Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Paranormal Activity (Movie)

Hubbs

I saw it yesterday, horrible movie. So cheesy, I laughed almost the entire time. The only good thing about was the chick, kinda hot, with big cans. Other then that, waste of time.

I hope you weren't one of the people that saw it in the theater I did who were laughing the whole time. Incredibly distracting for a movie that's supposed to be psychological and ruined several scenes for me.

Pass

This seems like Blair Witch all over again. And Blair Witch was easily one of the worst movies I ever saw.

I like how any movie filmed in the handicam style is "like Blair Witch". This was nothing like Blair Witch. That was just some noises and a lot of dialogue. Paranormal Activity is completely different. One major difference is that they actually show you the paranormal activity.

I hope you weren't one of the people that saw it in the theater I did who were laughing the whole time. Incredibly distracting for a movie that's supposed to be psychological and ruined several scenes for me.

Nah, I live in FL. This movie was a waste of time. Not to spoil anything, but the couple are morons, esp. the guy. The king of douches.

I saw it last week in Georgetown. The movie was pretty good, probably more so b/c of the theatre experience--a few good scares/creep out moments. Be warned it has the Blair Witch/Cloverfield camera style...caused a chick to throw up in the theatre.

I think I'll even get it on DVD b/c there are three alternate endings and one of them in particular is scary to me.

I was there (theater 8) the ***** threw up in my row. :mad:

Overall I enjoyed it, I'll put my thoughts in black below.

SPOILERS

My favorite parts were

When things were happening in the daytime, she said she could feel it breathing on her and suddenly you saw her hair kind of blow from the side, I thought that was great.

When she got dragged out of bed. Totally didn't see that coming and thought it was freaky as hell.

I DIDN't like:

The douchebags talking and laughing through the whole thing (that's a theater thing though)

I thought that the makers of the movie ruined the part where the guys body flies at the camera by showing it in the previews, that would have had a lot more impact if you didn't know it was coming.

The very very last thing where she like sniffs his body then jumps at the camera, that was, I thought, the only really cheap scare and it was a horrible last impression to end on.

Saw it yesterday. One of the best scariest movies Ive seen by far. I definitely recommend it to everyone.

I saw someone say it was like Cloverfield, which to some degree is true, but definitely not as bad as that roller coaster.

The chicks in the theater were screaming like crazy!!! Ive heard some pretty crazy stories the last couple of days about people after watching the movie lol.

But if you can, go see it!

I like how any movie filmed in the handicam style is "like Blair Witch". This was nothing like Blair Witch. That was just some noises and a lot of dialogue. Paranormal Activity is completely different. One major difference is that they actually show you the paranormal activity.

My comparison to the blair witch project actually had nothing to do with how the movie was filmed.

The comparison is just based off the endless hype. OMG call your theater to get it shown. You'll **** your pants! This is the scariest movie ever!!!!!!

Could this movie be? Maybe. That being said, even if it doesn't totally blow like the BWP did, it'll never match the hype. Hence the pass.

Could this movie be? Maybe. That being said, even if it doesn't totally blow like the BWP did, it'll never match the hype. Hence the pass.

So in the interest of not letting yourself buy into the hype, then seeing the movie and feeling let down by it, you'll just skip it altogether?

Interesting strategy.

Saw it last night in Fairfax. 9:20 show was sold out so I had to wait for the 10:20, which also ended up selling out I believe.

It was a great film, definitely the best horror movie I've seen in years. It's amazing how something as simple as footsteps or a light flicking on can be so scary. I'm sooo glad they didn't resort to using a bunch of cheesy CGI in this movie, that would have ruined it.

Shot for a reported $15,000, "Paranormal Activity" came in at No. 5 with $7.1 million as distributor Paramount expanded it into daylong release after two weeks of midnight-only screenings.

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.ap.org/fans-check-39couples-retreat39-with-353m-ap

edit: It averaged more than $44,000/theater. Perspective: The top flick, Couples Retreat, averaged just under $12,000/theater.

Archived