Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN 980: Laron Landry to play Strong Safety against the Raiders per Vinny Cerrato

Springfield

Does LeRon Landry remind you of someone?.

My question is, assuming you meant Laron Landry, and not LeBron James, why is it, there's a hate thread on Laron, separate from, and simultaneous to the game thread, every Sunday during the game ?

Why not either post it in one of the other 35 Landry hate threads, or speak it in the game thread ?

Landry has obviously regressed. The talent is there, but he and Rodgers are completetly undercoached. I want to see how they do with a better coaching staff before gutting them from the team.

I like Carlos, but I think he already has one foot out the door. I mean, he took a picture with a fan wearing a shirt that says "Snyder Sucks."

Let me get this straight. Landry is STARTING at strong safety? He is going to start over Doughty, who has been playing pretty well at that position this year. I'd understand if they made Landry Doughty's backup, but having him start is absolutely ridiculous.

Why?

If Landry performs well there, he's the SS of the future. We have to evaluate him for better or worse. Doughty ain't our longterm solution. Landry might not be, but we have to find out.

i was thrilled to hear he got moved to SS. Finally. It was so plain to see for some, thanks to the minority that knew his style of play is best suited to SS and attacking the ball. We never forgot his stud rookie year. So he gets a FF and an INT today. When is the last time Reed came close to that?

Sure he got schooled deep by McFadden today, but DM is their best player. Blache should have had a corner on him wide from the start. He adjusted, and LL had a monster game. 3 passes defended, perhaps our best D showing of the year.

What Laron needs to do is be consistent now. He needs to build on the general success he had today and carry it over to next week. That's the mark of a great player.

I still have remained hopeful that he can be a phenomenal player in this league. Based on his natural skill set you have to be optimistic . . . it's just a question if he can use his head while he plays. When you play him where he excels he just always seems to be around the play. It'll definitely be interesting to see how the Giants, Cowboys, and Chargers attack the secondary with Reed as the Free though.

What Laron needs to do is be consistent now. He needs to build on the general success he had today and carry it over to next week. That's the mark of a great player

General success? Any time they could get him into pass coverage it was a win for gradkowski. It was like his name was "Roy Williams"

If they hadn't missed the other shot against the TE, it woulda been bad. As it is, Jamarcus coming in helped us a lot. Otherwise, we'd likely be here stunned wondering whether Laron biting on double moves just cost us the game.

If they hadn't missed the other shot against the TE, it woulda been bad. As it is, Jamarcus coming in helped us a lot. Otherwise, we'd likely be here stunned wondering whether Laron biting on double moves just cost us the game.

Instead of being here bashing him even though he had an interception at a key time that likely shifted any momentum that the Raiders had into our court?

i was thrilled to hear he got moved to SS. Finally. It was so plain to see for some, thanks to the minority that knew his style of play is best suited to SS and attacking the ball. We never forgot his stud rookie year. So he gets a FF and an INT today. When is the last time Reed came close to that?

Sure he got schooled deep by McFadden today, but DM is their best player. Blache should have had a corner on him wide from the start. He adjusted, and LL had a monster game. 3 passes defended, perhaps our best D showing of the year.

I'm with you he should have never been matched up DM that's essential playing him as a Nickel back which i thought was a bad move.

I liked how they moved him around i don't think its accurate to say they moved him to SS. He didn't get his Int playing SS he was in Cover 2 deep half.

I really like the line-up with Moore and Landry togother in a Cover 2.

*I find it very curious that Cerrato announced that Landry would play SS but both Zorn and Gray during the week both said Landry was fine at FS.

*I find it very curious that Cerrato announced that Landry would play SS but both Zorn and Gray during the week both said Landry was fine at FS.

I thought it was common knowledge that Zorn and Gray weren't a part of the game planning process. Most of the rest of the coaching staff isn't either.:silly:

I'm with you he should have never been matched up DM that's essential playing him as a Nickel back which i thought was a bad move.

I liked how they moved him around i don't think its accurate to say they moved him to SS. He didn't get his Int playing SS he was in Cover 2 deep half.

I really like the line-up with Moore and Landry togother in a Cover 2.

Nobody in the league would have been able to hang with Mcfadden on that slant.

Keep LL ?

hmmm....well, if they do, keep him on the line! He almost gave up another one today.

I did notice there was much less visibility of LL on tv today, especially after a play was over. He did seem to play much better on the line, but he needs to get some skills in blitzing, coming off the corner running WIDE outside took him forever to get there...

Archived