Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Orakpo's locker room outburst, "I'm tired of of this [stuff]!"

The Full Monty

He should teache Landry and Hall how to tackle. They should be playing flag football and leave the NFL

Rak should teach Landry how to tackle, by repeatedly tackling him! Tackle #30 getting out of his truck, tackle him when he is sleeping in the meetings. Tackle him when he is goofing around in the weight room. Tackle him and tackle him until he starts tackling ball -carriers on Sunday....

The elephant in the room that no one wants to talk about is that his agent is more than likely already working on getting him out of his current contract and onto a winning team.

Is that possible? Id give up on the redskins if it were true.

IMHO we should move Doughty back to FS and Landry to SS, like we did in '07 when we made the playoffs. Landry is great in the box and Doughty showed us he can play FS. He might not be great, but he certainly tackles better than Landry.

That was the combination first used after Taylor died (Doughty at FS). It was disastrous against the Cowboys. That's why they swapped (which worked beautifully).

I would do the following because how much worse could it really get?

1) Bench Landry in favor of Moore at FS.

2) Doughty has earned starting at SS.

3) Line up Orakpo at DE on every down.

4) On passing downs, put Jarmon or Phillips in at the other DT position. In general, start working Jarmon into the lineup more.

5) Sign Marcus Washington to a one year deal and rotate him with Chris Wilson. We need a true SLB.

6) Re-sign Chase Daniels (if he is still available).

7) Put Marko Mitchell back to return punts (or at least see what he can do). Otherwise, use Moss back there. We need to improve our field position more often.

8) Quit playing our cornerbacks backs 7 to 10 yards off the ball.

9) Use Tryon more, he is playing well.

10) Put Cooley and Horton on the IR. Fill these positions with Chase Daniels and a young FA running back like Ian Johnson off Minnesota's practice squad.

Just my 2 cents.

Here's to hoping the guys can pull it together. :chestram:

Rak should teach Landry how to tackle, by repeatedly tackling him! Tackle #30 getting out of his truck, tackle him when he is sleeping in the meetings. Tackle him when he is goofing around in the weight room. Tackle him and tackle him until he starts tackling ball -carriers on Sunday....
Laughs at the "Office Linebacker" imagery.

LINK

I hope he doesn't turn the way of Landry. Landry was on a similar trajectory his rookie year, but suffered from repeated exposure to suck.

What happened to the Landry from the Seattle playoff game? Haven't seen him since.

In some ways you can say Landry hasn't been the same since Jacobs ran him over at the line of scrimmage last year...

Good for Orakpo!!! Maybe he should start holding some of his teammates accountable like a Ray Lewis type player. So what if he's a Rookie and yes maybe some of these over-payed beotches need to have their feelings hurt!!!

Raises a question about who still has fire in the belly and who doesn't. It's not always the most physically gifted that are the best players. In fact, it's not really that common. Let's try to divide up who has the winning attitude and which don't.

DO: Orakpo, Fletcher, Haynesworth, Mitchell, Doughty, Cooley, Yoder, Fred Davis, Moss, Jarmon, Daniels, Horton, Cartright.

DON'T: Landry, Hall, Rogers, Portis, Thomas, Kelly.

ON THE BUBBLE: The entire OL (now that Samuels and THomas are gone), Campbell. ARE

We can build on the first group. Since there are more that do than don't (by my count) there is still some hope.

Raises a question about who still has fire in the belly and who doesn't. It's not always the most physically gifted that are the best players. In fact, it's not really that common. Let's try to divide up who has the winning attitude and which don't.

DO: Orakpo, Fletcher, Haynesworth, Mitchell, Doughty, Cooley, Yoder, Fred Davis, Moss, Jarmon, Daniels, Horton, Cartright.

DON'T: Landry, Hall, Rogers, Portis, Thomas, Kelly.

ON THE BUBBLE: The entire OL (now that Samuels and THomas are gone), Campbell. ARE

We can build on the first group. Since there are more that do than don't (by my count) there is still some hope.

your expecting too much from kelly and thomas they dont get opportunities and when they do campbell cant get them the ball 2nd year wr's come on and rogers is a good CB just cant catch if he had hall's hands he would be top 5 easily

I think that the coaching has a lot to do with why the DBs play off. They are being told to do that. They love playing this bend don't break stuff and meanwhile teams just eat their way down the field. Most QBs can just keep making sight adjustments with their receivers and continue to move the ball down the field.

We will be susceptible like we were this past week to 6 yard hitches and bubble screens. The Broncos love to run that type of offense.

I agree that the execution is bad, but the scheme is flawed when you are telling the DBs to play off that far of the LOS to begin with.

"We prapare, work hard and then this." (read into that one a little);)

Oooh, Oooh...I'll play! Rak is talking about the piss poor coaching and lack of leadership being demonstrated by the coaches...Namely the HC Jim Zorn...

I'm glad to see Rak isn't a loser and wants to win so bad that this **** storm that is the 09' season isnt extinguishing that fire...Rak will be a leader on this defense for a long time to come...

Players like Orakpo are why I won't boo the team. He's busting his a-- and deserves better than fans of the team he's playing for booing them on their home field. I understand that things in mgmt need to change and I think they will after the season, as the results will speak for themselves, but I won't boo players who are going to be here when we turn this thing around.

Archived