Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN 980: Laron Landry to play Strong Safety against the Raiders per Vinny Cerrato

Springfield

Did you just contradict yourself here?

I could be wrong, but I don't think we play a whole lot of cover 2... which is what you described in the second quote.

No we're going to be fine, they're not going to make kareem do what he can't do. You're right we don't, but jerry gray was talking about it when he had ST and LL. LL'll be used in coverage still.

Yup, I have a feeling we'll see some of that split the field type deal with Laron playing on half and Kareem playing the other. It'll be a mix bag. Moore does not have ST speed.

ST wasn't a burner. He was definitely fast for his size but wasn't insanely fast; sideline to sideline speed was enough. What he DID have was insane play recognition ability and knowing when and where to break. If you look at the best free safeties they have that trait. It is almost a 6th sense it seems. ST was pretty much always in a position to make a play.

ST wasn't a burner. He was definitely fast for his size but wasn't insanely fast; sideline to sideline speed was enough. What he DID have was insane play recognition ability and knowing when and where to break. If you look at the best free safeties they have that trait. It is almost a 6th sense it seems. ST was pretty much always in a position to make a play.

when he slimmed down he was definitely faster

Draft another first round safety?

Just how many user accounts do you have Cerrato?

Haha... I know it sounds preposterious (sp?), but this guy is better than Ed Reed... I don't want to draft a safety for the sake of drafting a safety, I want the best impact player... not by a small margin, but this guy will make an impact by a large margin over the next guy... If there are a few players that are close in impact and BPA, get your position, but if there is a guy above and beyond everyone else in terms of how good he is... draft him... that guy is Eric Berry. As evident in the New Orleans game, we need a FS...

If he is gone, and Sam Bradford and Jake Locker are gone... I say trade down to the low 1st rounds (maybe two picks) and select at least one OL... maybe two...

I could be wrong, but I don't think we play a whole lot of cover 2... which is what you described in the second quote.
Well, we don't play Cover 2, so we'll see how this goes.

We play some Cover 2/4 but we're just not good at it.

Landry didn't get beat when he was playing single deep FS in Cover 1/3 he was beat playing Cover 2/4.

BTW-Reed Doughty is playing FS not Moore

Archived