Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN.com / MSNBC: Shootings, multiple deaths reported at Fort Hood (MET; Merged)

jpillian

As I said before. The reports from an army official are two shooters firing at two different locations. A day when civilians are allowed in for a graduation would be a good time to plan such an attack if you are an outsider.

At a location known to process troops going to and from the ME?

Sounds like some form of terrorism to me.

Any idea why the base announcement system is instructing people to turn off heating and air conditioning systems?

Where did you hear that, D?

I was there on Sept 11, and that place was a mad house of disinformation (as you can expect for an installation that large).

I can only imagine what's going on there now.

Any idea why the base announcement system is instructing people to turn off heating and air conditioning systems?

I thought that was odd. Mentioned it to my boss and he said if it was a terrorist attack--foreign or domestic--toxic gas or poison can't get distributed throughout building if air systems are off.

Of course, keep in mind... TOTAL speculation. Just a thought. Not a fact.

radio station said 45,000 soldier capacity.

open to public on most days. only a drivers ID is necessary.

Yeah man. I used to pull guard duty there on the airfield all the time. They used to give us M-16's with no ammo. I always thought it was really dumb. I think it's the same for the main gates save for the couple of MPs out there. And you definitely need just an ID (military ID, drivers license, whatever) to get on.

This was five years ago though so I'm not sure what has changed since.

Yeah man. I used to pull guard duty there on the airfield all the time. They used to give us M-16's with no ammo. I always thought it was really dumb. I think it's the same for the main gates save for the couple of MPs out there. And you definitely need just an ID (military ID, drivers license, whatever) to get on.

This was five years ago though so I'm not sure what has changed since.

they mentioned the empty clips on the radio as well.

People are speculating on whether or not this was a terrorist attack, but by definition, isn't this terrorism?

It may or may not be a terrorist from the Middle-East, but it sure sounds like terrorism to me, even if it turns out to be a white guy from Oklahoma with a crew cut.

I thought that was odd. Mentioned it to my boss and he said if it was a terrorist attack--foreign or domestic--toxic gas or poison can't get distributed throughout building if air systems are off.

Of course, keep in mind... TOTAL speculation. Just a thought. Not a fact.

Yeah, speculation is all we have. Could be just a precaution.

Just hearing how they conduct training for terrorists attacks there so Shutting down the air systems would probably be SOP.

You might do that if you suspect that someone may have put chemicals or biological agents into the system.

If SWAT had to use CS on the guy that's holed up it could be they don't want the inhabitants of surrounding buildings to take that in.

That's a bit of a more benign explanation.

This sucks. CNN is saying that the shooters were in military uniform.

RIP to those who were killed. Condolences to those who were wounded(estimated 30).

But it doesn't necessarily mean they were military.

Someone could have stole the uniforms and impersonated a soldier.

People are speculating on whether or not this was a terrorist attack, but by definition, isn't this terrorism?

It may or may not be a terrorist from the Middle-East, but it sure sounds like terrorism to me, even if it turns out to be a white guy from Oklahoma with a crew cut.

Whether it is a terrorist act depends on the motives of the shooter(s). We don't even know who the shooter(s) is/are so people should really wait before labeling.

Awesome security; not only that they do it, but that it's common knowledge that they do it. :doh:

It used to be (after Sept 11th) they'd have soldiers at the gates with weapons, but no ammo. However, there was always an MP patrol car at the gate as well, and those guys of course had ammo.

Also, only military personnel with stickers on their cars were allowed at most gates.

Civilians had to go through one specific gate, and their cars were searched.

Who knows what the procedure is these days. My guess is its not as stringent as it was at the beginning of the WOT, and even then this sort of thing could have been carried out by a determined adversary, even on the post's most secure days.

My guess though, is that this was soldier on soldier, and not some sort of external action. I'll leave my speculations at that.

Archived