Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Has Zorn earned another year?

clskinsfan

Just a question what does blowing everything up do for this team?.... Nothing no coach is going to win the superbowl one season into what will be a rebuilding project you want to face another 3 or even more years of mediocrity for what??? another firing when it dosent work yet again? Another hiring and yet another rebuilding project if the next miracle coach more then likely another retread blows it. we might as well change the the logo to a construction sign. you wanna blow up a team every year play madden that way everything goes according to plan and guess what if injuries happen hit reset. However if you want to see this team be successfull in any of our lifetimes lets keep zorn and keep things as they are. With this draft we should get some more good young studs to help this team over the hump and for the first time in a long time be legit and i dont mean taking miracle finishes to make a wildcard spot i mean a dyed in the wool legitmate nfc power. and for all those hating on zorn Lewis is interpreting zorns playbook zorn still designs the plays and is very much the head coach of this team. And god willing a good finish to this nightmare of a season will give him one last shot to prove every single one of these emo fans wrong.

Guys when people say blow it up, they aren't JUST talking about the coach. This team from top to bottom has been very average to below average while being ran by the same people...just because we are a 4-9 team that is playing better doesn't mean this makeshift coaching system is going to be the answer to superbowls.

My number one desire is a REAL GM, a smart football GM to BUILD this team and for Snyder to keep his butt out of the way. Over the last few weeks we have not really accomplished much, sure our offense is looking better, but we aren't winning. When your best highlight of the season is 1 quality win, one close loss to a good team and a couple wins against horrible teams...why do you guys think thats a good thing? Especially when the improved play comes from bringing someone in who has had NOTHING to do with your team until he was hired and wasn't even in football period for a while.

He gets a one year pass because of injuries to too many good players (most noticeably Portis and Samuels).

But...we have played better without them. Bringing them back, well at least Portis(sadly) may be a downgrade to what we have right now.

BUt seriously, every team in the entire NFL has injuries, not an excuse at all. I will say that if he comes back, I will support him and remain optimistic about our season next year, even if I don't agree...ultimately I am a fan so if he is here, how sweet it would be to prove me wrong about him.

Simply put. Wow.

We beat the Raiders, with their second string QB, and everyone wants to keep Zorn. You know. The guy who lost to the Chiefs and Lions. Both of which are getting worse. Not improving.

Heaven help us if we won a division game. You guys would crown him Lombardi II.

You know, this guy. Uh, what was his name. He used to do this. He'd loose a few, then win just enough to keep his job. Who was it???? Oh yeah. Does NORV TURNER ring a bell? Yeah, let's keep Zorn around. Maybe, in his 6th year, he'll make the playoffs! Woo hoo! 2014 here we come!

Simply put. Wow.

We beat the Raiders, with their second string QB, and everyone wants to keep Zorn. You know. The guy who lost to the Chiefs and Lions. Both of which are getting worse. Not improving.

Heaven help us if we won a division game. You guys would crown him Lombardi II.

You know, this guy. Uh, what was his name. He used to do this. He'd loose a few, then win just enough to keep his job. Who was it???? Oh yeah. Does NORV TURNER ring a bell? Yeah, let's keep Zorn around. Maybe, in his 6th year, he'll make the playoffs! Woo hoo! 2014 here we come!

that same coach maybe coaching the Chargers to a superbowl appearance this year.

For beating the ****ty ass Raiders? No, definitely not. Sherm Lewis is calling the plays now, why in the blue hell should we keep Zorn?

Because Campbell wouldnt continue improving without Zorn what everyones forgetting is zorn's a pretty darn good QB coach, and like he said it takes 2 full years to learn his system, like we're seeing now it clicking with campbell.

Hell no. Our improvement over the past 3 weeks has nothing to do with zorn. Lewis is the one calling the plays, and if anything, he's the one that deserves to stay. The offense under zorn from week 8 of 2008 to week 8 in 2009 was awful, predictable, and mismanaged. Zorn isnt ready to be a HC. He was fired 7 weeks ago, and it's only a matter of time. 3 solid weeks and 1 win and everybody wants to keep everything the same? Do you all have memory loss issues, and forgot about the previous 15 games when our offense was incredibly inept? No thanks.

Campbell has had a few solid games, but I haven't forgot about the last 4 years. Kudos for him for raising his level of play, but I want to see him put a team on his back and lead it to victory on a regular basis before you bring the guy back. At most, you give him the RFA 1-year tender.

Along these lines, I'm unsure about blache. The man plays too soft. We need some LB and CB depth, but his bend-but-dont-break defense has cost us a few games.

i think everyone forgets that sherm only calls the plays. JC and Sherm do not communicate at all during the week. ZORN DOES. Zorn is the one working with JC and he's the one running the plays in practice with him. Sherm just calls the plays.

i think everyone forgets that sherm only calls the plays. JC and Sherm do not communicate at all during the week. ZORN DOES. Zorn is the one working with JC and he's the one running the plays in practice with him. Sherm just calls the plays.

I think you're underestimating the importance of play calling. Zorn was a horrid playcaller early in the season and it showed. Now, we brought some guy off the street to run the offense and it has improved exponentially. Lewis may "just call the plays," but his ability to adjust to defenses and call the right play in the right situation is much better than Zorn's.

I think you're underestimating the importance of play calling. Zorn was a horrid playcaller early in the season and it showed. Now, we brought some guy off the street to run the offense and it has improved exponentially. Lewis may "just call the plays," but his ability to adjust to defenses and call the right play in the right situation is much better than Zorn's.

not all head coaches call plays like Arizona's coach. A good head cach is someone who can keep the team together and make them believe in the system and each other, someone who will have his team fighting to the end, now im not saying zorn is a good coach, will maybe not yet but those examples are the kind of things we're seeing from this team.

Zorn took over a team that made the playoffs two of the previous three seasons. Winning out the remaining three games would still leave him with a losing record as Redskins coach without ever having a winning season.

He is 5-11 over his last 16 and 6-15 over his last 21. Those numbers are not acceptable from a Redskins head coach. Particularly one who has never won mopre than he lost as a head coach either here or anywhere else. He has to go.

I think you're overestimating it. The offense is ALL Zorns. From the plays, to the packages, to the gameplanning. Its his stuff regardless of who calls run or pass. He probably had too much on his plate for sure. Especially since he's essentially learning to be a head coach as well.

But much more credit should be given to the players for believing in what they're being taught and coached to execute. Sherm Lewis does none of the above as AFAIK he doesnt communicate with the players.

Lewis deserves credit for his playcalling for sure but the majority of it has to go to the coaches and players for staying the course when they could have easily packed it in after Zorns obvious undermining.

You dont hear any of the "he has lost the team" talk that usually predates a coach being fired. These guys obviously believe in what they're being taught and have gained confidence these last few weeks despite the turmoil with questions about their HCs future and the close losses.

Thats a sign of true professionals in the locker room, but I'd also say that's a sign of Zorn becoming a good head coach.

I say stick with it another year at the least. Getting a new coach, QB, offense, etc. is not gonna get us to the playoffs next year and we'd be much closer to it by staying the course. Especially considering the way the team is playing now.

Let that build into something positive to look forward to for next year.

Zorn took over a team that made the playoffs two of the previous three seasons. Winning out the remaining three games would still leave him with a losing record as Redskins coach without ever having a winning season.

He is 5-11 over his last 16 and 6-15 over his last 21. Those numbers are not acceptable from a Redskins head coach. Particularly one who has never won mopre than he lost as a head coach either here or anywhere else. He has to go.

While I agree with the point that it is not a good... I just wonder if he wasn't ready and he's had some OJT. So, now, he would be the head coach after spending two seasons as a coordinator getting comfortable at more responsibilities.

He's learning, we've got a decent team... I would not be opposed to him coming back should the team perform impressively the next three games. Now, they bomb... he's gone before week 17

This Redskin team might be the best team in the NFL not to make the playoffs. They are playing like the did during their 6-2 start last year. Zorn deserves another season. They have patched up the offensive line, and it's actually better than the line they began the season with. They (the Redskins) might be a few draft picks and a couple of free agent signings away from being a 12-4 team next season.

Zorn should stay, and Sherman Lewis should get over compensated for the offensive coordinator position.

If Zorn would have won the last 4 games then it would be understandable to keep Zorn around. I think Zorn makes bone headed decisions that costs the Skins to lose to elite teams. The Skins this year has not won one divisional game so with that said, no Zorn must go but bring in a coach and gm that can implement some of the offense that Sherm is displaying but put their own stamp on the team.

If Zorn would have won the last 4 games then it would be understandable to keep Zorn around. I think Zorn makes bone headed decisions that costs the Skins to lose to elite teams. The Skins this year has not won one divisional game so with that said, no Zorn must go but bring in a coach and gm that can implement some of the offense that Sherm is displaying but put their own stamp on the team.

Speaking of division wins, the Redskins would have defeated Dallas had it not been for Suisam missing that 39 yrd FG, Also, Suisam's 23 yd miss cost the Redskins the Saints game, which is why he's no longer around. Yes, this team has underachieved this season, but it's not all the head coache's fault.

The Raiders are a ****ty team, so beating them really means nothing. Not to mention we knocked out their starting QB and Russel came in off the bench. We are better because of the play calling, which is S. Lewis, honestly, what in the mother **** has Zorn done for us the past two years?

Beating the Raiders means everything. I'm tired of some fans thinking the Redskins are some elite team who when they beat someone who's supposedly not as good, then it's not a big deal.

As for what Zorn has done for us the past two years...I don't know? Make some weird comments during press conferences? Really though, he's just learning as he goes, which is fine with me if we can pull this thing together for the last few games. Not every head coach calls the offense, so I don't know why people think it's any different for Zorn..Yes, I know they brought him here cause they thought he was some offensive genius.

Archived