Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Paranormal Activity (Movie)

Hubbs

i don't understand how people can laugh through this movie? i haven't seen it so i can't comment on it personally. i mean is it actually funny or are people laughing through it to ease tension and act like they aren't scared?

There are some funny parts in the movie but for the most part I think it's the latter. And that ruins it for everyone else. It is impossible to enjoy ANY scary movie if there are a bunch of "tough guys" laughing the whole time :(

"OK, nothings happening, they're going into the woods, nothing's happening, nothing's happening, something about a witch, nothing's happening. Its over. People in the audience look pissed."

-Brian Griffin explaning BWP while acting as a seeing eye dog.

There are some funny parts in the movie but for the most part I think it's the latter. And that ruins it for everyone else. It is impossible to enjoy ANY scary movie if there are a bunch of "tough guys" laughing the whole time :(

I thought most of the movie was funny dialogue-wise. The guy in it was funny and his reactions to the events in the house were the only saving grace for me. This movie is not by any means scary.

I honestly can't remember the last movie that I saw that I considered scary. The only movie that comes to mind for me being somewhat scary was IT (which was made for TV movie i believe?). I think this has to do more with my age at the time I saw it. I'm sorry if things popping out to go boo don't do it for me, or I'm not impressed by just extreme gore. If anything I find these more funny then anything. I can always count on a horror movie to give me some laughs. Something about watching other people get scared is just hilarious to me, especially b/c most movies these day are so bad or over the top to be believable.

I honestly can't remember the last movie that I saw that I considered scary. The only movie that comes to mind for me being somewhat scary was IT (which was made for TV movie i believe?). I think this has to do more with my age at the time I saw it. I'm sorry if things popping out to go boo don't do it for me, or I'm not impressed by just extreme gore. If anything I find these more funny then anything. I can always count on a horror movie to give me some laughs. Something about watching other people get scared is just hilarious to me, especially b/c most movies these day are so bad or over the top to be believable.

I love the horror genre but I agree, 90% of horror movies today are crap. Most are all about extreme gore and over the top corny CGI crap. In fact most older horror movies suck too. But that's why I liked Paranormal Activity so much. No vomit-inducing gore, no CGI monsters, no stupid high schooler cliches. Nothing but 2 people, a house, and a camera.

It was more of a nothing--a void---a loss of time, not unpleasant and certainly not entertaining. It was a step up from waiting in an office for some appointment with magazines you don‘t care abut but it beats looking at the rug.
I'd like to see this on the poster for Paranormal Activity.

Hilarious review though. I haven't seen it myself, but I've heard wildly mixed things. My girlfriend saw it and said it was terrifying, she actually screamed a couple times and she doesn't really scare easily when watching these kinds of movies. Gore and that kind of stuff creeps her out, but not ghosts/demons/etc. I've also had other friends see it and tell me it was just alright, nothing I need to spend the money on to go see in theaters.

And that ruins it for everyone else. It is impossible to enjoy ANY scary movie if there are a bunch of "tough guys" laughing the whole time :(

Or a bunch of little highschool girls holding conversations, giggling and sending text messages and searching the internet on their phone during the movie.

I think if movie theaters are going to charge these outlandish prices, they need to keep ushers in each theatre to regulate people talking and going through their phones. It's getting rediculous.

As far as this movie goes, people need to understand that this is not Friday the 13th or Nightmare on Elm Street. There is not going to be a bunch of blood in guts in this flick. Its about ghost. People in the crowd where getting fed up and bored with the movie, but they shouldve known what they were going to see.

Will gladly watch it at home on the big screen, rather than go to the theaters.

You know what, you bring up a good point. Even though I said that I didnt really care for the movie, after thinking about it, this is going to be a GREAT movie to watch at home where you can actually enjoy it, in dead silence. Even though I thought it was a overrated, I can honestly say that this movie will be 20x scarier watching it at home. You watch this flick at home on the late night on the couch, and I GURANTEE this movie will creep you out. And this is coming from someone who wasnt really impressed with this movie. But again, there were a lot of distractions in the theatre when I saw it. I never really got a chance to let my imagination drift off and become one with the movie. Im coppin when this comes out. I may go and holla at my bootleg man....

Some people just can't be scared... brains are wired different, I guess. For those people, I'm sorry you didn't enjoy Paranormal Activity. It's a very effective and really good scary movie.

I agree with this. I loved the movie. Not many movies that can scare me and this one did.

To the people who didn't like it, I'm curious about something... What are some horror movies that you did like or did think were scary?

The freakiest movie I have seen is The Last House on the Left (newer version). I wouldn't say it's SCARY, per se, but it's just ridiculous. Real life stuff and murder and serial killers creep me out. Ghosts do not. Haven't seen this movie yet, but am not sure I would find it scary. I'll watch it and find out, though.

A movie that always gives me the creeps is The Mothman Prophecies. I don't know what it is about that movie.

After the movie I was very unsatisfied. They literally showed everything in the trailers. Thank god I saw it for free (yay regal crown club!!)

It was creepy, it was kinda jumpy, but it was nowhere near the movie it could have been and should have been.

Just got back. My friends talked me into it. I was 100% correct with my original thought process.

Loud noises in the night, oooooh. Slightly predictable as well.

When she was scared & hugging the BF in the middle of the night, all that scene needed was him saying "it'll be all right" in a demon voice. That would have been scary as **** & tore the house down.

Although I will give credit where it's due. The scene where she got dragged out of the bed was pretty cool.

I just watched it in the dark in the VMI barracks. spooky stuff, especially since this place is one of the most haunted int he country. This movie creeped me out in that I've encountered paranormal **** here at school and can sort of relate to this stuff. I wish we had had a camera running all night in our room last year, probably would have caught some crazy stuff on camera :/

When she was scared & hugging the BF in the middle of the night, all that scene needed was him saying "it'll be all right" in a demon voice. That would have been scary as **** & tore the house down.

Although I will give credit where it's due. The scene where she got dragged out of the bed was pretty cool.

MAJOR COSIGN, that wouldve been crazy if boyfriend had spoke in that demon voice. That wouldve scared the crap out me.

To all of those still wanting to see it, I would advise against seeing it in the theater unless you know the theater will be dead.

I kinda figured this would be the case with this movie, so I went yesterday for an early afternoon matinee. The theater only had 8 people in it, which was perfect. No laughing, texting, or conversations going on. Everyone in the theater was into the movie.

It's not a typical horror film. They don't scare you with blood guts and creepy villans. Its a psychological horror film, and you really need the right environment for the film to achieve its goal.

Honestly I think the best way to see this movie would be in your house, late a night, with maybe one other person. There is a certain safety to the movie theater that will take away from the experience of the film.

I think it was the scariest movie I've seen with the Exorcism of Emily Rose in a close second. It wasn't jump out at you scary. It was more subtle, more thought-out, and just really creepy. There was some pretty freaky stuff in that movie when you think about it. It takes a while for it to sink in.

Archived