Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

TK

What we have been waiting for. Getting a high profile Offensive Lineman. Plus bringing up a true offensive threat.

Instead of just being a contributer to the white noise around here, how about at least naming a few available high profile Offensive Lineman & a true offensive threat to bring up.

Not sure what people were expecting. I fully expected that whoever was signed was likely to be a reserve at TE, and that's what we've got. I certainly didn't expect anyone who'd make much of an impact, and if anyone was thinking that, they were deluded.

i was expecting any lineman off the practice squad. might as well see what some of these guys can do. signing backup fullbacks/TEs doesnt help us evaluate anything for the future.

maybe one of this practice squad guys contributes something? we wont know as long as they remain on the PS.

i was expecting any lineman off the practice squad. might as well see what some of these guys can do. signing backup fullbacks/TEs doesnt help us evaluate anything for the future.

Except maybe evaluating said backup fullback/TE, who was at least drafted. It also frees up a spot on the PS to sign another scrub OL to look at. :whoknows:

maybe one of this practice squad guys contributes something? we wont know as long as they remain on the PS.

We won't know on the regular roster either, unless they start, which they aren't likely to do. Unless they prove in practice that they are better than what we already have on the roster, there isn't any reason to sign them to the regular roster.

Except maybe evaluating said backup fullback/TE, who was at least drafted. It also frees up a spot on the PS to sign another scrub OL to look at. :whoknows:

i guess i would just rather have them evaluate OL in actual games than worry about the development of a backup fullback.

We won't know on the regular roster either, unless they start, which they aren't likely to do. Unless they prove in practice that they are better than what we already have on the roster, there isn't any reason to sign them to the regular roster.

why couldnt they start? bench rabach or montgomry and see what someone else can do. cant hurt at all at this point. pull heyer, see if theres a RT that can do something else. stick levi and dock on the left side and have the other 3 spots evaluated over the course of the year.

i dont think itll happen, but its what id like to see.

whats funny is that on Saturday my gf's brother called her to tell her Eddie was being signed to our 53 man roster. (her brother played at U of Idaho and is a very involved alumni). I looked all over the internet and couldn't find it anywhere. I told him to stop dreaming.

I'm not really surprised, as he played more TE than FB-but its nice to have someone who is versitile. Maybe he is blocking better than Davis? And while it would make sense for more OL, we had 3 TE's before, so its not really a streatch to have 3 now. And Eddie is a great pass catcher.

why couldnt they start? bench rabach or montgomry and see what someone else can do. cant hurt at all at this point. pull heyer, see if theres a RT that can do something else. stick levi and dock on the left side and have the other 3 spots evaluated over the course of the year.

i dont think itll happen, but its what id like to see.

It could hurt Campbell a lot, especially when OL play is dependent on those 5 guys working as one unit. Also, the coaching staff doesn't need to see a player in a game to have a good idea of what they can or cannot do. If they can't do it in practice, they aren't likely to do it in a game.

Sometimes I think what you'd like to see is Campbell get creamed and out for the season.

Is Kendall still out there? I have a hard time believing that he wouldn'tbe an upgrade or depth on the line, even if moved around. Did anyone ever scoop up Runyun?

Who says Kendall would sign with us? Obviously he is happy not playing or he would have signed with someone already.

This is GENIUS!! That Snyderatto are absolute freakin' masterminds! This goes with the new Mildcat offense that I've been reading about. It's only been a theory up to this point, but the thinking is that you put three fullbacks on the line, and the linemen go in the middle, in front of the QB and the RB. Receivers form a semi-circle behind, and around the QB and the RB and the offensive line.

Since our O-line IS so offensive, this enables everyone to not only protect the QB and the RB, but to protect the O-line as well! This of course, is where the old "circle the wagons" play comes in. Just before the snap of the ball, everyone grabs each others forearms, making a chain, the ball is snapped, and the entire unit runs forward (or sideways as needed) as a mob. Utilizing the theory that it's harder to stop 11-men linked together as one than just one runner, it will absolutely confuse the hell out of opposing defenses and .. CHAMPIONSHIP, BABY!

How many Offensive Lineman are now on the practice squad?

Right now, one - William Robinson, an offensive tackle, 6-5 297, out of San Diego State. He spent last season, his first, on the Seattle Seahawks' injured reserve list.

That's according to the roster on the Redskins web site today.

Archived