Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN.com / MSNBC: Shootings, multiple deaths reported at Fort Hood (MET; Merged)

jpillian

There are crazies at all ranks. I keep seeing "convert" associated with this guy, so perhaps there's been some instability that led to his conversion (not in anyway saying that converts to anything are inherently unstable -- just that they're looking for a dramatic change in worldview). Perhaps multiple deployments? Perhaps perceived injustices? Who the heck knows.

But you're right, I wouldn't think it'd be as likely from a mid-level officer.

On the other hand, I knew some Maj's in Iraq that darn well nearly had nervous breakdowns.

I had a friend that called it that "goon factor". Basically any large group regardless of the vetting process would include a certain number of bad people. If it happens amongst priests (of all people) no group is safe.

Not a useful statement unless there is evidence.

To me, terrorism is violent acts, or threats of violence, performed by an organization to achieve political goals. A serial killer isn't a terrorist.

So stating that its too premature to rule out terrorism instead of going out on a limb and saying no this wasn't a terrorist act to make the PC crowd happy is supposedly insensitive??

If this Major who allegedly converted to Islam (and if he is black, African-American for those who prefer hyphens, its going to fuel the fire after several other incidents involving Islamic convertees and assaults against the military this year) did this not because of PTS but because of an Islamic idealogy, yes it will be seen as a terrorist act and I hope justice (Death Penalty) will be swift and not slowed by anti war types and the ACLU.

I'm not sure I understand?

Would membership of a 'Forgive me Jesus' group be viewed the same?

He's Muslim or at least converted, in the AMERICAN military which is fighting his people etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if they used him to get inside and do what happened.

Honestly attacking a Readiness center, correct me if I'm wrong for those who have served. The soldiers wouldn't have been armed in there correct? Giving them a free area for a massacre?

If this Major who allegedly converted to Islam (and if he is black, African-American for those who prefer hyphens, its going to fuel the fire after several other incidents involving Islamic convertees and assaults against the military this year) did this not because of PTS but because of an Islamic idealogy, yes it will be seen as a terrorist act and I hope justice (Death Penalty) will be swift and not slowed by anti war types and the ACLU.

:secret:

He's already dead.

He's Muslim or at least converted, in the AMERICAN military which is fighting his people etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if they used him to get inside and do what happened.

Honestly attacking a Readiness center, correct me if I'm wrong for those who have served. The soldiers wouldn't have been armed in there correct? Giving them a free area for a massacre?

99% of soldiers on any Army post are not armed with live ammunition. The only time they have live ammo are for some sort of weapons qualification at a firing range, occurring semi-annually/annually.

So yes, you're right, no one at the Readiness Center would have a loaded weapon to defend themselves.

Then again, no one pretty much anywhere (except at a firing range, or an MP) has live ammo on a military post.

AND ditto the sentiment: Muslim != enemy of the US, in any shape or capacity

^^^^ This statement is correct, but almost ALL soldiers are unarmed on post.

Jpillian beat me to it....lol

99% of soldiers on any Army post are not armed with live ammunition. The only time they have live ammo are for some sort of weapons qualification at a firing range, occurring semi-annually/annually.

So yes, you're right, no one at the Readiness Center would have a loaded weapon to defend themselves.

Then again, no one pretty much anywhere (except at a firing range, or an MP) has live ammo on a military post.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Archived