Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN 980: Laron Landry to play Strong Safety against the Raiders per Vinny Cerrato

Springfield

Kareem Moore will play Free Safety. Heard it on the radio when Larry Michael was interviewing Vinny Cerrato.

Cerrato wouldn't completely confirm, but he said everything except, "Yes, it's true, Lanry is playing Strong Safety."

(didn't see a thread about it, sorry in advance if there is one)

RealRedskins

Per @980Skinsbeat LaRon Landry to start at strong safety, K. Moore at free for #Redskins

That makes a whole lot more sense. As a Landry supporter, I hope he flourishes in this role. A little worried about Kareem from the limited time I've seen him in action. Only time will tell.

Justice! I have been one of those that thought he could do more to help our team at strong since his strong rookie year at SS. Those that oppose me say he cant tackle, but I guess you forgot how solid he was at SS his rookie year. Its a lot easier to tackle Turner at the LOS at low speed than in the backfield running loose at full speed, dont you think?

Don't you have to be able to tackle to play SS??? As a matter of fact, don't you have to be know how to tackle if you play on defense?

I think this is a move to appease the fans. The larges part of the fan base (that wasn't arguing to drop Landry) was arguing to move Landry to SS. Much like the fan base wanted Orakpo at DE.

I think this is a move to appease the fans. The larges part of the fan base (that wasn't arguing to drop Landry) was arguing to move Landry to SS. Much like the fan base wanted Orakpo at DE.

Am I the only one who finds it wrong that our "Front Office" is actually making moves to appease the fanbase? :doh:

Its not just the fanbase. Joey T. ripped them pretty hard this week on Playbook. He said teams even knew Laron has a tendency to bite on double moves & how he'd be a better fit playing closer to the line to stop the run. Damn shame its taken Blache this long to figure it out.

Its not just the fanbase. Joey T. ripped them pretty hard this week on Playbook. He said teams even knew Laron has a tendency to bite on double moves & how he'd be a better fit playing closer to the line to stop the run. Damn shame its taken Blache this long to figure it out.

Taken Blache this long to figure out or Vinny? Who's calling the shots on where everyone starts... I'm not so sure it's the coaches.

Who plays FS? Doughty? Kareem Moore?

Next year I hope it's Eric Berry.

Am I the only one who finds it wrong that our "Front Office" is actually making moves to appease the fanbase? :doh:

I agree with you, but in this case it was the right move. See TK's post below.

I didn't see that, but it's not surprising that people around the league aren't talking about how poorly Landry has been playing at FS. When there is something wrong that both our fan base points out along with NFL Network, there is definitely something wrong.

And yes, it's a damn shame that it has taken Blache this wrong to figure it out. I honestly wonder if it was even Blache's call to move Landry to SS. I'm not really a Blache supporter and I don't really think the light bulb upstairs is very well lit. His defensive schemes seem stubborn and resistant to change to me.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/weblogs/redskins/2009/dec/13/landry-to-strong-safety/

I'm hearing that LaRon Landry will start at strong safety today with Kareem Moore taking over at free safety.

This is no knock at usual strong safety Reed Doughty, but a reflection of Landry's struggles in downfield coverage, particularly last week against New Orleand when he got burned on two long touchdowns.

Archived