Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moss Shushes Fans After Score

Dan T.

Right after his long touchdown reception yesterday, Santana Moss gave the "STFU" signal to fans, holding his index finger to his mouth in the librarian-like "be quiet" gesture. I've never seen a player do that in his home stadium.

Has anybody heard an explanation for why Santana did that? I know there was booing at the end of the first half, but nothing that deserved that response from him.

Right after his long touchdown reception yesterday, Santana Moss gave the "STFU" signal to fans, holding his index finger to his mouth in the librarian-like "be quiet" gesture. I've never seen a player do that in his home stadium.

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry

Has anybody heard an explanation for why Santana did that? I know there was booing at the end of the first half, but nothing that deserved that response from him.

After Portis' first ever touchdown for the 'skins in '04, he made the same gesture. Guess he was telling the fans to STFU too, huh?

i took it as more of a "relax, we got this" gesture.... not a "stfu" gesture. and i can understand his frustration. it has to be terrible to have your own fans boo you at home. players should be excited to play in front of their home crowd, not dreading it. we need to get back to giving our team the much-needed home-field advantage.

Was that when it was still basically 13-9?

lol, he had a brain fart. You could tell, cuz he remembered where he was and quickly put his finger down like "oh, shiznit".

I thought it was hilarious. :hysterical:

I think it's more of a reflex too.

That explanation makes sense. I'm sure everybody on the O is rusty on how to act after scoring a TD.

I hope the players are mad at the fans and I hope it makes them play better. All they have to do to shut up the boos is play one or two really good complete games. They haven't done that in a year.

Why on earth would the players be mad at the fans?

The fans have had every right to boo them and boo them loudly.

As for Moss, I'm glad that he decided to use one of the few times that he actually managed to beat his man and get seperation yesterday to antagonize the fans.

Archived