Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Paranormal Activity (Movie)

Hubbs

Has anybody seen this yet? It's still transitioning from limited to full release, but it opened in a few dozen cities over the weekend. It's a ghost movie shot in a "Blair Witch" style, except people are saying that it's much better than Blair Witch. The trailer looks great. (You can watch it here.)

Any ES reviews?

I'm hoping that it comes close enough for me to take the wife to see it. We love movies like this. The closest place to me right now is DC, but from up here that's well over an hour 1 way.

Apparantly each week it will open in more cities, so maybe I will get a chance to see it on the big screen. Otherwise, they claim the DVD comes out in January, so i will see it eventually.

I saw it last week in Georgetown. The movie was pretty good, probably more so b/c of the theatre experience--a few good scares/creep out moments. Be warned it has the Blair Witch/Cloverfield camera style...caused a chick to throw up in the theatre.

I think I'll even get it on DVD b/c there are three alternate endings and one of them in particular is scary to me.

Okay guys here is an important update regarding the release of Paranormal Activity:

This was posted yesterday on IMDB.com

"We're at a rate of 5,000 votes per hour.

We need about 460,000 more.

460,000 divided by 5,000 equals 92.

92 hours = 3.8 days.

So in 4 days, we have 1,000,000.

Since that means we're getting a nationwide release just in time for Halloween, I'm considering the possibility that this is fixed. In other words, a nationwide release is happening no matter what. The studio seems to be very aware of this."

End IMDB Posting

I was talking to a friend of mine on AIM this morning who knows a local theater manager. I will let the theater remain nameless for privacy sake, but the manager has been told that they would be getting the film between the 16th and the 30th.

Do you think this "demand it" is all just an elaborate ruse?

Okay guys here is an important update regarding the release of Paranormal Activity:

This was posted yesterday on IMDB.com

"We're at a rate of 5,000 votes per hour.

We need about 460,000 more.

460,000 divided by 5,000 equals 92.

92 hours = 3.8 days.

So in 4 days, we have 1,000,000.

Since that means we're getting a nationwide release just in time for Halloween, I'm considering the possibility that this is fixed. In other words, a nationwide release is happening no matter what. The studio seems to be very aware of this."

End IMDB Posting

I was talking to a friend of mine on AIM this morning who knows a local theater manager. I will let the theater remain nameless for privacy sake, but the manager has been told that they would be getting the film between the 16th and the 30th.

Do you think this "demand it" is all just an elaborate ruse?

Whatever it is, its good marketing.

I live in Frederick. The closest place to watch it is Silver Spring or Hanover. So guess what, I'm demanding it.

They are probably playing the movie in bigger markets to see how big of a hit it is before going nationwide.

Interesting take SS84, wouldn't be at all surprised if that was the case, and they're only doing the "demand" thing to get people's email accounts. That's brilliant marketing if so. I demanded it but thankfully used a junk email account.

I'll probably go see it in Georgetown before it comes to my area anyway. I'm extremely exicted to see this movie!

Interesting take SS84, wouldn't be at all surprised if that was the case, and they're only doing the "demand" thing to get people's email accounts. That's brilliant marketing if so. I demanded it but thankfully used a junk email account.

I'll probably go see it in Georgetown before it comes to my area anyway. I'm extremely exicted to see this movie!

I dont think that they are just doing it to get email accounts. My friend thinks that it is just a way to measure the interest in certain cities, for future projects such as this....I realized a nationwide release was inevitable as soon as I saw how much money the film had grossed...for only 15,000.00 production costs, they were destined to cash in on it.....

Archived