Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Paranormal Activity (Movie)

Hubbs

I thought the movie definitely had the potential to be scary if you were in the right mind-set watching it, but I personally couldn't get myself into it enough. If you go into it think it's real... or based on a true story... that would help to. In reality, it's not, which my friends were disappointed to here. Some Indian film maker just fabricated the story in his house over a few weeks. I think he did an excellent job though... because it does feel real. To me, I just couldn't stop feeling like I was watching a show like "Haunting" on Discovery Channel or something. Which actually is real. But still doesn't make me want to pee my pants. I used to be terrified of this stuff. Just ask MTH, I slept on my parents bedroom floor for like a week after seeing The Ring. One day I just stopped being affected by it, though. I think I'm emotionally detached. I'm more fascinated than anything. I still respect the movie. And I know a lot of people who aren't exactly "scaredy-cats" and were completely disturbed by the film. I still think everyone should go see it, if only to have an opinion of their own.

... Just ask MTH, I slept on my parents bedroom floor for like a week after seeing The Ring. ....
Kath and I saw PA last night in downtown silver spring (very nice theater, btw) and she said you would periodically crawl into her bed in the middle of the night after you saw the ring saying "I'm scared..."

:hysterical:

Always preferred the demon-inspired, jilted-spirits-gone-wild psychological horror films as opposed to the predictable chainsaw-wielding psychotics jumping out from behind trees soaked in blood and guts.

The Ring and The Exorcism of Emily Rose (due to my Catholic guilt) set the standard for me when it comes to the horror genre. PA had a better ending than the Ring.....easily. But it didn't meet the sheer terror induced by the others.

I got the heebie-jeebies though so two thumbs up.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

saw the screener copy.....heard there was 3 endings....anybody know about this?

I saw the screener copy as well. There are 3 different endings.

There is one that was in the screener copy. There is one that is very similar to the the screener copy that was only shown in one screening. Then there is the one that was released in the theatrical release. The theatrical ending is apparently a bit different than the screener copy and was changed because of the advice of Stephen Spielberg.

Also, the theatrical release ending is apparently in the trailer. Never watched the trailer because I heard that.

Catch this movie while it is in theaters just to see the crowd reaction which you are unlikely to see again in your lifetime. My wife was crying and covering her eyes near the end, but we couldn't get her to leave the theater because she couldn't take her eyes off of it. I normally don't react to horror movies, but this one got to me and caused my blood to run cold about ten times. Don't know how they did the paranormal effects with no budget, but they were very effective. We all were nauseous after the movie. If you were frightened by the Exorcist this will rip you up all over again. See it in the theater, don't wait for DVD. You will not be able to sleep. I had a bad nightmare and my wife couldn't sleep at all. We are a family who have done the "ghost tour" at Waverly Hills Sanitorium in Kentucky which was pretty spooky so we were predisposed to suspend disbelief at this movie. Nevertheless, we highly recommend it.

Catch this movie while it is in theaters just to see the crowd reaction which you are unlikely to see again in your lifetime. My wife was crying and covering her eyes near the end, but we couldn't get her to leave the theater because she couldn't take her eyes off of it. I normally don't react to horror movies, but this one got to me and caused my blood to run cold about ten times. Don't know how they did the paranormal effects with no budget, but they were very effective. We all were nauseous after the movie. If you were frightened by the Exorcist this will rip you up all over again. See it in the theater, don't wait for DVD. You will not be able to sleep. I had a bad nightmare and my wife couldn't sleep at all. We are a family who have done the "ghost tour" at Waverly Hills Sanitorium in Kentucky which was pretty spooky so we were predisposed to suspend disbelief at this movie. Nevertheless, we highly recommend it.
Wow. I'm going to see it this weekend. I doubt I'll sleep again.

Wow. I'm going to see it this weekend. I doubt I'll sleep again.

The movie is split into nights. They get progressively more tense for about two weeks until it is almost unbearable. The pacing is excruciating and it will milk all your emotion out of you. I have heard my ten year old daughter let out a blood curdling scream in the middle of the night with her seeing a male "ghost" in her room. My blood ran cold as I ran in the house in a dead sprint up the stairs. Immediately afterward I went looking for this "man" in the house and found my extremely heavy dresser moved into the middle of my bedroom at least four feet from the wall. I got my .357 and searched the house with my stepson for a half hour. We found nobody and I'm pretty sure nobody was there. It took me some time and a bottle of wine to settle down again. This movie got that kind of reaction from me.

I saw it on Saturday night. Scared the crap out of me. Only 2 movies have ever done that to me, The Exorcist and now this. I love horror movies and this one was awesome. I've never heard the whole movie theatre scream during a movie before. Had some pretty crazy parts. I was definitely not disappointed.

I thought it was OK. There were a few creepy scenes, but (slight spoiler alert!) I thought they copped out with the ending. And there were a few logic holes that bothered me, such as their insistence to stay put, isolated, at the house and why the guy didn't sleep nearer to the bedroom door.

But it was an OK movie.

I thought, for that sort of film, The Blair Witch Project is still a creepier movie.

I thought it was OK. There were a few creepy scenes, but (slight spoiler alert!) I thought they copped out with the ending. And there were a few logic holes that bothered me, such as their insistence to stay put, isolated, at the house and why the guy didn't sleep nearer to the bedroom door.

But it was an OK movie.

I thought, for that sort of film, The Blair Witch Project is still a creepier movie.

The only thing that confused me of why it didn't get more attention was when the ouijia board caught on fire? How was that not a bigger deal?

I hated this movie with a passion, not that it was a bad movie its just that it SCARED the living #$#$ out of me. My GF cant get the scene of the chick standing up (sleep walking) and watching her bf for hours scene out of her mind. Every freaking sound in our house now is like... WTF was that lol..

I hated this movie with a passion, not that it was a bad movie its just that it SCARED the living #$#$ out of me. My GF cant get the scene of the chick stanind and watching her bf for hours scene out of her mind. Every freaking sound in our house now is like... WTF was that lol..

That, I admit, was a creepy scene.

To all of those still wanting to see it, I would advise against seeing it in the theater unless you know the theater will be dead.

I kinda figured this would be the case with this movie, so I went yesterday for an early afternoon matinee. The theater only had 8 people in it, which was perfect. No laughing, texting, or conversations going on. Everyone in the theater was into the movie.

It's not a typical horror film. They don't scare you with blood guts and creepy villans. Its a psychological horror film, and you really need the right environment for the film to achieve its goal.

Honestly I think the best way to see this movie would be in your house, late a night, with maybe one other person. There is a certain safety to the movie theater that will take away from the experience of the film.

DUDE, wtf is wrong with you lol. I cant even think of watching this movie at home alone in the dark. You are nuts :silly:

I hated this movie with a passion, not that it was a bad movie its just that it SCARED the living #$#$ out of me. My GF cant get the scene of the chick standing up (sleep walking) and watching her bf for hours scene out of her mind. Every freaking sound in our house now is like... WTF was that lol..

Yeah that was just plain creepy. It creeps me out just talking about it lol

Yeah that was just plain creepy. It creeps me out just talking about it lol

That was insane and not that it couldnt happen. People sleep walk all the time, imagine waking up and your gf/bf/whatever is standing there watching you!! If that happened to me and I woke up, my gf is getting knocked the $#$# out lol...

That was insane and not that it couldnt happen. People sleep walk all the time, imagine walking up and your gf/bf/whatever is standing there watching you!! If that happened to me and I woke up, my gf is getting knocked the $#$# out lol...

LOL yup. I wouldn't hesitate for a second haha. Like I said, I haven't been the scared watching a movie since The Exorcist. Just something about demons and people getting possed creeps me out.

Archived