Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Orakpo's locker room outburst, "I'm tired of of this [stuff]!"

The Full Monty

I feel bad for Orakpo. He has probably never experienced a losing season in his life. I just hope his passion for the game doesn't go away. I can also see our team leader Portis sitting him down teaching him how to not practice and how to undermine your coaches and to put ME first. Please Orakpo don't give in.
Its funny, I can see London Fletcher sitting him down and mentoring him on how to work your butt off and not be like Janky Spanky.

in three years or less, he will universally be the best de in the league. I'm sorry that he's having his time wasted this year on such a **** team.

I love his heart and his play. like i've said since preseason: Best thing to happen to the redskins since sean taylor.

+1

Did ya know that Orakpo already has 5,5 sacks.....with 5,5 he is close to the top 10 in sacks and even with Jason Taylor(****** Miami, criminals) and he has more then ->Umenyiora (5), Ware (5), Tuck (3,5), Mario Williams (4), Merriman (4).

I must be honest I didn't expect him to be that good as a OLB/Rush DE.....he looks better every game he plays(LaRon looks worser every game :P) and you got to love his hunger to winn games.

I always wonder what the mental transition is like from guys that come from elite college teams to the NFL? Did Orakpo lose six games in his career at Texas?

I honestly think that is one of the factors that made Spurrier just give up. He realized that in your best year, you lose 4 or 5 games in the NFL and there is never a patsy on the schedule to hang 50 on just because you can.

I'm sure he worked hard at Texas, but I have to think that the preparation for Oklahoma is not the same as the preparation for Baylor. In the NFL, you never get that break.

I imagine he's pretty exhaused by now thanks to the work combined with the losing.

If Orakpo really means this he needs to go punch Jason Campbell in the face knocking him out for the season. With Jason were going to continue this losing. 4 wins, 12 losses, the teams not scored over 17 points this year...wake up people.

seriously, do you really think we would win games with Todd Collins?

Collins is only marginally better than JC, starting collins won't make a difference and chances are, Collins wouldn't make it out of the game behind the line we have

campbell sucks at a high level, but to assume that collins is the magical pill for us to start winning games is ridiculous

It's a shame that RAK's so far impressive rookie year has been overshadowed by this horrible season . . . because he is definitely putting together a strong case for Defensive Rookie of the Year. I've always wondered why outbursts like this don't occur more often with the Redskins . . . Because it seems that EVERY halftime we have the similar situation of lethargy and just an overall look of indifference. So why not have more players actually care about wanting to play hard and win? I love the passion he plays with . . . I just hope that he doesn't lose it while playing for this pathetic team.

Speaking of which, I think that this point is closely related to Landry (seeing all the threads about him made me want to chime in). He is an undoubted talent. But I think his overall attitude (which is poor, no doubt) is one where he has reached the point of "F. It. This team isn't going anywhere . . . so why play my ass off and show the world how good I can be?" It's gotta be hard and disheartening to be one of the few genuinely talented guys we have and KNOW that you have no chance of succeeding as a team in Washington.

Collins is only marginally better than JC, starting collins won't make a difference and chances are, Collins wouldn't make it out of the game behind the line we have

campbell sucks at a high level, but to assume that collins is the magical pill for us to start winning games is ridiculous

We're not winning games with either at the helm. So I don't really care who's playing behind center from here on out...just counting down the days until offseason to see if Vinny gets the boot.

I put the odds at about 5% we'll win with Jason Campbell and 20% we can win with Collins. The thing about that assesment is you have no idea what a boost dumping Campbell would have on the fans or the team itself. I think it wouldn't be the "spark" but I do think it would be the "relief" the team and fans need more then ever. You send Jason packing and the team starts thinking we got a chance next year and provides hope. We have no hope now because Jason sucked the life out of the team

It starts with one and I do believe we increase our odds that we get that one win much faster with Collins then Campbell. I never said it makes us a contender

the most promising aspect of this is that it helps to destroy the notion that Rak is just another UT player that was coddled and can't cut it when he is not living in the lap of luxury.

he seems to be a leader, hardworker, and high character guy.

the fact that he has 5.5 sacks is pretrty awesome too, but the bottom line is that many were hesitant about him b/c of how previous UT guys just got to the pros and stopped working. Orakpo is not one of those guys.

as ****ty as yesterday was, there was about a 10 minute period where i just expected matt ryan to get pummeled. the loss and most of hte game sucked, but that was great to see.

why don't we start horton and doughty?

IMHO we should move Doughty back to FS and Landry to SS, like we did in '07 when we made the playoffs. Landry is great in the box and Doughty showed us he can play FS. He might not be great, but he certainly tackles better than Landry.

IMHO we should move Doughty back to FS and Landry to SS, like we did in '07 when we made the playoffs. Landry is great in the box and Doughty showed us he can play FS. He might not be great, but he certainly tackles better than Landry.

while it is slightly (ok - mostly) off topic in this thread, i will say that Doughty has really proven himself this year as a guy who makes no excuses, is a team player, and can make some plays.

was not a huge Doughty fan before the season, but he has won me over in a big way. THAT is the kind of guy, along with Orakpo, that you want as a Redskin.

That's a terrific point. I mean, I can think of a ton of examples, but none as blatant as ARE returning punts.

I think its sends the message that no matter how bad you perform, it's almost impossible to play yourself out of a starting job. Maybe it doesn't have to be as dramatic as a full-game benching, but even just sitting a guy for a series (cough cough, Landry) to get him focused and fired up to play better.

Guys should be accountable for every snap and think, wow, my job's on the line, or if not my job, my playing time.

When when the Vets are chummy with the owner what can you do?

:doh:

Landry played ONE game at strong safety with Doughty at free. ONE game. We lost that one. Doughty is a TERRIBLE free safety.

If you're going to hijack a thread, then at least have your facts straight.

Archived