Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Orakpo's locker room outburst, "I'm tired of of this [stuff]!"

The Full Monty

That's a terrific point. I mean, I can think of a ton of examples, but none as blatant as ARE returning punts.

I think its sends the message that no matter how bad you perform, it's almost impossible to play yourself out of a starting job. Maybe it doesn't have to be as dramatic as a full-game benching, but even just sitting a guy for a series (cough cough, Landry) to get him focused and fired up to play better.

Guys should be accountable for every snap and think, wow, my job's on the line, or if not my job, my playing time.

Don't get me wrong, I think there are plenty of other guys who should be returning punts aside from ARE, but he cannot block and return putns at the same time. He has a swarm of people on him, literally, when he catches the ball. Hester would get killed with our punt return blocking scheme.

The defense is becoming indifferent, for the most part. You could see it yesterday, with Turner running all over them. Landry is becoming a joke.

now imagine this ...

10 other rookies/1st/2nd year players with that fire ... guys who wanna win, young guys who are hungry and looking to establish themselves and make their mark ...

but noooooooooooooooo.

we have bloated over paid vets on the wrong side of their careers that just want to get home in one piece ...

YOUR 1999-2009 WASHINGTON REDSKINS LADIES AND GENTLEMAN

I can't wait for this off season. I hope we lose every game and have great losses and additions.

1. Trade Portis

2. Trade Campbell

3. Trade Laron Landry

4. Let Collins retire

5. Start Colt Brennan

6. Pick up Jeff Garcia

7. Use 60% of draft for Linemen

8. Use 40% of draft for LB (moving Orakpo & Jarmon to DE), DT, RB, DE, SS, CB (We will receive additional draft picks for tradingPortis, Campbell, and Landry)

I can't wait for this off season. I hope we lose every game and have great losses and additions.

1. Trade Portis

2. Trade Campbell

3. Trade Laron Landry

4. Let Collins retire

5. Start Colt Brennan

6. Pick up Jeff Garcia

8. Use 40% of draft for LB (moving Orakpo & Jarmon to DE), DT, RB, DE, SS, CB (We will receive additional draft picks for tradingPortis, Campbell, and Landry)

I agree with pretty much everything except number 5: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I hope he doesn't turn the way of Landry. Landry was on a similar trajectory his rookie year, but suffered from repeated exposure to suck.

What happened to the Landry from the Seattle playoff game? Haven't seen him since.

Yeah, my hope is that we clean house before Rak is infected with the losing culture here. The biggest challenge of the next GM will be to retain the guys with some fight left while unloading the ones who are past the point of no return.

I agree with pretty much everything except number 5: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Ditto. Well, for #5 I hope Brennan BEASTS OUT in training camp and becomes a surefire starter (the way Orakpo made a case for himself in the preseason). Basically, I just want a qb with some fire, talent, intensity, and strong leadership (like a Drew Brees type qb, or Campbell on steroids)

Tim Tebow anyone?:laugh:

It is not Snyder! Snyder is given advise from Cerrato and coaching staff to make his decisions. All he does it put up the money. We need a GM like Parcells. Old football guy that creates a core then adds pieces around them. I.E. Denver

A lack of accountability starts at the top. It is Snyder, he created this organizational strategy.

There is no discipline, and no consequences to repeated mistakes, both in terms of players and coaches and the FO. We need some order restored. Zorn and Campbell and Landry and ARE and and and... are all symptoms of the *** backwards way this team is run.

As far as Orakpo, obviously you have to love what he is on and off the field. I just hope that this season does not hurt his long term psyche.

Anyone think he would still say "this is the team I wanted" knowing what he knows now??

Plea to Rak: All I can say is keep your head up man. 5.5 sacks as a rookie... You have my attention. Can't wait til a new DC comes in and puts your hand in the ground on every play. Keep working your ass off, and stick with this team. I know you want to win as a Redskin!

1. Trade Portis - No (won't happen)

2. Trade Campbell - No (give him a chance behind a real O-Line)

3. Trade Laron Landry

4. Let Collins retire

5. Start Colt Brennan - No (he got beat out by Chase ****ING Daniels)

6. Pick up Jeff Garcia - No (Todd Collins round 2 - old QB will not help us DEVELOP)

See my notes above... Don't get me wrong, but I don't think trading Laron is our best move either. How about we move him to his right position. I can't stand seeing him lined up 20+ yards from LOS.

1. Trade Portis

2. Trade Campbell

3. Trade Laron Landry

4. Let Collins retire

5. Start Colt Brennan

6. Pick up Jeff Garcia

I agree with some of this, but i htink this is JCs last year. Don't think we can trade him. Colt is NOT an NFL QB, if you want more of the same then by all means start Colt, but he isn't any good as an NFL QB and even IF HE was, he has so many injury problems its insane. Jeff Garcia is good with a good team around him, but by next year he'll just be another year older and we aren't going anywhere with him. Although I still would like to get him but ONLY to mentor whatever young QB I hope we draft, AFTER we fire vinny and hire and real GM. 7 & 8, I couldn't agree more, not only draft STUD O-linemen, but work the FA market for some blue collar guys as well...we need major major o-line help and a lot of it.

I feel bad for Orakpo. He has probably never experienced a losing season in his life. I just hope his passion for the game doesn't go away. I can also see our team leader Portis sitting him down teaching him how to not practice and how to undermine your coaches and to put ME first. Please Orakpo don't give in.

I feel bad for Orakpo. He has probably never experienced a losing season in his life. I just hope his passion for the game doesn't go away. I can also see our team leader Portis sitting him down teaching him how to not practice and how to undermine your coaches and to put ME first. Please Orakpo don't give in.

Well, the worst teams get the highest draft picks, and the highest draft picks usually come from the best college teams.

He's not alone in this.

I just wish that the coaches had a fraction of the balls that Orakpo has.

If I had to guess, I would say that during the Redskins film sessions each week players like Landry and Hall are never called out about the way they are royaly ****ing up. Landry just seems to be a head case with very bad technique and everyone can plainly see that Hall does not give a damn and that he is actually trying not to hit the ground and get dirty when tackling a player.

I hope he doesn't turn the way of Landry. Landry was on a similar trajectory his rookie year, but suffered from repeated exposure to suck.

What happened to the Landry from the Seattle playoff game? Haven't seen him since.

Landry played much better under Gregg Williams. Either Williams knew better than Blache how to get the most out of LaRon, or else LaRon just decided to quit giving a crap on his own.

But coincidence or not, LaRon's been on a steady decline since Gregg left.

Archived