazing and how Campbell is total garbage.

talking about QBs with oldfan is a massive waste of time as he gives them no credit and believes they are of little importance and only function regarding everything around them.

When you find it necessary to distort your opponent's position in debate, it's a virtual admission that you can't deal with it.

Yeah, we're 4-9, no need to change anything is there? It took the team 8 weeks to start playing like the season mattered!!! By then it was done! After an extended off season break and another one of Zorn's soft training camps, I see no reason why we won't start 2010 with the same lazy, inept execution and lack of focus.

I really don't think Zorn is cut out to be a HC, so no, I wouldn't recommend keeping him, of course we need a real GM too, but I can't see Dan's sock puppet going anywhere.

If we follow the logic from KokoMike that Zorn and JC are tied together for next year, then you see why the rumors seem to make sense. First the front office will fire Zorn and then they go draft a quarterback and then announce they are not keeping JC. So in effect the only way JC stays is as a backup quarterback which I do not think he will agree to do. While some fans may want to try one more year with Zorn and JC, the odds of that happening seem most unlikely-even if they win the next few games. The front office is not going to listen to NFL pundits or what our fans want for next year.

Archived