Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike Mayock on Jason Campbell

mhd24

which is again key determinant on whos a good QB and a bad QB. with that said, jason candle played well against the saints , making quick throws often , throwing to receivers backs, throwing on stride which he could never do even if his life depended on it. he has good games like he had against the Saints every 20 games or so.

so to his INT. that throw, decision making, the lateness of the throw while having protection with nobody around him shows what he is a true game manager when the game is on the line. no matter of what you have done in the entire game, when the game is on the line and if you cant come through, what you have done becomes distant memory.

If candle has a history of final winning game drives in his resume, then his epic fail when the game was on the line against the saints is fine cause not every QB conducts a winning drive at the end of the game. problem with candle is that he has never had one while having many opportunities.

but we still want to rave about hsi game against the saints less his INT at the end? no one is saying he had a bad game. he had a good game but the consistency is not there. he has a good game like he did against the saints around every 20 games. lack of consistency is an understatement.

if candle can perform like he did against the saints for the next 4 games showing consistency, i would highly ponder brining him back next yr. once we establish his consistecny, i beleive that conducting a winning drive will come as he gets more confident . but going by his history, a chnace of him having a good game like he did against the saints is unlikely.

He was getting hit when he made that throw,thats what it looked like to me.

I am so sick of all the excuses Campbell gets around here, I have decided that we should sign him to a low end multi-year contract.

That's right. Since they are touting him so strong now, he must be the real deal.

And, we should not spend a dime on the offensive line or the entire offense for that matter. He doesn't need it. Just look at how great he is right now.

Spend every draft pick on defense. Make the defense the best in the NFL.

I'll be more than happy with a dominating defense. That way, when Campbell comes on the field, I can go cook up some burgers, make ****tails and hit the head.

It could be a dream season, and we might even win the Super Bowl. It's a win/win for all the Campbell lovers, too.

Beautiful!

I am so sick of all the excuses Campbell gets around here, I have decided that we should sign him to a low end multi-year contract.

That's right. Since they are touting him so strong now, he must be the real deal.

And, we should not spend a dime on the offensive line or the entire offense for that matter. He doesn't need it. Just look at how great he is right now.

Spend every draft pick on defense. Make the defense the best in the NFL.

I'll be more than happy with a dominating defense. That way, when Campbell comes on the field, I can go cook up some burgers, make ****tails and hit the head.

It could be a dream season, and we might even win the Super Bowl. It's a win/win for all the Campbell lovers, too.

Beautiful!

He's done well for the past three games. It doesn't negate his poor performances for the majority of his career.

Why is it not possible to look at his recent three games as admirable performances without wanting to put him in Canton?

Coulda, shoulda, woulda, didn't. He made great decisions up to that, and even up to that I think it was the right decision. Good coverage. People making a big deal about this INT is a bit rediculous. Other QBs have thrown INTs in situations like this. He tried to make something happen.

Exactly, never mind the piss poor throw, or the disgusting accuracy, or the holding onto the ball to long again. Those things don't matter. Jason is a future HoF. :doh:

Exactly, never mind the piss poor throw, or the disgusting accuracy, or the holding onto the ball to long again. Those things don't matter. Jason is a future HoF. :doh:

Jason definitely needs to get the ball out quicker, but "disgusting accuracy?" He's completing 66% of his passes. Either we have some of the best receivers in the league, or he's pretty damn accurate.

But, but re-signing Campbell would likely mean that Colt would be riding the bench. How will the Redskins ever make it to the Super Bowl if their fearless leader Colt is riding the pine again? :jerk:

Good breakdowns in there, thank you for sharing.

That INT was actually the right decision in that situation, IMO.

Time is running out, I believe we had no timeouts left, there was one guy open but in middle of field and short. Davis cut for sideline and Vilma read it and timed it perfectly.

I didn't see a "lack of clutch" in that situation, what I saw was a good decision with a bad result. I'd be interested to see what others think should have been done in that situation instead though.

JC just threw it late..... That never works.

But, but re-signing Campbell would likely mean that Colt would be riding the bench. How will the Redskins ever make it to the Super Bowl if their fearless leader Colt is riding the pine again? :jerk:

Briliiant! Colt Brennan may very well beat out Jason Campbell in 2010. So, signing Campbell to a low-end deal would make him the perfect candidate for the # 2 QB on the Skins. Colt Brennan could very well be a great leader for the Washington Redskins, and lead us to the promised land: Super Bowl 2011.

Jason definitely needs to get the ball out quicker, but "disgusting accuracy?" He's completing 66% of his passes. Either we have some of the best receivers in the league, or he's pretty damn accurate.

He has a accuracy of 66%, however; 90% (estimate of course) of his passes are withen five yards of the line of scrimage. When you consider how many short passes he throws to backs and TE's and WR screens his accuracy should be much, much higher. How many times do you see a receiver have to stop, or go down to the ground, or jump five feet into the air to catch the ball. Why do you think our YAC is so bad as a whole team. Receivers can't catch the ball in stride and keep running. Simple Jason SUCKS elephant testicals.

He's done well for the past three games. It doesn't negate his poor performances for the majority of his career.

Why is it not possible to look at his recent three games as admirable performances without wanting to put him in Canton?

because its time to move on and the more random good games he has in a sea of garbage (not to mention there is absolutely 0 pressure to win games now) the more fans are going to want him to stay around and anchor this team down for the next few years.

i mean when is enough enough? i know elkabong has me on ignore, but at the beginning of the season when we were arguing this he said this was the year campbell had to prove he can play, and if not, we should move on. is a 3-9 record with pedestrian stats really what some people want us to build on? does campbells sporadic good games (and frankly its been one impressive showing) negate everything else hes done? is a guy like him worth being the foundation of an offense?

i dont think so at all. and i cannot fathom how any fan could.

He has a accuracy of 66%, however; 90% (estimate of course) of his passes are withen five yards of the line of scrimage. When you consider how many short passes he throws to backs and TE's and WR screens his accuracy should be much, much higher. How many times do you see a receiver have to stop, or go down to the ground, or jump five feet into the air to catch the ball. Why do you think our YAC is so bad as a whole team. Receivers can't catch the ball in stride and keep running. Simple Jason SUCKS elephant testicals.

78% of his passes are thrown 10 yards or less.

I can't tell you how stupid this post makes you look. Not because of your made up stat, but because you're supposedly over thirty and are implying that our quarterback has mental retardation and saying that he sucks elephant testicles.

because its time to move on and the more random good games he has in a sea of garbage (not to mention there is absolutely 0 pressure to win games now) the more fans are going to want him to stay around and anchor this team down for the next few years.

i mean when is enough enough? i know elkabong has me on ignore, but at the beginning of the season when we were arguing this he said this was the year campbell had to prove he can play, and if not, we should move on. is a 3-9 record with pedestrian stats really what some people want us to build on? does campbells sporadic good games (and frankly its been one impressive showing) negate everything else hes done? is a guy like him worth being the foundation of an offense?

i dont think so at all. and i cannot fathom how any fan could.

You're extrapolating and I'm not. That's the difference. I'm looking at the most recent three games, and that's it. Does Campbell's body of work say that he should stay and be our offensive centerpiece? No.

You're extrapolating and I'm not. That's the difference. I'm looking at the most recent three games, and that's it. Does Campbell's body of work say that he should stay and be our offensive centerpiece? No.

fair enough, im just terrified of the thought of having to watch ANOTHER 16 games with campbell behind center.

and you gotta hand it to jrfriedm, elephant testicles are funny no matter how you slice it. at least give him that? lol

fair enough, im just terrified of the thought of having to watch ANOTHER 16 games with campbell behind center.

and you gotta hand it to jrfriedm, elephant testicles are funny no matter how you slice it. at least give him that? lol

Same here and living through these 12 has been painful enough.

If this were a year or two ago, then you know that I'd be defending Campbell until my fingers were raw.

Notice how I'm not.

That should give you my perspective. :(

And please don't talk about slicing elephant testicles. Never LOL@that. :(

Same here and living through these 12 has been painful enough.

if hes the starter next year i wont be taking the team seriously at all. but im almost positive hes gone.

If this were a year or two ago, then you know that I'd be defending Campbell until my fingers were raw.

Notice how I'm not.

That should give you my perspective. :(

And please don't talk about slicing elephant testicles. Never LOL@that. :(

i know youre off that train (thank jesus lol), but plenty others are still riding high (high being the key word there).

and who said anything about slicing? im just talking about them in general. no need for violence towards elephants! lol

I wonder how this stat is going to be refuted.....

well to be fair he is in a WCO so its built on short passes, but some seem to think that means the WCO offense never stretches the field, which is blatantly wrong.

aaron rodgers stretches the field while running a WCO in green bay similar to ours, hes just 100x better at it.

Not refuting, but wondering where you got that stat from and how it compares to other quarterbacks.

Is it comparable to the DYAR "through the air" stats, or is it 10 yards pass, catch, and YAC?

same place i always do, espn splits.

rodgers has 50 more attempts than campbell, yet campbell has thrown almost the exact same amount of short passes (less than 10 yards) as rodgers (287 for rodgers, 285 for campbell).

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/splits?playerId=8439

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/splits?playerId=8440

He has a accuracy of 66%, however; 90% (estimate of course) of his passes are withen five yards of the line of scrimage.

You just have no clue what you're talking about. We run the West Coast offense, which utilizes many short passes. So, don't knock him because he is playing within the scheme. Additionally, MANY other teams run the West Coast offense and utilize short passes.....yet Campbell's YPA rank as 12th best in the league, on par with McNabb's.

Your point that Campbell is inaccurate is total garbage. He's completing 2/3 of his passes, which is very good, even when compared to quarterbacks who play in the West Coast offense. But, if you want to ignore the FACTS and rely on your feelings, go for it. :rolleyes:

same place i always do, espn splits.

rodgers has 50 more attempts than campbell, yet campbell has thrown almost the exact same amount of short passes (less than 10 yards) as rodgers (287 for rodgers, 285 for campbell).

West Coast offenses vary significantly. The Packers are my second favorite team and they LOVE to throw the long ball and have the receiving threats to make defenses play the entire field. Using Rodgers as a baseline for what quarterbacks in a West Coast offense should be doing isn't really fair.

McNabb is a better baseline, IMO. McNabb and Reid love to throw the deep ball, but emphasize the short passing game like most West Coast offenses. Guess what percentage of McNabb's passes are thrown within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage? 74%...pretty damn similar to JC's stats.

You just have no clue what you're talking about. We run the West Coast offense, which utilizes many short passes. So, don't knock him because he is playing within the scheme. Additionally, MANY other teams run the West Coast offense and utilize short passes.....yet Campbell's YPA rank as 12th best in the league, on par with McNabb's.

Your point that Campbell is inaccurate is total garbage. He's completing 2/3 of his passes, which is very good, even when compared to quarterbacks who play in the West Coast offense. But, if you want to ignore the FACTS and rely on your feelings, go for it. :rolleyes:

Hes not really that inaccurate.....until the ball needs to travel very far. I think JC is far more accurate than Mcnabb in the short passing game.

Its when you get into the intermediate, and deep passing game when Mcnabb dominates JC. Deep passes win games in this league.....and I think its a big reason why JC loses much more than he wins...:(

Archived