Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike Mayock on Jason Campbell

mhd24

ok, going back over it I don't think JC hitting the receiver at the top of the screen would have been a good idea because the CB was there in man, and there was a safety right over top watching for that too.

The slot receiver was an option, though he would have been tackled immediately likely. Maybe the extra blitzer was too close and Campbell felt he would have batted that down, not sure. otherwise the slot seems like the best decision there.

Davis throw was a little late, not by much, but just enough for Vilma to get it. Still props to Vilma, he made a great read and a hell of a jump on that ball. Don't see many LBers doing that. I think Davis decision was still good, but the ball was a bit late. And I still don't think that throw proves Campbell is not clutch. There are better examples for that case.

he could have run too and not for the 1st time this year that JC has not run either, he would have made the 1st down on his own legs

with the ankle he just hurt again? remember, he was limping around in circles shortly before that to get his ankle stretched out so he could keep playing. I've seen people say winners want the ball when the game is on the line, and that showed me JC did want the ball.

Coulda, shoulda, woulda, didn't. He made great decisions up to that, and even up to that I think it was the right decision. Good coverage. People making a big deal about this INT is a bit rediculous. Other QBs have thrown INTs in situations like this. He tried to make something happen.

Jason has to be by far the leader in last possession turn overs, either by INT or strip sack fumbles. Happens WAY to much. If we have 2 TO left, take a sack. Throws ball late and picked off, Vilma almost took it in, GAME OVER, forget OT.

He just doesnt have "IT"

every bit of that is complete and utter bull ****.

anyone who actually believes that, should think twice before questioning anyone else's intelligence

How is that complete and utter bull****? His TD/INT ratio is far from impressive. The frequency by which he fumbles when hit isn't impressive. I bet if you take a look back at all his passes not just this year, but for his entire NFL career, you'd at least see 50-60% of them that were thrown too low/high/behind/in front of/etc, rather than in between the numbers in stride.

Like other's have been saying, campbell can be a 200 yard, 1 TD 1 INT kind of QB, just don't expect him to lead your team on a game winning drive, or rise up when something big is on the line. He folds like a lawn chair when it matters the most.

Were people not saying "we need a QB who doesn't play scarred, who trys to make something happen, and if that meens more INTs then so be it..."

You guys sometimes you crack me up ... :silly:

Who was saying that, BLC?

:hysterical:

I just want a QB that gives me that feeling of hope that when the game is on the line he will find a way to win it more times than not.

I get that feeling when I watch guys like brady, peyton, favre, brees and phillip rivers.

When the games is on the line Campbell throws it to the other team, fumbles it, or just can't move the ball anymore. When the skins get the ball with two minutes left on the clock I cringe in anticipation for the colossal mistake that is forthcoming. Int's are fine but CONSISTENT TURNOVERS when the game is on the line is not good.

When Jason Campbell gets the ball with two minutes left on the clock, the other teams fans breathe a sigh of relief.

Well the throw is late, he throws it after Davis makes his cut.

which is again key determinant on whos a good QB and a bad QB. with that said, jason candle played well against the saints , making quick throws often , throwing to receivers backs, throwing on stride which he could never do even if his life depended on it. he has good games like he had against the Saints every 20 games or so.

so to his INT. that throw, decision making, the lateness of the throw while having protection with nobody around him shows what he is a true game manager when the game is on the line. no matter of what you have done in the entire game, when the game is on the line and if you cant come through, what you have done becomes distant memory.

If candle has a history of final winning game drives in his resume, then his epic fail when the game was on the line against the saints is fine cause not every QB conducts a winning drive at the end of the game. problem with candle is that he has never had one while having many opportunities.

but we still want to rave about hsi game against the saints less his INT at the end? no one is saying he had a bad game. he had a good game but the consistency is not there. he has a good game like he did against the saints around every 20 games. lack of consistency is an understatement.

if candle can perform like he did against the saints for the next 4 games showing consistency, i would highly ponder brining him back next yr. once we establish his consistecny, i beleive that conducting a winning drive will come as he gets more confident . but going by his history, a chnace of him having a good game like he did against the saints is unlikely.

which is again key determinant on whos a good QB and a bad QB. with that said, jason candle played well against the saints , making quick throws often , throwing to receivers backs, throwing on stride which he could never do even if his life depended on it. he has good games like he had against the Saints every 20 games or so.

so to his INT. that throw, decision making, the lateness of the throw while having protection with nobody around him shows what he is a true game manager when the game is on the line. no matter of what you have done in the entire game, when the game is on the line and if you cant come through, what you have done becomes distant memory.

If candle has a history of final winning game drives in his resume, then his epic fail when the game was on the line against the saints is fine cause not every QB conducts a winning drive at the end of the game. problem with candle is that he has never had one with many opportunity.

but we still want to rave about hsi game against the saints less his INT at the end? no one is saying he had a bad game. he had a good game but the consistency is not there. he has a good game like he did against the saints around every 20 games. lack of consistency is an understatement.

if candle can perform like he did against the saints for the next 4 games showing consistency, i would highly ponder brining him back next yr. once we establish his consistecny, i beleive that conducting a winning drive will come as he gets more confident . but going by his history, a chnace of him having a good game like he did against the saints is unlikely.

Great post!

Of course, the use of "Candle", well, you know the deal by now.

Good breakdowns in there, thank you for sharing.

That INT was actually the right decision in that situation, IMO.

Time is running out, I believe we had no timeouts left, there was one guy open but in middle of field and short. Davis cut for sideline and Vilma read it and timed it perfectly.

I didn't see a "lack of clutch" in that situation, what I saw was a good decision with a bad result. I'd be interested to see what others think should have been done in that situation instead though.

he said the INT was actually the right decision in that situation ...

Oh man, ive heard it all now. is this guy serious? no wonder he hearts jason candle. he thinks just like him. what person with football knowledge would say that. just wow. the lack of football knowledge this guy brings to the table. LOL

a 5th yr seasoned veteran would read the defense easily and just throw it away by READING the DEFENSE which again is one of the many things Jason candle cant do. that is the only right decision because one, candle was never pressured and two, candle threw the ball late and the defender was right there. how he didnt not see him is mind boggling to say the least. he is like a robot. he gets a play and just do exactly what he is told while other QBs in that situation wouldve taken his time, assess the defender and either throw it away or turna nd look at his 2nd or 3 rd option.

He said INT was the RIGHT decision!!!!!!! Seriously people, you just cant make these stuff up!!!! dumbest statement of the yr. no, ill take that back. dumbest post ever. HAHAHAHAHAH. i cant stop laughing.

Were people not saying "we need a QB who doesn't play scarred, who trys to make something happen, and if that meens more INTs then so be it..."

You guys sometimes you crack me up ... :silly:

at that situation, while conducting a winning drive, it might seem like he wasnt playing scared but that particular play wasnt what you called not playing scared. nor was it being agressive or taking chnaces. it was a conventional quick wide out to the receiver. lets seriously assess the situation before instead of just typing garbage that makes no sense. there was no sign of candle not playing scared or being agressive in that play. only thing that was scary was that he threw an INT with nobody around him, while having time and wasnt able to read the defense. if he did, he just throws it away, stopping the time and having another go at it.

Coulda, shoulda, woulda, didn't. He made great decisions up to that, and even up to that I think it was the right decision. Good coverage. People making a big deal about this INT is a bit rediculous. Other QBs have thrown INTs in situations like this. He tried to make something happen.

Yup.

In case folks didn't see Tom Brady at the end of the Miami game...Campbell's pick has nothing on that one...

he said the INT was actually the right decision in that situation ...

Oh man, ive heard it all now. is this guy serious? no wonder he hearts jason candle. he thinks just like him. what person with football knowledge would say that. just wow. the lack of football knowledge this guy brings to the table. LOL

a 5th yr seasoned veteran would read the defense easily and just throw it away by READING the DEFENSE which again is one of the many things Jason candle cant do. that is the only right decision because one, candle was never pressured and two, candle threw the ball late and the defender was right there. how he didnt not see him is mind boggling to say the least. he is like a robot. he gets a play and just do exactly what he is told while other QBs in that situation wouldve taken his time, assess the defender and either throw it away or turna nd look at his 2nd or 3 rd option.

He said INT was the RIGHT decision!!!!!!! Seriously people, you just cant make these stuff up!!!! dumbest statement of the yr. no, ill take that back. dumbest post ever. HAHAHAHAHAH. i cant stop laughing.

Wow man, you need to calm down. He said that the throw was the best decision, and the linebacker made a great play. That was also not his first read, so he did what you said that he should do and yet still berate him for it.

Oh, and your use of the name "Candle" in lieu of "Campbell" makes you look immature and idiotic. Don't forget! :)

Yup.

In case folks didn't see Tom Brady at the end of the Miami game...Campbell's pick has nothing on that one...

here is my quote from my previous post,

"If candle has a history of final winning game drives in his resume, then his epic fail when the game was on the line against the saints is fine cause not every QB conducts a winning drive at the end of the game. problem with candle is that he has never had one while having many opportunities."

that is the difference between candle and brady. nitpicking is always part of the game whether you are pro or anti candle but seriously bro, do you actually sit there, think and analyze before you post?

and what is it with this trend of putting canlde in the same sentence with brady? this seriously needs to stop. i almost feel sorry for jason candle for this absurd comparison.

here is my quote from my previous post,

"If candle has a history of final winning game drives in his resume, then his epic fail when the game was on the line against the saints is fine cause not every QB conducts a winning drive at the end of the game. problem with candle is that he has never had one while having many opportunities."

that is the difference between candle and brady. nitpicking is always part of the game whether you are pro or anti candle but seriously bro, do you actually sit there, think and analyze before you post?

and what is it with this trend of putting canlde in the same sentence with brady? this seriously needs to stop. i almost feel sorry for jason candle for this absurd comparison.

He's had seven game-winning drives. I'm not a Campbell supporter, but people need to give credit where credit is due.

And your use of the name "Candle" instead of Campbell makes you look immature and idiotic.

He's had seven game-winning drives. I'm not a Campbell supporter, but people need to give credit where credit is due.

And your use of the name "Candle" instead of Campbell makes you look immature and idiotic.

not only does this guy manipulate stats but uses useless ones too. correct me if im wrong but seven game winning/tie drive. wasnt this not dissected in another thread? that stat during cowboys game doesnt mean candle had last winning game drive or conducting a winning drive under 2 mins to play. and which one of those 7 was a winning drive. listen, candle conducts a drive that leads to a TD and gives the lead. then neither team scores rest of the game. that is considered winning drive which is included in that useless stat. we are talking about game winning drives late in the game under 2 mins. but u dont need to resort to some useless stat. if you are a redskins fan , im pretty sure uve seen all the redskins games. and if you have, you would know exactly when candle has conducted a late winning drive. it would stick out. you just dont forget stuff like that. just like when brunell won for us against the cowboys with that pass to MOss in dallas. you just dont forget stuff like that. i cant recall ont winning drive late in the game from this guy. you wanna call last yrs win against saints a winning drive. sure go ahead. that's one. what else in how many starts and opportunities?

like one poster said in this thread

"Jason has to be by far the leader in last possession turn overs, either by INT or strip sack fumbles. Happens WAY to much. If we have 2 TO left, take a sack. Throws ball late and picked off, Vilma almost took it in, GAME OVER, forget OT.

He just doesnt have "IT""

this is alll i recall from jason candle in pressure clutch moments late inthe game. INT against the bucs several yrs back, INT against the cowgirls several yrs back. INT against the cowgirls this yr, INT agains the saints this yr..... etc. i didnt have to look up any stats on the internet to come up with this. i watched all redskins game hence, i recall all this.

but people need to give credit where credit is due.

and you dont read apparently. or maybe u did but u have short term memory. my first post in this thread was giving candle credit for having a good game. again u dont make these stuff up folks. i clearly gave candle credit where credit is ude but this guy is accusing me of otherwise.

i think yuo have made a habit of bashing and slandering other suppoesly "candle haters" that when we do credit him, it just goes in one ear and out the other. u should take you won advice and try criticizing candle because lets face it, he has more room for criticism than being praised. just look at his performance for the past 5 yrs. that is all u have to do buddy.

this is alll i recall from jason candle in pressure clutch moments late inthe game. INT against the bucs several yrs back, INT against the cowgirls several yrs back. INT against the cowgirls this yr, INT agains the saints this yr..... etc. i didnt have to look up any stats on the internet to come up with this. i watched all redskins game hence, i recall all this.

Okay, "bro."

This is the way I look at it. No matter what your name is, if you throw for 367 yards, 72% completion, 3 TDs and 1 INT, you had a hell of a game. I don't care how the game went, there is no way anyone can blame JC for that loss. The reason that he and Brady are tossed around a lot lately is because the JC haters are using his late INT against him. The point is that Brady did it last week also, and nobody disputes that Brady is an all time great. INTs happen. They are a part of the game. Sometimes they happen at inopportune times. Either way, he played a great game with one mistake. Maybe if the defense wouldn't give up so many bombs, or we had a run game, or we had more than one WR that defenses had to worry about, or we had a consistently good o-line...there are so many factors going against JC every week and he keeps going out there and playing his ass off only to have people like you sit there and nitpick his every move.

Archived