Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moss Shushes Fans After Score

Dan T.

I don't blame him a bit, maybe it will STFU on these fair weather fans.

I hate booing, and have never done it. I hate losing, and Dan Snyder, but never have and never will boo.

Do you think these players are all tanking it?

I booed against the rams, and I booed the skins against the bucs. IF santana did try to give us the STFU symbol, he needs to stop being delusional and realize how terrible they've played this season against the worst teams the NFL has to offer.

WE SUCK

HTTR

Love the Team, Hate the Owner

Thank you.

I'd have a firesale and accept pennies on the dollar if I were the Redskins. Trade every last bargaining chip you have, turn control over to a GM, and let him build a team from scratch.

Sadly, the players like Portis, Samuels, and Moss are the last link to our post-Gibbs high-water mark (2005-2007), but that era is now over as well. It's time for a brand new start. Burn it to the ground and build it back up.

Other franchises have had to do this and been relatively successful, why can't we give it a try?

I'd trade or cut the following guys (again, not because I don't like them, but because we can get something for them):

Moss, Portis, Sellers, Samuels, Carter, Daniels, Wynn, Rabach, Smoot, Campbell, Betts, Cartright, etc.

What's the harm, if nothing else, those players have proven to us that 10 wins is their ceiling.

A freakin MEN

I understood why he did it and didn't have a problem with it at all to be honest, the fans that boo should keep themselves at home, save themselves the money.

This is insanity...HE WAS NOT TELLING THE FANS TO SHUT UP!!!!! It's equivalent to asking for quiet in the room before you fart. Thats as plain as I can make it.

I booed against the rams, and I booed the skins against the bucs. IF santana did try to give us the STFU symbol, he needs to stop being delusional and realize how terrible they've played this season against the worst teams the NFL has to offer.

WE SUCK

HTTR

Love the Team, Hate the Owner

Wait...so you can boo them but they can't boo you? I have no problem with him if he did do that and if you can dish it then you better learn to take it. And before you complain about how awful they've been, why don't you as a fan take responsibility for how the home field advantage is not what it should be. Don't give me parking/ tailgating/ etc...excuses; inside the stadium outside of everything going on in the parking lot the fans and ownership issues the fans have not done there job as a while in creating a strong home field advantage. A large group still makes noise, but the fans as a whole have not done their part and this has been a failure on the fan base.

Thank you.

I'd have a firesale and accept pennies on the dollar if I were the Redskins. Trade every last bargaining chip you have, turn control over to a GM, and let him build a team from scratch.

Sadly, the players like Portis, Samuels, and Moss are the last link to our post-Gibbs high-water mark (2005-2007), but that era is now over as well. It's time for a brand new start. Burn it to the ground and build it back up.

Other franchises have had to do this and been relatively successful, why can't we give it a try?

I'd trade or cut the following guys (again, not because I don't like them, but because we can get something for them):

Moss, Portis, Sellers, Samuels, Carter, Daniels, Wynn, Rabach, Smoot, Campbell, Betts, Cartright, etc.

What's the harm, if nothing else, those players have proven to us that 10 wins is their ceiling.

I totally agree, but that will never happen. That plan requires patience and is the complete opposite of how Snyder runs this organization. The Skins only seem to make moves with the current season in mind, never the future, as if they are only 1 or 2 players away from the promised land, despite the fact that the core team has never been a legit super bowl contender during Snyder's tenure. Instead of the Skins trading away aging players on the downside of their career before they have no value at all the Skins trade for them. Getting rid of name players is never popular with fans, especially when the fans have no confidence in the FO(Snyder) to replace them, but knowing when to release/trade/not re-sign name players is key to running a solid organization.

Wait...so you can boo them but they can't boo you? I have no problem with him if he did do that and if you can dish it then you better learn to take it. And before you complain about how awful they've been, why don't you as a fan take responsibility for how the home field advantage is not what it should be. Don't give me parking/ tailgating/ etc...excuses; inside the stadium outside of everything going on in the parking lot the fans and ownership issues the fans have not done there job as a while in creating a strong home field advantage. A large group still makes noise, but the fans as a whole have not done their part and this has been a failure on the fan base.

That is utter bull****. On game days, the fans have been behind this team since Snyder took over this franchise. For 10 years they've been supportive, despite much that's gone wrong. So for players now to get touchy when they woefully underperform and fans show their displeasure just doesn't wash. And it's not a 2-way street. Players can't insult their fans.

Take into consideration who pays the players paychecks. If the fans want to boo they are legally entitled to it. First Amendment my friend. If the players are performing poorly they have no room to dish it back to the fans. Just like Henson going after fans a few weeks ago. If you dont want to be booed don't play poorly and not even aweknowledge it. Zorn keeps insisting we're "Improving" and not facing the situation at all. Only a few players have point blank said things are bad (D Hall and Chris Samuels are two of them). Fans spend their hard earn paychecks to see this team and expect that the team listens to them. JKC use to proudly say he is not just the owner but one leaders of the best bloody fans. Players in the past told stories of how much it hurt when they loss because they hurt the fans. Where do you see that now? The players instead attack the fans. The fans are all hurting inside and basically telling the team that in the only way possible. The booing is out of pain not anger.

The fanbase didnt fail the team. The team failed the fanbase. The fans have been doing their part for decades and taken season after season of disappointment. Sad Redskin fan after Sad Redskin fan. Everyone has a breaking point even the Redskin fans. Maybe the organization and players should start listening

Well what does that tell us?

Maybe it was him telling the fans to STFU?

All of us skins fans for the most part probably deserve it. We have become the new Philadelphia when it comes to sports at least football.

I hate booing my own team but after the first half of that crap yesterday I almost snapped. I was so disappointed at the end of the half I even may have booed. Any for the first time I felt like the responsible thing was to show my disappointment by booing!

During the rest of the game I did not boo and if Moss wants to tell us STFU he can do it all season long if he scoring long touchdowns in fact I would prefer it!

I definitely think that a lot of fan's need to settle down a little bit because we choose to be their fan's we are lucky to have a team that for the most part who interacts with the fan's but as the season has progressed many players have backed away from doing this. Of course I understand where the dishearten fans are coming from we deserve more effort at the very least.

Anyway the players can keep telling us where to go if they produce. If they don't then I guess we will have other players to boo next season....

They were 6-2 at the time! If you're not going to go see that game (or at least find a Skins fan to take your tickets if you can't/don't want to make it), what's the point of even getting tickets?

You're a very funny person. My wife and I own 4 season tickets and we live in San Antonio, TX. We get to watch 1 game a year (2 if lucky). We're here because I was in the military and bought a house.

Now, we have the "fans" like you that complain about the fans such as myself, for selling my tickets on stub hub (whomever buys them). To try to get a little money back... In the end, I lose money, but by God I'm supporting my team...

And people like you feel it's ok to patronize season ticket owners who have been fans for years? Maybe... Just Maybe... You should be grabbing those season tickets too, and if you're too short on the waitlist, go jump on stubhub and buy those tickets that us "un-loyal" fans are selling to try to recoup some of our money back....

-=It's always funny seeing non-season ticket holders making judgement calls and lecturing season ticket holds... we don't pick and choose games to go to, we pay for them all, whether our work calls us in late, our daughters/sons go to the ER, or you're stuck in Fedex Field Traffic for the first 3 quarters of the game... we still pay for that game=-

Sorry, touchy subject... :doh:

He is just hushing the haters. Whether that be fans of the Skins, fans of other teams, or even the media.

I think its great personally. If you can dish the negative out (the boos, hand gestures, knocking the skills and heart of our players, etc) you should be able to take it as well. Whatever it takes for our players to get their game up, I am for.

You're a very funny person. My wife and I own 4 season tickets and we live in San Antonio, TX. We get to watch 1 game a year (2 if lucky). We're here because I was in the military and bought a house.

Now, we have the "fans" like you that complain about the fans such as myself, for selling my tickets on stub hub (whomever buys them). To try to get a little money back... In the end, I lose money, but by God I'm supporting my team...

And people like you feel it's ok to patronize season ticket owners who have been fans for years? Maybe... Just Maybe... You should be grabbing those season tickets too, and if you're too short on the waitlist, go jump on stubhub and buy those tickets that us "un-loyal" fans are selling to try to recoup some of our money back....

-=It's always funny seeing non-season ticket holders making judgement calls and lecturing season ticket holds... we don't pick and choose games to go to, we pay for them all, whether our work calls us in late, our daughters/sons go to the ER, or you're stuck in Fedex Field Traffic for the first 3 quarters of the game... we still pay for that game=-

Yes Redskins fans have sometimes sell their tickets to certain games because things come up. Though certain games like the Steelers one that can be up for question. Its hard to tell if that was selling to cash in on a big game. A very Big game considering we were in a a great position to make the playoffs. No matter the case Fedex Field shouldnt have had over 30 thousand steelers fans in it. Anyone there could tell you they were sick to their stomach. Our stadium was taken over on MNF against a major team. Do you any of you remember our QB having to do a silent count at home before? I dont.

Oh Reign btw if you want to make sure they go to a Redskin we have a ticket section here. Thats what makes the Steeler thing even more baffling.

http://extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=269095&highlight=Terrible+Towels&page=2 I remember how sad it was reading this. About as sad as actually seeing it in person.

I laughed when I saw it. The way he was semi trotting on his last few steps, I figured he was "sneaking" into the endzone and he didnt want anyone to tell. Like that shouldnt have happened on first down, "Shhhhh, dont tell anyone Im back here" kinda thing. I found it funny and in no way associated it with anything derogatory.

Id be willing to put the time in to make sure your tickets dont find the hands of the opposing fan. Im being serious. There are enough people that would buy them and im sure people (like myself) would broker them for you to ensure oppsing fans dont get them. Research sites that will sell them to Redskins fans or find someone who knows somebody who wants them and is a fan. Throwing them up for grabs online for opposing fans to snag is the lazy way out and contributes to the lack of home field advantage. I figured an old school fan would have thought about that. Im in no way attacking you though. I respect your dedication in supporting the team, I just want to bring to your attention that the unscrutinzed selling of your ticket may take away from the 12th man. If you are losing every year b/c you cant sell your tickets, letting a fan/ticket broker get them into redskins fans hands may actually increase your intake on the tickets. Do you plan on renewing your contract when it expires?

This is really a non-story. I am sorry, but the team did not look all that great but they did find a way to win. I am going to enjoy a win this week because last week's loss was abundantly clear how bad it can be. I was just glad to be on the left column side of the standings than on the right hand side.

Archived