Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Orakpo's locker room outburst, "I'm tired of of this [stuff]!"

The Full Monty

I like Brian Orakpo as well; I think he has a bright future ahead of him. I hope he does find a way to put his foot up on teammates' @$$#$ like what Monte Coleman did back in the Redskins glory days. If there's something the defense needs to work on in the offseason, it's the secondary. They get burned a lot on pass coverage, and their tackling is horrendous.

imagine how much he and the rest of the defense could fire up the teams and city if Blache would only unleash them. As it is, the only time we get off the field is when their QB misses a throw. Our passive defense is a horrible fit for our struggling offense.

Teams that win the turnover battle win 80% of the time. Win 80% of the time when we have time of possession. Someone please tell Blache so Orakpo doesnt blow a fuse.

They couldnt score 17 with a healthy Samuels and Thomas so its not all on the crappy oline. Aaron Rodgers isnt having trouble scoring and his oline has let him get sacked like crazy.

Right, they scored 1 garbage time TD against the Giants and 3 FG's on the Rams, the mother****ing RAMS, before anybody was injured. It doesn't matter who is on OL, our offense, mainly because of Candle, sucks.

Any one think we maybe could have used say Jon Jansen, Marcus Washington, and Pete Kendall at all this year? :doh:

You guys (not you skinscantbestopped lol) were so hot to get rid of Jansen (who was still a good run blocker and seems like maybe he WASNT worse at pass blocking than Heyer or maybe of use at guard) and Kendall for "youth." I think one or two of those young guys might still come up but Kendall and Jansen can play at some level. Marcus---has he signed anywhere? Maybe he got more 'done' in the offseason and would be worthless out there?

You guys (not you skinscantbestopped lol) were so hot to get rid of Jansen (who was still a good run blocker and seems like maybe he WASNT worse at pass blocking than Heyer or maybe of use at guard) and Kendall for "youth." I think one or two of those young guys might still come up but Kendall and Jansen can play at some level. Marcus---has he signed anywhere? Maybe he got more 'done' in the offseason and would be worthless out there?

It's all about value.

I'm not saying our FO made the right moves (I'm not bothering to actually do Vinny's job right now, and look at salaries and projections or anything like that), but at some point, sometimes you do have to cut bait with guys who are going to cost more than they are worth, period - and that includes figuring for what they bring to the table long-term in a vision for the future versus their cost.

So I still think with that perspective, there are strong cases to be made for Jansen and Kendall to be gone.

Its only a matter of time before he and Haynesworth regress to "Redskins Football" level. It happened to Lavar, ST, Portis, and Landry.

In what was considered ST's worse year by many in 2006 when our entire defense played poorly he still came up with 111 tackles and 3 FF. The next season he was leading the league in interceptions before his injury and eventual death. If that is "Redskins Football" I wish some of these other guys would start playing it.

I don't think Portis is regressing because of any sort of attitude as much as wear and tear combined with OL futility. RB's wear quickly and the result is only being compounded by our offensive line's inability to block anyone. Lavar was still a pretty good player when he left just a poor fit for Williams' scheme. Landry on the other hand has no explanation. I have no idea how someone as talented as Laron could play so poorly at this point in his career.

Archived