Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike Mayock on Jason Campbell

mhd24

and what is it with this trend of putting canlde in the same sentence with brady? this seriously needs to stop. i almost feel sorry for jason candle for this absurd comparison.

The poster was comparing the interceptions they threw not the players themselves which is what YOU are doing to avoid addressing his point about the int that Brady threw.

Oh, btw Brady threw an int earlier in the game when the Pats were in the RZ.

not only does this guy manipulate stats but uses useless ones too. correct me if im wrong but seven game winning/tie drive. wasnt this not dissected in another thread? that stat during cowboys game doesnt mean candle had last winning game drive or conducting a winning drive under 2 mins to play. and which one of those 7 was a winning drive. listen, candle conducts a drive that leads to a TD and gives the lead. then neither team scores rest of the game. that is considered winning drive which is included in that useless stat. we are talking about game winning drives late in the game under 2 mins. but u dont need to resort to some useless stat. if you are a redskins fan , im pretty sure uve seen all the redskins games. and if you have, you would know exactly when candle has conducted a late winning drive. it would stick out. you just dont forget stuff like that. just like when brunell won for us against the cowboys with that pass to MOss in dallas. you just dont forget stuff like that. i cant recall ont winning drive late in the game from this guy. you wanna call last yrs win against saints a winning drive. sure go ahead. that's one. what else in how many starts and opportunities?

like one poster said in this thread

"Jason has to be by far the leader in last possession turn overs, either by INT or strip sack fumbles. Happens WAY to much. If we have 2 TO left, take a sack. Throws ball late and picked off, Vilma almost took it in, GAME OVER, forget OT.

He just doesnt have "IT""

this is alll i recall from jason candle in pressure clutch moments late inthe game. INT against the bucs several yrs back, INT against the cowgirls several yrs back. INT against the cowgirls this yr, INT agains the saints this yr..... etc. i didnt have to look up any stats on the internet to come up with this. i watched all redskins game hence, i recall all this.

I'm telling you what FOX presented. I'm gonna go with FOX over a poster on this board any day when it comes to stats.

And why do you constantly refer to other members as though they're on display? Nobody's backing you up, or haven't you noticed? Your tact on this board, in just one month, has already gotten you a ton of ridicule and a warning from the mods. I'd take heed or take off.

and you dont read apparently. or maybe u did but u have short term memory. my first post in this thread was giving candle credit for having a good game. again u dont make these stuff up folks. i clearly gave candle credit where credit is ude but this guy is accusing me of otherwise.

i think yuo have made a habit of bashing and slandering other suppoesly "candle haters" that when we do credit him, it just goes in one ear and out the other. u should take you won advice and try criticizing candle because lets face it, he has more room for criticism than being praised. just look at his performance for the past 5 yrs. that is all u have to do buddy.

Again, you try to insult posters, but the comments mean nothing. As narcissistic as you are, I stated clearly that PEOPLE need to give Campbell credit where it's due. I'll let you go look up that word and see if it applies solely to you.

I've criticized Campbell numerous times, way before you've gotten here. In fact, stating to "give credit where it's due" inherently implies to do it when it's due, not all of the time, and it has a reciprocating implication to criticize when it's due, too.

You come off horribly on this board, for the record. Nobody's backing you up personally for a reason.

Your use of "Candle" in lieu of Campbell makes you look childish and idiotic. And thus far, through nearly all of your near-300 posts, the content does as well.

Okay, "bro."

This is the way I look at it. No matter what your name is, if you throw for 367 yards, 72% completion, 3 TDs and 1 INT, you had a hell of a game. I don't care how the game went, there is no way anyone can blame JC for that loss. The reason that he and Brady are tossed around a lot lately is because the JC haters are using his late INT against him. The point is that Brady did it last week also, and nobody disputes that Brady is an all time great. INTs happen. They are a part of the game. Sometimes they happen at inopportune times. Either way, he played a great game with one mistake. Maybe if the defense wouldn't give up so many bombs, or we had a run game, or we had more than one WR that defenses had to worry about, or we had a consistently good o-line...there are so many factors going against JC every week and he keeps going out there and playing his ass off only to have people like you sit there and nitpick his every move.

again, who is sying he didnt have a good game? we are talking about his INT and candle not being a conduct a late game winning drive.

yeah, INTs happen but we are talking during late in the game with a chance to conduct a winning drive. you are all over the place and not replying accordingly to the topic of this thread.

why did you not quote all of my post. here i'll post it again.

"If candle has a history of final winning game drives in his resume, then his epic fail when the game was on the line against the saints is fine cause not every QB conducts a winning drive at the end of the game every chance they get.problem with candle is that he has never had one while having many opportunities."

I forgot to add that I was very serious when I said go watch Brady's pick at the end of the Miami game.

The JC haters would be out in full force if he did anything remotely like that.

edit: Go to 4:10 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_JJWopuRX4

I saw it. It was a horrible pass and uncharacteristic of him. Cost them the game. And yes of course we would be all over Campbell if he did that. And If Campbell had previously won 3 Super Bowls or thrown 50 TDs in a season it wouldn't be a big deal.

I saw it. It was a horrible pass and uncharacteristic of him. Cost them the game. And yes of course we would be all over Campbell if he did that. And If Campbell had previously won 3 Super Bowls or thrown 50 TDs in a season it wouldn't be a big deal.

I don't see why we can't look at Campbell's progress now, especially for the Saints game. He's playing well. It's like some people are allergic to Campbell performing like a first-round quarterback.

The poster was comparing the interceptions they threw not the players themselves which is what YOU are doing to avoid addressing his point about the int that Brady threw.

Oh, btw Brady threw an int earlier in the game when the Pats were in the RZ.

whether the poster is comparing an INT or a great throw or what have you, when you are comparing it with Brady, it basically is saying that they are on the same level and that they both make mistakes. not hard to comprehend. but of course the comparison is absurd to begin with. that is the point. if you make a comparison with a QB that is on the same level as Candle , then it is appropriate. not sure why this doesnt compute to some of you.

All the JC haters forget one thing: HE LED A GAME WINNING DRIVE AGAINST THE SAINTS! Suisham missed an XP to win the game. JC drove the team down the field and put the team in position to kick a FG to win the game with the opposing team having zero TOs left. 10 pt lead with 1:40ish left on clock with no TOs. I love how JC gets no credit when he leads GW/GT drives because it "was the running game" responsible for them last year, yet he takes the blame when a kicker getting paid $1.1M misses a 23 yd FG. It really is pathetic.

He also led a GW drive to beat te Saints last year, and it involved a deep pass to Moss.

whether the poster is comparing an INT or a great throw or what have you, when you are comparing it with Brady, it basically is saying that they are on the same level and that they both make mistakes.

not hard to comprehend. but of course the comparison is absurd to begin with. that is the point. if you make a comparison with a QB that is on the same level as Candle , then it is appropriate. not sure why this doesnt compute to some of you.

You're right, it's really not that hard to understand that every quarterback makes mistakes. Well, at least I thought so until I read this post.

Your use of "Candle" in lieu of Campbell makes you look immature and idiotic.

im going to assume this is sarcasm.

Clearly?

All the JC haters forget one thing: HE LED A GAME WINNING DRIVE AGAINST THE SAINTS! Suisham missed an XP to win the game. JC drove the team down the field and put the team in position to kick a FG to win the game with the opposing team having zero TOs left. 10 pt lead with 1:40ish left on clock with no TOs. I love how JC gets no credit when he leads GW/GT drives because it "was the running game" responsible for them last year, yet he takes the blame when a kicker getting paid $1.1M misses a 23 yd FG. It really is pathetic.

He also led a GW drive to beat te Saints last year, and it involved a deep pass to Moss.

Irrelevant. It doesn't support the illogical argument.

How right you are which is likely to happen first 50TD's in a season or 3 Super Bowls.

You're right, it's really not that hard to understand that every quarterback makes mistakes. Well, at least I thought so until I read this post.

Your use of "Candle" in lieu of Campbell makes you look immature and idiotic.

u dont get it buddy. like u said, every QB makes INT but that doesnt mean they are on the same level. why you are having issues comprehending this is news to me. llike every RB fumbles but it doesnt mean they are all on the same level. same with WR.... you shouldnt be losing calories trying to comprehend this.

u dont get it buddy. like u said, every QB makes INT but that doesnt mean they are on the same level. why you are having issues comprehending this is news to me. llike every RB fumbles but it doesnt mean they are all on the same level. same with WR.... you shouldnt be losing calories trying to comprehend this.

Who said that they are on the same level? And why can't you compare quarterbacks? By saying that they're not on the same level, you are comparing them?

Campbell had an amazing game.

Get over it.

Who said that they are on the same level? And why can't you compare quarterbacks? By saying that they're not on the same level, you are comparing them?

Campbell had an amazing game.

Get over it.

the other poster that compared brady 's INT to candle's. he didnt say it word by word that they are on the same level but if anyone uses the god given ability to be logical, it translates to candle just as good as brady whom also happens to make INTs.

if campbell's game was amazing, what was stafford and quinn's game this yr when they went up against each other. one being a rookie and the other in his 2nd yr without a full season under his belt?

you are usng the word amazing too loosely. candle had a good game and looked solid on many aspect. amazing? oh brother!

the other poster that compared brady 's INT to candle's. he didnt say it word by word that they are on the same level but if anyone uses the god given ability to be logical, it translates to candle just as good as brady whom also happens to make INTs.

if campbell's game was amazing, what was stafford and quinn's game this yr when they went up against each other. one being a rookie and the other in his 2nd yr without a full season under his belt?

you are usng the word amazing too loosely. candle had a good game and looked solid on many aspect. amazing? oh brother!

Your illogical inferences are not universal.

When you throw for 70+%, 350+ yards, three touchdowns, and only one interception, it's an amazing game.

Your use of "Candle" instead of Campbell makes you look idiotic and childish.

I forgot to add that I was very serious when I said go watch Brady's pick at the end of the Miami game.

The JC haters would be out in full force if he did anything remotely like that.

edit: Go to 4:10 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_JJWopuRX4

The difference, Brady has three Lombardis and Campbell has NONE.

Brady throwing a pickle to end the game is the exception, not the rule. For Campbell, it happens all the time.

You realize there is a difference between these two players and why the fans would stick up for one guy and not the other, right?

:thumbsup:

Your illogical inferences are not universal.

When you throw for 70+%, 350+ yards, three touchdowns, and only one interception, it's an amazing game.

Your use of "Candle" instead of Campbell makes you look idiotic and childish.

ok so i'll try this again since you seem to have issues following my posts. If Jason candle's game was amazing, what are quinn and stafford's game when they went head to head this yr with stafford conducting a winning drive with a winning TD throw literally with one arm and no time left on the clock? Let me guess since you like to use terms loosely..... Godly? do you evenknow what im talking about? do you watch other games than the redskins? or even follow other games?

ok so i'll try this again since you seem to have issues following my posts. If Jason candle's game was amazing, what are quinn and stafford's game when they went head to head this yr with stafford conducting a winning drive with a winning TD throw literally with one arm and no time left on the clock? Let me guess since you like to use terms loosely..... Godly?

You continue to ignore the facts. Did you know that more than one quarterback can have a great game?

Apparently not.

Your use of "Candle" in lieu of Campbell makes you look childish and idiotic.

Also lets look at Jason's starting record. Just because he has finally played a couple good games doesn't mean squat other then he is playing for $ in the future. He will regress like he always has just look at 2008 for instance.

Not following your logic.

Campbell has only improved this season, so that regression is actually progression this year.

And if he were just playing for money, then wouldn't he have done better all season instead of just the past few weeks?

Not following your logic.

Campbell has only improved this season, so that regression is actually progression this year.

And if he were just playing for money, then wouldn't he have done better all season instead of just the past few weeks?

Improved the team to a 3-9 record? Thanks but no thanks.

You continue to ignore the facts. Did you know that more than one quarterback can have a great game?

Apparently not.

Your use of "Candle" in lieu of Campbell makes you look childish and idiotic.

not sure how you came to that conclusion when im soley talking about your use of certain terms (amazing) loosely. this is what im talking about when i say u take people's comments and twist it around.

i edited on my previous post but u replied already so i'll ask again. do you even know what im talking about when im talking about quinn and stafford's game this yr? do you watch other games than the redskins or follow it?

Archived