Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Has Zorn earned another year?

clskinsfan

No. I think Moss is an over-rated receiver who has done nothing in his career sans a god 2005. He has had many different QB's throwing to him in his career and has not broken the 1000's but thrice. And in those 3 times (2 times by a hair), one QB happened to be JC.

So... how is it that JC is holding him back from being better?

i cant speak for his time in NY because i dont know what was going on there, but i know he was a very big deep threat in 05, and we had a QB that could get the ball to him. hes open deep a lot, only to have the ball sail over his head (he even called out campbell on this earlier this season, dont ask me for it, im sure you saw it). hes extremely fast and very good after the catch.

hes not brandon marshall, randy moss, or larry fitzgerald. he is however a speedy small receiver that runs good routes and gets open on go routes a lot, to have the ball not thrown to him.

point blank, if JC threw a better deep ball, moss would look much better than he does.

i cant speak for his time in NY because i dont know what was going on there, but i know he was a very big deep threat in 05, and we had a QB that could get the ball to him. hes open deep a lot, only to have the ball sail over his head (he even called out campbell on this earlier this season, dont ask me for it, im sure you saw it). hes extremely fast and very good after the catch.

hes not brandon marshall, randy moss, or larry fitzgerald. he is however a speedy small receiver that runs good routes and gets open on go routes a lot, to have the ball not thrown to him.

point blank, if JC threw a better deep ball, moss would look much better than he does.

Excuss.... as you said before. He is a one trick pony. One trick ponys dont equate to star receivers. He is a mediocre WR far the largest part of his NFL career... no matter who throws him the ball.

What is being built that we are rebuilding anyways

It has been known that this West Coast Offense would take 3 years to install and get running. At the time Zorn was hired Snyderratto was fine with it. They said over and over that Gibbs 2.0 had taught them that patience was needed and they needed to build continuity. I agree that this was a playoff team that Zorn inherated BUT it was not a playoff team running the WCO. The fact that we started the season last year 6-2 made EVERYONE have wild expectations that should not have been there. It has taken time to get this adjusted and the fact is I don't remember us scoring 30+ points back to back in FOREVER... We have a good rythm going right now....for the first time since he has been here Jason Campbell doesn't look totally lost...he is playing the game ad working this offense he has def been under stress but that is mostly due to the horrendus line play.

The way I see it we are seing a glimmer of what this offense is supposed to be, certain ppl have gotten some I'm bigger than the team eagos...and they need to go IE Sellars and Portis. We have the skill players needed to run this system lets get the line rebuilt and keep what we started looking for in the first place CONTINUITY...

ANother yr? hell no. i want this guy out. i just cant stand this guy anymoe. did ya see the post game interview yesterday? dude, this guy is so clueless that you would think this team is 13-0. the googlie eyes and the big smile and the way he is conducting the interview as if we had won the super bowl or something makes me sick.

Excuss.... as you said before. He is a one trick pony. One trick ponys dont equate to star receivers. He is a mediocre WR far the largest part of his NFL career... no matter who throws him the ball.

one trick ponies that can catch bombs and get tons of YAC are worth keeping around. i still think hes a 1200 yard guy with a better QB.

When you put together an overmatched 4-9 squad...you have to keep it togehter.

Yeah and what happens IF and I do mean IF this team keeps putting up points like we are the Saints.....and we beat Dallas and New York at home then beat San Diego in a game that matters NOTHING to them....end the season 7-9....Is one game worse than last year with an O line that consists of frigging NO ONE that horrible? Seriously We were starting Edwin Williams..and undrafted rookie FA out of hello......MARYLAND this oline is total crap the only thing that needs to be rebuilt is the line

one trick ponies that can catch bombs and get tons of YAC are worth keeping around. i still think hes a 1200 yard guy with a better QB.

Well... 8 other seasons with 4 different QB's and not getting 1200 yards, kind of kills that theory.

And catching bombs is debatalbe. I have seen more that fair share of sure catches dropped by Moss. How many passes sailed through his hands yesterday?

Well... 8 other seasons with 4 different QB's and not getting 1200 yards, kind of kills that theory.

And catching bombs is debatalbe. I have seen more that fair share of sure catches dropped by Moss. How many passes sailed through his hands yesterday?

BS. now youre just fishing. and he dropped one slant yesterday if i remember.

and whos been throwing to him for all these years? the juggernaut Jets QBs? jason "overthrow" campbell? he had one season with a glory year brunell, and other than that, hes had scrubs throwing him the ball.

im done talking about this though, i dont really care if moss is here or not, but i think hes a good receiver. you clearly disagree, so whatever.

No, Sherman Lewis has earned Offensive Coordinator going in to next season.

Can we please not make the same mistake we did last time we had a coaching vacancy.

Filling the OC spot before the head coaching spot is bass ackwards.

I don't think Zorn and Sherm are doing bad, but it depends if Zorn even wants to come back after this year. If Zorn goes I'd like to hope that the new Coach can bring in whatever coaches he'd like, not to have to cater to what Danny Boy has already set up here.

BS. now youre just fishing. and he dropped one slant yesterday if i remember.

and whos been throwing to him for all these years? the juggernaut Jets QBs? jason "overthrow" campbell? he had one season with a glory year brunell, and other than that, hes had scrubs throwing him the ball.

im done talking about this though, i dont really care if moss is here or not, but i think hes a good receiver. you clearly disagree, so whatever.

Fishing? No.:no: Facting? Yes.:yes:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MossSa00.htm

9 seasons. One 1500 yard season. 4 differnet QB's. How is that fishing?

So your theories go....

JC has been in the NFL for 5 years with 2 different HC's, 3 differnet offensive systems, a patchwork line, no real reliable receiving threats outside Cooley with an inconsistant run game and he is an absolute pathetic QB and any argument otherwise are just excuses...

At the same time, Moss has been in the league for 9 years under 3 coaches, 4 systems, 4 different QB's and he is just being held back because the right QB, coach, system has not been found for him yet.

Riiiiiight!:hysterical:

it has been known that this west coast offense would take 3 years to install and get running. At the time zorn was hired snyderratto was fine with it. They said over and over that gibbs 2.0 had taught them that patience was needed and they needed to build continuity. I agree that this was a playoff team that zorn inherated but it was not a playoff team running the wco. The fact that we started the season last year 6-2 made everyone have wild expectations that should not have been there. It has taken time to get this adjusted and the fact is i don't remember us scoring 30+ points back to back in forever... We have a good rythm going right now....for the first time since he has been here jason campbell doesn't look totally lost...he is playing the game ad working this offense he has def been under stress but that is mostly due to the horrendus line play.

The way i see it we are seing a glimmer of what this offense is supposed to be, certain ppl have gotten some i'm bigger than the team eagos...and they need to go ie sellars and portis. We have the skill players needed to run this system lets get the line rebuilt and keep what we started looking for in the first place continuity...

+1

Fishing? No. Facting? Yes.

So your theories go....

JC has been in the NFL for 5 years with 2 different HC's, 3 differnet offensive systems, a patchwork line, no real reliable receiving threats outside Cooley with an inconsistant run game and he is an absolute pathetic QB and any argument otherwise are just excuses...

At the same time, Moss has been in the league for 9 years under 3 coaches, 4 systems, 4 different QB's and he is just being held back because the right QB, coach, system has not been found for him yet.

Riiiiiight!:hysterical:

when JC goes to the probowl one season and sets the record for most yards for a franchise, please get back to me.

It is funny how people say bad teams find ways to loose specially when the games we lost the 3 weeks prior came against the Cowpukes, Eagles and the Saints by a total of 7 points. I could understand it if it were like the cupcakes we lost to in the beginning of the year.

There is a learning curve and then there is learning how to win. This is team that has not won since the 6-2 start.

Not saying this is like Gibbs when they went 0-5 and then it clicked.

The next three weeks will say alot. Plus we have done this without Cooley, Samuels, Thomas and two other pro bowlers Haynesworth, Sellers and Hall....

Smoot was out for a bit yesterday also.

Guys we can hope that things are starting to click. still missed three fumble recovers. The kick off a redskins was down did not pop back up or he would have gotten the fumble on the Moore hit on the kickoff. Of course Carters hit and then smoot made a great try on the other one. It could have been even more one sided.

Lets see what happens next week to see were we are. The g-men will be fighting for their playoff lives. As well as the following week with the Cowboys.

We will see if we win, keep it close and still loose I think it will still be rewarding. If we get blown out then lets talk about cleaning house.....

We were close with Marty and we cleaned house. That set us back years as we went from a Ball Contol Team with that type of personnel to The Ball coach trying to sling it without the personnel for it and it destroyed our offense and PAtrick Ramsey.

everytime we make a little progress we go no where by making a change look at the stellers are they going to stop and start over. I would be in favor of having one more season with the staff if we win two of the last three or if we are very close in the games just like the past three loses before the win. If we get blown out, Then the progress was not like we thought.

So let's see what the next three weeks bring!

I say lets win all three so we have something to be excited about next year!!!

it has been known that this west coast offense would take 3 years to install and get running. At the time zorn was hired snyderratto was fine with it. They said over and over that gibbs 2.0 had taught them that patience was needed and they needed to build continuity. I agree that this was a playoff team that zorn inherated but it was not a playoff team running the wco. The fact that we started the season last year 6-2 made everyone have wild expectations that should not have been there. It has taken time to get this adjusted and the fact is i don't remember us scoring 30+ points back to back in forever... We have a good rythm going right now....for the first time since he has been here jason campbell doesn't look totally lost...he is playing the game ad working this offense he has def been under stress but that is mostly due to the horrendus line play.

The way i see it we are seing a glimmer of what this offense is supposed to be, certain ppl have gotten some i'm bigger than the team eagos...and they need to go ie sellars and portis. We have the skill players needed to run this system lets get the line rebuilt and keep what we started looking for in the first place continuity...

+21

when JC goes to the probowl one season and sets the record for most yards for a franchise, please get back to me.

Strawman. Your good at that... Which brings us back to YOUR original post in this discussion...

the 6-2 myth was really 4-0. the team looked like crap against the giants, we looked like crap against the rams, we looked like crap against the browns and eeked out a win, and we looked decent against the lions and were saved by a ST touchdown. 4-0 was awesome, but weve never even come close to matching that level of play. i cant believe people are still hanging on to thing that happened last october in a bad season.

And here you are, "hanging on to a thing that happened 4 years ago", and never before or after in his career... to "prove" that he is a good receiver held back by a bad team.

Strawman. Your good at that... Which brings us back to YOUR original post in this discussion...

And here you are, "hanging on to a thing that happened 4 years ago", and never before or after in his career... to "prove" that he is a good receiver held back by a bad team.

lol, im not hanging on to anything, youre the one that keeps harping on this after ive said i dont care.

whats your point anyways? that i referenced moss having one awesome year? do you see me bringing that up every day? cmon dude, give it a rest.

It would be the right move. And who would've guessed it? After becoming the laughing stock of the entire NFL the last two seasons, Daniel Snyder may very well have the last laugh here. Campbell is rapidly improving by leaps and bounds on a weekly basis now, which puts him way ahead of the learning curve at this juncture.

We could very easily be contenders again next year. All we will be lacking next season will be a true free safety, which could be found in free agency. And we will also need to start bolstering the oline in the draft.

lol, im not hanging on to anything, youre the one that keeps harping on this after ive said i dont care.

whats your point anyways? that i referenced moss having one awesome year? do you see me bringing that up every day? cmon dude, give it a rest.

But your are. You are hangin on to Moss's one good season that happened 4 years ago to convinve yourself he is a good receiver. Thats the point. And you know it is... but for whatever reason, your are talking yourself in circles here.

You called others POV "unbelievable" for bringing up past successes, yet you do the same. Pot, meet kettle. But your right. Whatever. Its really a non issue.

No, Sherman Lewis has earned Offensive Coordinator going in to next season.

I'd be ok with seeing how this group did with Sherman Lewis as OC. Draft some lineman, an RB, and some depth at LB. And with Colt coming back off IR, there will be someone breathing down Jason's neck if he starts slumping again.

I still want Vinny gone tho...

Jim Zorn needs to remember pride is NOT a virtue. He had never been a play caller, an OC and especially not a Head coach. Sherm lewis has done a great job as the (defacto)OC and Zorn has done well managing the team, like a lot of head coaches do. There needs to be more discipline, but they really are coming to play every game and that has got to credit Zorn. If they win out i'd give Zorn a chance, but i think he really wants to call plays and i don't think he should.

Archived