Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike Mayock on Jason Campbell

mhd24

Good breakdowns in there, thank you for sharing.

That INT was actually the right decision in that situation, IMO.

Time is running out, I believe we had no timeouts left, there was one guy open but in middle of field and short. Davis cut for sideline and Vilma read it and timed it perfectly.

I didn't see a "lack of clutch" in that situation, what I saw was a good decision with a bad result. I'd be interested to see what others think should have been done in that situation instead though.

I didn't see a "lack of clutch" in that situation, what I saw was a good decision with a bad result. I'd be interested to see what others think should have been done in that situation instead though.
Well the throw is late, he throws it after Davis makes his cut.

Good breakdowns in there, thank you for sharing.

That INT was actually the right decision in that situation, IMO.

Time is running out, I believe we had no timeouts left, there was one guy open but in middle of field and short. Davis cut for sideline and Vilma read it and timed it perfectly.

We had two timeouts left.

Throw to the open guy on the left. This is the type of throw people are talking about in terms of "back shoulder throws" that they see every other quarterback doing except Jason Campbell.

He could have thrown it away had he read the defense. Keep possession and live to fight another down.

:whoknows:

Coulda, shoulda, woulda, didn't. He made great decisions up to that, and even up to that I think it was the right decision. Good coverage. People making a big deal about this INT is a bit rediculous. Other QBs have thrown INTs in situations like this. He tried to make something happen.

He could have thrown it away had he read the defense. Keep possession and live to fight another down.

Were people not saying "we need a QB who doesn't play scarred, who trys to make something happen, and if that meens more INTs then so be it..."

You guys sometimes you crack me up ... :silly:

Coulda, shoulda, woulda, didn't. He made great decisions up to that, and even up to that I think it was the right decision. Good coverage. People making a big deal about this INT is a bit rediculous. Other QBs have thrown INTs in situations like this. He tried to make something happen.

Receiver on the left was open for a back shoulder throw and YAC. Slot receiver was open but probably would have been tackled immediately. Receiver on the right was in a one-on-one matchup deep. Fred Davis was the worst decision on that play.

Were people not saying "we need a QB who doesn't play scarred, who trys to make something happen, and if that meens more INTs then so be it..."

You guys sometimes you crack me up ... :silly:

You consider making an 8-yard throw to a tight end trying to make something happen? You crack me up.

Bang, not Bingo! JC will show you a couple of decent plays and a ton of bad ones. The thing is when a WR is wide open and the CB isn't pinned to his man he makes the throw. You make the key point in that he doesn't know how to read a DF. He never has and he never will. He's a QB that has all the physical attributes you want to see but the smarts of a rock. JMO.

Receiver on the left was open for a back shoulder throw and YAC. Slot receiver was open but probably would have been tackled immediately. Receiver on the right was in a one-on-one matchup deep. Fred Davis was the worst decision on that play.

Yes, but JC could still have made the play work. The throw, to me, was worse than the decision. He should have put a lot more arc on the ball to get it over the defender.

Actually, from what you're saying, he was the 2nd best. He tried to make something happen. Again, reitterating what the poster said above, he's actually stretching the field, doesn't seem to be playing scared, and making some very good throws / decisions. It was 1 INT the entire game.

Goodness - so I assume you'd have him gone because he threw that ball?

Actually, from what you're saying, he was the 2nd best. He tried to make something happen. Again, reitterating what the poster said above, he's actually stretching the field, doesn't seem to be playing scared, and making some very good throws / decisions. It was 1 INT the entire game.

Goodness - so I assume you'd have him gone because he threw that ball?

How was Fred Davis the second best when he had the least separation, and was the second lowest percentage throw? How is throwing an 8-yard pass stretching the field? And do you really think I'd want him gone based on that play? Or do you think it might have to do with his entire body of work?

Yeah great decisions up to that point. Just like Suisham was making great kicks up to his point. I want closers. Not that I am for replacing JC, but I want him to play 60 minutes of football.

I think he should have read Vilma, he was right there before JC released the pass.

He looks to his left and I don't know why he didn't hit the under guy. He was open, the LB even knew it as he started running back to cover him.

Don't know why Billick said he knew he was dead on the Slot reciever, he was more open than the throw he made.

Ok - I'm going to concede on that Davis throw. I just went back and watched the highlights and I didn't remember it being quite that close. As to what else is out there, the camera is not on the field and you can only see the slot receiver who most likely has someone right over top of him. You see the one on one take off, but it's past the cameras field of vision. I wouldn't call it so much a bad decision as a bad throw on that one.

How was Fred Davis the second best when he had the least separation, and was the second lowest percentage throw? How is throwing an 8-yard pass stretching the field? And do you really think I'd want him gone based on that play? Or do you think it might have to do with his entire body of work?

OH, you mean the 365 and 3 td's?? You can't blame JC for a missed Field Goal and Fred Smoot playing 30 yards off the receiver and still getting beat every time.. The INT was bad but not as bad as a missed 20 yard field goal..

OH, you mean the 365 and 3 td's?? You can't blame JC for a missed Field Goal and Fred Smoot playing 30 yards off the receiver and still getting beat every time.. The INT was bad but not as bad as a missed 20 yard field goal..

I'm not talking about one game. Sorry.

Then there are other threads for that stuff. If you look at the OP, it is about one game, and one play in specific in that one game.

Then you shouldn't have accused me of wanting him gone because of one play. Discuss the play, not whether I want him gone or not.

how did Payton get the timeout

The ball was snapped before the whistle blew for the timeout.

I missed that before.... total hose job

That's one of the two things that are never discussed for this game.

The other is how we didn't come up for the fumble return on the punt return. We came up with the ball, handed it to the ref, and it goes the other way? There wasn't even a discussion.

Bang, not Bingo! JC will show you a couple of decent plays and a ton of bad ones. The thing is when a WR is wide open and the CB isn't pinned to his man he makes the throw. You make the key point in that he doesn't know how to read a DF. He never has and he never will. He's a QB that has all the physical attributes you want to see but the smarts of a rock. JMO.

JC is a dumbbell. He is a 40-60 QB. He makes 40% good plays, and 60% poor decisions/bad throws, etc.:chair:

The other is how we didn't come up for the fumble return on the punt return. We came up with the ball, handed it to the ref, and it goes the other way? There wasn't even a discussion.

it was a tie, when the whistle blew

ties go to the offense (receiving team)... the Skins player pulled it away after the whistle

Archived