Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike Mayock on Jason Campbell

mhd24

Look at the last picture you posted. Davis is cutting away from the defender with good position. Seems pretty clear to me. It was just a bad timed throw.

Dude, what are you talking about. Davis ran a 90 degree out. Davis is not even out of his break and therefore it is physically impossible for him to be "cutting away from the defender". Jonathan Vilma is already running towards where the ball is going. Seriously, what are you talking about.

Whatever, I don't really disagree with you.

I'm talking about these three games specifically and the current trend of his which is improving. That's all.

..but three games don't mean squat except for three games. They don't play three games seasons and I guarantee you I could (given if I had the time) to find three game stretches where they looked good of any qb that started 50 games or more.

I know you guys finally have something to grab hold of but what I fear the most is that Danny thinks this is what Jason will be like in the future. If you are the owner and changing staff again that returns Jason to ground one and he needs to move on.

Enjoy your ride and I will enjoy him moving on.

I'm sure most teams would like to have a QB like Brees, or Peyton, or Brady, etc. Problem is...it isn't that easy and much of the time it is pure luck of the draw. Brady was a nobody coming out of college. Nobody could have predicted he would become one of the better QBs in history. Peyton was considered by most (including the Colts and the Chargers) to be a wash with Leaf. One took one, one took the other. Look how that turned out. Brees looked mediocre his first years in SD, then turned it up his last year. But he had been injured and there was no way of knowing if that good year was an abberation, if his injury would stick with him, etc. It was luck of the draw. Cutler was considered a surefire "franchise QB" who would be able to light it up and, as such, was traded for two 1st rounders and a 3rd. The jury may still be out on that, but it certainly doesn't look like he was worth nearly that much at this point. Over the past decade the Skins have been throwing away good QBs over and over in leiu of the shiny new one who they thought would be a savior and be the next Brady, Manning, Marino, whatever. We let Trent Green go, we let Brad Johnson go, etc. And ended up being worse off for it as they ended up going on and being pretty successful while we were stuck looking like bigger and bigger idiots.

I want a guy with the fire like Brees, McNabb or Rivers. How is that? Better? I just want to see a QB lead on the field and watch the guys get lifted by him which I don't see with Jason.

He did what your supposed to do in that situation. The throw was a tick late. Its not as if he completely missed his own guy and threw it right into the arms of a stalled defender.
When you see a CB blitz, the ball should be out of your hands immediately.

Jason hesitates which is why his throw was late.

I have said this before I don't believe it's a pure hesitation it's just that he can't perform at the speed needed. Maybe it's one in the same but it will not improve. When given all day any fair qb will play better it's the ones that anticipate and play at NFL speed well that succeed and Jason isn't at that level.

Does not mater to me. He was trying to make something happen. Besides... its splitting hairs. JC made a decent throw. Vilma made a helluva play. Watch the vid, he gets a last second burst and has to lay out and make a fingertip grab to bring it in. It was a great play by the defender on a pass that was just a tick late.

I have been hearing al year that certain people would stfu if he just tried. Mae the tights throws... heck, even throw interceptions as long as he was going downfiled.

Now, everytime the guy does what has been asked, he is ridiculed for it. He just cant please some people unless he throw 400 yards no INT's and 4 TD every game. Thats what people are essentially looking for.

I have said this before I don't believe it's a pure hesitation it's just that he can't perform at the speed needed. Maybe it's one in the same but it will not improve. When given all day any fair qb will play better it's the ones that anticipate and play at NFL speed well that succeed and Jason isn't at that level.
:laugh:His speed is fine; he's actually been doing a very good job of recognizing blitzes and making plays against them since Lewis took over. Hell, even on the INT play, he immediately saw the blitz and saw the open man. Why he didn't throw to the open man is another issue.

He could have thrown it away had he read the defense. Keep possession and live to fight another down.

:whoknows:

Oh. Logic. Novel.

JC played a very good game - perhaps his best as a pro but this INT was not cool and was unnecessary. It was by no means his worst decision in B&G but it was one play (of a number of plays) that helped us lose that game.

i dont care if u are a candle supporter or not. i mean it is your right. we are here to talk football. but the fact taht you can logically put together hobbie's intention when he compared brady's INT to candle's is mind boggling , saying a pick is a pick. LOL have you even read his posts man? he even points out how bad brady's pick is and that candle's pick wasnt even as bad.

. . . you keep bringing up "Candle homers", and I can only assume that you're referring to Campbell.

I've read his posts for a hell of a lot longer than the month that you've been here. My reading comprehension is not the issue here. Re-examine your history.

ur inability to communicate hurts me and your argument. but i make it out without pointing out your inability and concentrate on the topic at hand.

as for his mechanics, nothing has improved. nothing that you post makes any sense other than u have the right to do so. i mean if you couldnt tell he was a bust after collins came in on the same game and made a difference and the rest of the season, u might as well give candle another 10 yrs to progress cause u will never know.

I can't understand how you don't understand what I'm saying. Nobody else has the issue aside from you.

Your use of the name "Candle" in lieu of Campbell makes you look foolish and idiotic.

Does not mater to me. He was trying to make something happen. Besides... its splitting hairs. JC made a decent throw. Vilma made a helluva play. Watch the vid, he gets a last second burst and has to lay out and make a fingertip grab to bring it in. It was a great play by the defender on a pass that was just a tick late.
This is the problem with this conversation. It was not a decent throw, it was thrown under pressure and picked off.
I have been hearing al year that certain people would stfu if he just tried. Mae the tights throws... heck, even throw interceptions as long as he was going downfiled.
He didn't throw the ball down field.
Now, everytime the guy does what has been asked, he is ridiculed for it. He just cant please some people unless he throw 400 yards no INT's and 4 TD every game. Thats what people are essentially looking for.
We're analyzing a single play.

If you want to start a thread on Jason's progress then go for it.

..but three games don't mean squat except for three games. They don't play three games seasons and I guarantee you I could (given if I had the time) to find three game stretches where they looked good of any qb that started 50 games or more.

I know you guys finally have something to grab hold of but what I fear the most is that Danny thinks this is what Jason will be like in the future. If you are the owner and changing staff again that returns Jason to ground one and he needs to move on.

Enjoy your ride and I will enjoy him moving on.

Again, I'm not arguing with you.

I'm just looking at these three games because they're the latest three.

He's had seven game-winning or tying drives? Can anyone remember and post these games. I can think of one against NO last year but no others. - Thanks
Not sure which games they actually counted, but here are the possibilities.......

-Carolina: GW TD to Cooley

-Miami: FG drive in OT

-@ Philly: GW TD in 4th quarter (CP rush)

-NYJ: FG drive in OT

-New Orleans: Bomb to Moss with around 3:00 to go

-Arizona: Screen to Moss for GW TD in 4th

-@ Dallas: GW FG drive ended with 3:26 to go

-Cleveland: GW TD to Moss in 4th

-Seattle: GW FG with 9:23 to go (on the play prior to the FG, Sellers dropped what would've been a TD), followed by a drive that stalled at Seattle's 23 due to Betts fumbling

-Denver: Go-ahead TD with under 3:00 to go (Betts rush)

Also noteworthy are STL & SF of 2008, where he led go-ahead TD drives, only to have the D allow our opponents to kick FGs as the clock hit 0:00

Do you really want to play the dropped passes game? Seriously?

Sure. The Washington Redskins rank 25th in dropped passes. 23rd in dropped passes per pass attempt. They were not ranked in the Top 10 last year either.

So can we seriously stop complaining about dropped passes as if that is a problem plaguing the Redskins?

:laugh:His speed is fine; he's actually been doing a very good job of recognizing blitzes and making plays against them since Lewis took over. Hell, even on the INT play, he immediately saw the blitz and saw the open man. Why he didn't throw to the open man is another issue.

I couldn't disagree more. His mental speed is not NFL caliber and never will be. He has made it farther then a lot of others in the same position because he is so tough physically.

Sure. The Washington Redskins rank 25th in dropped passes. 23rd in dropped passes per pass attempt. They were not ranked in the Top 10 last year either.

So can we seriously stop complaining about dropped passes as if that is a problem plaguing the Redskins?

How about the one that Smoot dropped?

How about the one that Landry and Fletcher dropped?

You can play the what if game with any QB.

That's what I meant, Shilsu.

..and because they give you what you want to see. That's fine for you maybe but I am not a fair weather fan.

Huh? Who are "they" and what is the "what" that they want me to see? And how the hell can you accuse me of being a fair weather fan?

That's what I meant, Shilsu.

Huh? Who are "they" and what is the "what" that they want me to see? And how the hell can you accuse me of being a fair weather fan?

"They" as in the so called three games you only want to look at ignoring the ones he didn't play well in. You can't obviously be that thick and I am not playing your game anymore so enjoy your troll and the time with Jason. :D

"They" as in the so called three games you only want to look at ignoring the ones he didn't play well in. You can't obviously be that thick and I am not playing your game anymore so enjoy your troll and the time with Jason. :D

Implying that I have a relationship with Campbell? You just don't stop making an ass out of yourself.

I've said repeatedly that I don't think that Campbell is our franchise quarterback and that I wouldn't mind seeing him gone next year.

All that I was pointing out was your poor writing and the three games in which he's played well which happen to be the most recent games.

I can't believe how stupid posters have gotten on this board. Then again, maybe I'm just thick.

Implying that I have a relationship with Campbell? You just don't stop making an ass out of yourself.

Where did I say that and why would I care? Damn you are too much try reading the thread again when you are sober.

Enjoy I just used ignore for the first time.

Archived