Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Paranormal Activity (Movie)

Hubbs

saw it today in Silver Springs, would have been great if these gangsta's behind my wife and I could have shut the **** up for five minutes. Laughing and making wise cracks during the ENTIRE movie. I spoke up but the wife put her foot down and told me to shut it. I was slightly out numbered.

That sucks. This is one movie where you NEED absolute silence, especially during the bedroom scenes.

saw it today in Silver Springs, would have been great if these gangsta's behind my wife and I could have shut the **** up for five minutes. Laughing and making wise cracks during the ENTIRE movie. I spoke up but the wife put her foot down and told me to shut it. I was slightly out numbered.

Man I had the exact same thing happen to me, it's so obnoxious that people do that. I also saw it in a non-stadium style seating theater, and the usher kept coming in and out to check stuff, every time he opened the door you could hear all the people in the lobby.

I need to see it again in a better setup.

I had the same problem. Three teenagers behind me were shouting out during every scary part to try and catch the crowd off guard. I got up and walked around to their seats, sat down next to them and stared, waiting for them to do it again. They clammed up.

I looked up the original ending, the one that was shown at festivals before the film was optioned by Paramount. I think it was better.

My buddy saw it before Paramount and when I described the ending I saw last weekend, he said it was the same ending. (?)

OK EVERYONE! Since this movie is finally in Fairfax, I'm thinking of seeing it. HOWEVER, I've been reading that it really wasn't that scary. At all. Opinions please!

If the theater isn't full of loud mouth idiots who ruin the atmosphere, it will be scary. I saw it in Fairfax last weekend and I loved it.

I love movies, have since I was little…so that‘s going on 5 decades…even took a couple film classes featuring great films form all genres and eras.....I enjoy a very broad range of types…and I know how to gauge my expectations pretty effectively...but I have to say that while this wasn't terrible like, say, Doom, or full of crappy production and awful performances really, but it is the most "talked-about-but-for-God‘s-sake-why?" and over-hyped movie I can remember in a long time.

It was more of a nothing--a void---a loss of time, not unpleasant and certainly not entertaining. It was a step up from waiting in an office for some appointment with magazines you don‘t care abut but it beats looking at the rug.

It wasn't bad enough to be interesting or funny in that way, either, and certainly wasn't good in any way. It was absolutely unoriginal to the point of not needing a screenplay or dialogue written but just people doing an improv-mimicking of what you’ve seen in other movies made the least few years--but minusing out anything that would indicate someone was trying to accomplish something other than seeing how exceptionally mundane and stale (as opposed to god-awful) they could make a full length film.

Nothing stood out even in it's failure. It's like someone tried to make a total non-event and succeeded. Maybe there were two or three scenes that were "movie-worthy" for an average run of the mill TV movie (Say SyFy channel. Wow. I have no idea how anyone got into this to any degree. The theatre was fairly full and it was silent except for a few mildly derisive laughs. At the end, everyone was leaving with more or less a bored or "you're kidding" type of vibe. Weird.

I wrote this much because I was a little pissed and I did hear so muck talk about it. I figured it for at least a good "popcorn" flick and took rare bonus free Friday time that I could have spent doing something much better with my companion. I thought this would be fun cuz she gets scared easy (and is very entertaining when doing it) but she only jumped (a little) once and made one “ooohhh“ sound which is less actual fear response than what she will give up during a Simpson’s Halloween episode.

This movie sucked........was not scary at all. It was boring. To truly enjoy this movie, it has to be completely quiet so that you can zone out and let your mind get completely wrapped around this movie. Of course I had to go to the same showing as the entire freshman class of some local duesh bag high school. And if they werent holding loud private conversations, I had to deal with the older fat guy playing with his dam cell phone. I swear, this is exactly why I refuse to go to the movies Fr-Sun......Im really beginning to hate the general public....But this movie sucked regardless. It was repetitive and extremely overrated...

Saw it Friday.... big let down. Had heard great things about it too. I'm not one to get "scared" by horror movies, if anything I usually find them funny and this one was no real exception. I laughed a lot during the movie, mostly whenever the male lead was talking just b/c he had some great lines. The girl I brought with me also said it was one of the worst movies she'd seen. Def a renter at best.

I want to check it out. A friend of mine saw it with his girlfriend and said it was a very powerful movie. He said that after the movie he felt very strange and that he felt like he needed to go home and read the bible lol. Considering he's not a religious guy, I thought his comment was very interesting.

Sadly a good chunk of Generation Ipod and the Generation of Twits have become so desensitized by real life and chronic texting that they can't enjoy this genre of horror films

Yeah it's clearly the fault of my cell phone that I'm not scared :rolleyes: gimme a break dude. Just cause your geriatric ass scares easy doesnt mean we don't enjoy horror films aswell.

I love movies, have since I was little…so that‘s going on 5 decades…even took a couple film classes featuring great films form all genres and eras.....I enjoy a very broad range of types…and I know how to gauge my expectations pretty effectively...but I have to say that while this wasn't terrible like, say, Doom, or full of crappy production and awful performances really, but it is the most "talked-about-but-for-God‘s-sake-why?" and over-hyped movie I can remember in a long time.

It was more of a nothing--a void---a loss of time, not unpleasant and certainly not entertaining. It was a step up from waiting in an office for some appointment with magazines you don‘t care abut but it beats looking at the rug.

It wasn't bad enough to be interesting or funny in that way, either, and certainly wasn't good in any way. It was absolutely unoriginal to the point of not needing a screenplay or dialogue written but just people doing an improv-mimicking of what you’ve seen in other movies made the least few years--but minusing out anything that would indicate someone was trying to accomplish something other than seeing how exceptionally mundane and stale (as opposed to god-awful) they could make a full length film.

Nothing stood out even in it's failure. It's like someone tried to make a total non-event and succeeded. Maybe there were two or three scenes that were "movie-worthy" for an average run of the mill TV movie (Say SyFy channel. Wow. I have no idea how anyone got into this to any degree. The theatre was fairly full and it was silent except for a few mildly derisive laughs. At the end, everyone was leaving with more or less a bored or "you're kidding" type of vibe. Weird.

I wrote this much because I was a little pissed and I did hear so muck talk about it. I figured it for at least a good "popcorn" flick and took rare bonus free Friday time that I could have spent doing something much better with my companion. I thought this would be fun cuz she gets scared easy (and is very entertaining when doing it) but she only jumped (a little) once and made one “ooohhh“ sound which is less actual fear response than what she will give up during a Simpson’s Halloween episode.

You could have been describing Blair Witch Project to a tee.

Archived