Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fake FG for TD

DixieFlatline

Yeah, I can't believe the Broncos were surprised, esp. when we did the formation shift... perhaps it worked because of the time out.

I also wanted to add, Hunter's passes look like punts. That was one lollipop of an arc. Good thing there was no one within a dozen yards of Mike when he threw it.

I was thinking we should put Hunter in as QB cause he seems to throw a better deep ball then campbell.

Are you kidding? That deep ball sucked. It took like 3 minutes to get there.

Seriously, after the ball left his hands, I was able to run to the fridge and get a beer, drink it, eat my cheeseburger, and do my taxes before Sellers caught it.

I wasn't really paying attention during the first FG attempt until the timeout was called, which is why I'm not a coach. So it caught me by total surprise when Smith took the ball and threw it all the way to Sellers for a TD.

Man that was a great play. One of the best plays I've seen in an otherwise disappointing season this year

Also, one of the Broncos players (can't remember who) said that after the time out, the Broncos players thought they heard our coaches yelling out "Let's just punt here!", so when the shifting took place, they might have thought it really was going to be a punt lol...

That's hilarious if a coach actually shouted that to throw them off the scent.

It's kind of funny how people are so accepting of this play...

If it goes incomplete or worse yet, gets picked, everyone would be screaming at how incompetent EVERYONE on the coaching staff is...the fact is...it worked...

Just like Belichick's 4th down call last night...if it worked he gets another key to the city...but as it stands, he'll probably be buying his own beer at the local bar this week.

Here's a news flash...we got LUCKY on that play.

This isn't to diminish that we put together our first complete game...I'm stoked about it...but hey, on this play...WE GOT LUCKY!!!!

It's kind of funny how people are so accepting of this play...

If it goes incomplete or worse yet, gets picked, everyone would be screaming at how incompetent EVERYONE on the coaching staff is...the fact is...it worked...

Just like Belichick's 4th down call last night...if it worked he gets another key to the city...but as it stands, he'll probably be buying his own beer at the local bar this week.

Here's a news flash...we got LUCKY on that play.

This isn't to diminish that we put together our first complete game...I'm stoked about it...but hey, on this play...WE GOT LUCKY!!!!

Ummm, that's how football works. You make some risky calls and if they work you're a genius. It's not like the hand of god put that ball in Sellers' hands though. Proper execution made that play work.

And all the people saying Smith throws a better deep ball than Campbell are just retarded. I could have completed that throw to a wide open Sellers standing still.

The play design was brilliant. Suisham and Yoder both split out to the left side as Smith set up as the QB/Punter. Yoder then went in motion to the right side as Smith took the snap. Sellers was sort of a TE on the line, but in the formation he basically looked like another lineman. Sellers pulled around in the backfield from the right side of the formation to the left as if he were a lineman pulling on a run block, and then he tore up field, as Smith got good protection and set up on the opposite side. Denver was so confused by this that Sellers was about as open as Brandon Marshall, and Smith was able to get the easy pass there in time.

Even if Denver knew a fake was a possibility, it was a very hard play to stop because no one expected Sellers to pull around like that and no one was looking for a deep left pass with a PUNTER rolling to the opposite side of the field.

After careful consideration, I have decided to expand my trick play conspiracy.

Earlier I said I pondered the possibility of whether the 10 men on the field and the subsequent timeout were part of the trick.

I know this is all ridiculous...but it makes you wonder.

Or...it makes me wonder. :/

Those black helicopters over the field at the time were a dead giveaway :hysterical:

I can't believe that someone actually had the audacity to draw that play up. It seemed like its success was based entirely on the Broncos have no idea what to do...and they didn't.

Amazing play' date=' but...wow.....[/quote']

The Broncos special teams coach should get fired right now for allowing that play to work after we showed them a the motion and had to call a timeout then ran the exact same motion after the timeout. They had to think we might run something tricky and at least be ready to react.

Archived