Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike Mayock on Jason Campbell

mhd24

Offering JC a tender might get us a first and third if another team wants him. If not, he's got a one-year contract with us as a stop-gap while we can tell if our draftee is the QB of the future or JC...

Offering JC the tender would be worth it IMO.

I agree and disagree. No one is going to give up a first and third yet alone a third for Jason. Maybe sign and then use him to move around at draft time. That or package him with others that could be traded in the off season.

Offering JC a tender might get us a first and third if another team wants him. If not, he's got a one-year contract with us as a stop-gap while we can tell if our draftee is the QB of the future or JC...

Offering JC the tender would be worth it IMO.

If tendering Campbell nets us a 1st and a 3rd, or anything close to it, then I am all for it.

We beat the Saints?
I was waiting for this response! He led us from deep in our own territory to the Saints 6 yd line. Chip shot FG to win the game. Yet he gets no credit for that, because another platyer failed. yet when he is successful, it is because of others around him. No JC hater will ever give him his due. See Broncos game.

Does none see the blitzer right in Campbell's face which rushed the throw????

They blitzed six and we had six blockers.. does anyone have the intelligence to wonder why one of them wasn't blocked??? Campbell's 1st read was covered as he scanned the field the delayed blitz came and the RB picked up the delayed blitzer. This was a bad move because that was Dockery's job. Dock and Rabach were double teaming one guy!! That left a clean alley for the rush up the middle which got in Campbell's face and rushed his throw. If the line would've picked up the blitz Campbell could've bought some time and possibly scrambled for the first down. Yes it was a poor throw but he was trying to make a play in the midst of his protection breaking down.

I was waiting for this response! He led us from deep in our own territory to the Saints 6 yd line. Chip shot FG to win the game. Yet he gets no credit for that, because another platyer failed. yet when he is successful, it is because of others around him. No JC hater will ever give him his due. See Broncos game.

u were waiting for what? he led us deep in our own territory to the saints 6 yr line? while being down or tied? we were up by 7 at that time and he drove us down the field for a 2 score lead. by far, not the same as being down or tied and having a chance to win late conducting a winning drive. i mean the difference in pressure between those two circumstances are at opposite ends. if you cant even distinguish that, why even bother having a debate? what did Brees do right after suisham missed the FG with less than 2 mins to play. that's right. that is what you called being clutch. having a chance to, in this case a tie and take it to OT. he did and matter of fact he did it so quick, it gave Candle a shot to be clutch himself. and you know the rest. Cant believe i have to spell everything out man.

that interception was not the worst part of that game...cambell needs to take more chances...not a bad decision at all. We'd be lucky if campbell came back, but he aint...insted we are going to have three woefull seasons with a newbie QB who may turn out to be a bust. Speaking of busts, Laron Landry, carlos rogers.

that interception was not the worst part of that game...cambell needs to take more chances...not a bad decision at all. We'd be lucky if campbell came back, but he aint...insted we are going to have three woefull seasons with a newbie QB who may turn out to be a bust. Speaking of busts, Laron Landry, carlos rogers.

unlike u, i do not predict the future. i didnt say " we woul dbe lucky if brunell came back but he aint.. instead we are going to have 5 woeful seasons with a 1st rd drafted QB while giving away two picks to move up, who may turn out to be a bust"...... speaking of bust, hey candle turned out to be a bust. i knew this 3 yrs ago though.

Improved the team to a 3-9 record? Thanks but no thanks.

Improved to 0-3, actually. The team as a whole isn't doing enough to win, but they are doing better, especially Campbell.

not sure how you came to that conclusion when im soley talking about your use of certain terms (amazing) loosely. this is what im talking about when i say u take people's comments and twist it around.

i edited on my previous post but u replied already so i'll ask again. do you even know what im talking about when im talking about quinn and stafford's game this yr? do you watch other games than the redskins or follow it?

Like talking to a wall, really.

Campbell had an amazing game. Get over it.

Clearly I follow the NFL as a whole. Questioning that just makes you look ridiculous, as per usual.

unlike u, i do not predict the future. i didnt say " we woul dbe lucky if brunell came back but he aint.. instead we are going to have 5 woeful seasons with a 1st rd drafted QB while giving away two picks to move up, who may turn out to be a bust"...... speaking of bust, hey candle turned out to be a bust. i knew this 3 yrs ago though.

1) I do not predict the future.

2) I predicted the future three years ago.

:doh:

Your use of "Candle" in lieu of Campbell makes you look idiotic and childish.

Let me help you out here wd.

the other poster that compared brady 's INT to candle's.

Stop right there.

This is all the other poster did he compared one int to another int.

The rest is just you spinning avoiding addressing the simple fact that every QB makes mistakes.

he didnt say it word by word that they are on the same level but if anyone uses the god given ability to be logical, it translates to candle just as good as brady whom also happens to make INTs.

He didn't say it at all.

YOU are the one that's making the assertion that Brady's is on the small level as Campbell.

Its a strawman argument.

You should know what that is since you keep mentioning 'logic' in your posts.

he said the INT was actually the right decision in that situation ...

Oh man, ive heard it all now. is this guy serious? no wonder he hearts jason candle. he thinks just like him. what person with football knowledge would say that. just wow. the lack of football knowledge this guy brings to the table. LOL

a 5th yr seasoned veteran would read the defense easily and just throw it away by READING the DEFENSE which again is one of the many things Jason candle cant do. that is the only right decision because one, candle was never pressured and two, candle threw the ball late and the defender was right there. how he didnt not see him is mind boggling to say the least. he is like a robot. he gets a play and just do exactly what he is told while other QBs in that situation wouldve taken his time, assess the defender and either throw it away or turna nd look at his 2nd or 3 rd option.

He said INT was the RIGHT decision!!!!!!! Seriously people, you just cant make these stuff up!!!! dumbest statement of the yr. no, ill take that back. dumbest post ever. HAHAHAHAHAH. i cant stop laughing.

Quit acting like a child and address others like an adult.

I also said I'd like others to offer up what throw they think he should have made. Yet no solutions from you, just mindless ****ing just for the sake of doing so.

I also further explained that the receiver on the top had a CB man to man and a safety over top, the slot may have been a possibility but there was a blitzer right there who could have been in the way. Davis was open, but the throw was a little late and Vilma made a fantastic play on the ball. So yes, the decision to throw to Davis was correct, he was open near the sideline and appeared to be the sole option on that play.

Campbell does read the defense, he goes through his progressions, he even recognizes the delayed blitzer. Did you even watch the video this thread is about? Maybe you should try and understand other people's points instead of taking a moronic and simplistic view point on them, much as you have with the play in question by making stupid assumptions about Campbell which you can clearly see he's doing all of what you say he doesn't in that video. So I guess we can put your post up for most ignorant of the year. Get a life.

We beat the Saints?

Campbell beat the Saints last year with a gorgeous throw.

and Jason is what 19-30 lifetime?

Yep, not an all-star at all over those games, but the last three he has PROGRESSED, not regressed as you said.

I'm no Campbell defender.

Anyone who says Fred Davis was the right decision has no idea what they are talking about.

Top receiver could have been hit on the back shoulder. Why? Safety was too far away, and the corner was focused on the slot receiver and had his back turned to the receiver with his hips and feet planted.

Slot receiver could have been hit for a short gain. Why? Because he was open.

Bottom receiver was one on one with the corner who was playing deep, so that is a low percentage throw but still better than Fred Davis.

Fred Davis was covered, Vilma didn't make some sort of spectacular diving interception, he caught it in stride.

The only people who would still claim Fred Davis was the correct decision doesn't know what they are talking about.

He didn't say it at all.

YOU are the one that's making the assertion that Brady's is on the small level as Campbell.

Its a strawman argument.

You should know what that is since you keep mentioning 'logic' in your posts.

yes. good observation. he did not say it at all. how long did it take u to figure it out? again, using logic , there is always a reason why people say or do certain things. my question to him then is, why did he use brady to compare candle's INT? to show that brady is bad as candle ? or, candle is just as good as brady but like every QB, they make INT? surely , he is going to go with the latter. not everything is spelled out for you. if you know what i mean. this aint rocket science

yes. good observation. he did not say it at all. how long did it take u to figure it out? again, using logic , there is always a reason why people say or do certain things. my question to him then is, why did he use brady to compare candle's INT? to show that brady is bad as candle ? or, candle is just as good as brady but like every QB, they make INT? surely , he is going to go with the latter. not everything is spelled out for you. if you know what i mean. this aint rocket science

He compared one interception to another. End of discussion.

You're taking it way too far and looking like a fool in the process.

Using "Candle" instead of Campbell makes you look idiotic and childish.

1) I do not predict the future.

2) I predicted the future three years ago.

:doh:

Your use of "Candle" in lieu of Campbell makes you look idiotic and childish.

didnt say he will be a bust 3 yrs ago. i said i knew he was a bust meaning i declared him a bust 3 yrs ago. again, twisting my words. LOL this guy does a gift doesnt he though?

didnt say he will be a bust 3 yrs ago. i said i knew he was a bust meaning i declared him a bust 3 yrs ago. again, twisting my words. LOL this guy does a gift doesnt he though?

1) Learn to form coherent sentences.

2) You're calling a guy a bust two years in. That should show you how little that you know about football.

Campbell beat the Saints last year with a gorgeous throw.

Yep, not an all-star at all over those games, but the last three he has PROGRESSED, not regressed as you said.

I'm no Campbell defender.

Again in a contract year. Plus he looked pretty good according to a lot of people in the first 8 games of 2008 didn't he? What happened after that?

He is what he is and see a Ferrotte type of career for him which isn't so bad in the long run. I just hope he leaves and does it somewhere else because I don't like mediocre personally.

I want a guy like Brees, McNabb, Rivers etc.

Again in a contract year. Plus he looked pretty good according to a lot of people in the first 8 games of 2008 didn't he? What happened after that?

He is what he is and see a Ferrotte type of career for him which isn't so bad in the long run. I just hope he leaves and does it somewhere else because I don't like mediocre personally.

I want a guy like Brees, McNabb, Rivers etc.

Whatever, I don't really disagree with you.

I'm talking about these three games specifically and the current trend of his which is improving. That's all.

He compared one interception to another. End of discussion.

You're taking it way too far and looking like a fool in the process.

Using "Candle" instead of Campbell makes you look idiotic and childish.

i mean god forbid if somebody compared candle's INT to russell's, you and your homer pals would immediately start thrashing jamarcus russelll saying, there is no way russell is better than candle.

there is no such thing as taking it way too far. we actually think and dissect. you take it too far by being clueless, bias towards a bad QB by the name of candle and just flat out irrational.

now who is looking like a fool?

i mean god forbid if somebody compared candle's INT to russell's, you and your homer pals would immediately start thrashing jamarcus russelll saying, there is no way russell is better than candle.

there is no such thing as taking it way too far. we actually think and dissect. you take it too far by being clueless, bias towards a bad QB by the name of candle and just flat out irrational.

now who is looking like a fool?

I'm not a Campbell supporter. If we could get a better quarterback, then I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Comparing a Russell pick is the same thing. A pick is a pick.

You seriously don't know what the hell you're talking about, as per usual.

Your use of "Candle" makes you look childish and idiotic.

1) Learn to form coherent sentences.

2) You're calling a guy a bust two years in. That should show you how little that you know about football.

here we go again. eng 101. change the topic at hand.

after two yrs? sure. all u had to do was see how bad his mechanics were and how slow he was at everything. the same issues that he has now. no progression.

i mean after all, u homers are calling for sanchez, a rookie, saying he is bad and thank god that we didnt get him. like i say, u cant have it both ways pal. we think, u homers dont.

here we go again. eng 101. change the topic at hand.

after two yrs? sure. all u had to do was see how bad his mechanics were and how slow he was at everything. the same issues that he has now. no progression.

i mean after all, u homers are calling for sanchez, a rookie, saying he is bad and thank god that we didnt get him. like i say, u cant have it both ways pal. we think, u homers dont.

1) I didn't change the topic. Your inability to communicate hurts your argument.

2) You can't call anyone a bust after two years, plain and simple. You look like a moron if you do. To say that Campbell's mechanics haven't improved is also moronic.

3) I was, and am, vehemently against Sanchez. I'm not a homer.

It's like you try to look as stupid as possible. You're very successful, by the way.

Archived