Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moss Shushes Fans After Score

Dan T.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYdfvkeqqeI

I really dont see it even happen. Maybe for 1 second when he first gets in the endzone. Doesn't deserves its own thread imo.

I don't see it either. His hand went up to his facemask but I'm not sure he was going for the STFU sign. If he was, perhaps it was because he was confused for a second, thinking he was at someone else's stadium. The boobirds can do that to a home team. For the record though, I didn't see any "STFU" sign at all.

And his quote about it:

"I don't care, I really don't care," he said. "We needed something, something to boost us, and we had a touchdown so I was feeling real good, you know what I'm saying? Other than that, I really don't care about it. What we needed to do is keep scoring."

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/12/16/santana-moss-on-excessive-touchdown-celebration-penalty-i-don/

Oh wait...that was last year.

He said on the post game interview that after he made the double move on the defender, realized that he got behind him, and then made the catch, he was so excited about the TD, he couldn't think of anything to do (TD celebration I presume). Said he doesn't know what he did after the TD, just tried to do some funny dance or something. Said it felt like it was his very first TD all over again.

Say what you want about the players appreciation (or lack thereof) for the fans, and how deserved it might be and what might be the case, I have to think they haven't felt much of a homefield advantage since the debacle in the Monday night game against the Steelers last year.

Say what you want about the players appreciation (or lack thereof) for the fans, and how deserved it might be and what might be the case, I have to think they haven't felt much of a homefield advantage since the debacle in the Monday night game against the Steelers last year.

You may be right. But they need to consider cause and effect if they're wondering why.

You may be right. But they need to consider cause and effect if they're wondering why.

What was the cause of 1/3 of the season ticket holders selling their tickets to opposing fans to see their 6-2 team play in the biggest home game in FedEx field history? If I was on the field during that game, I'm not sure I'd give a crap about the fans either.

Regardless, I don't even think this whole thing was meant to be some sort of shut up to the fans, it was just something spontaneously done after a touchdown. Not a big deal.

What was the cause of 1/3 of the season ticket holders selling their tickets to opposing fans to see their 6-2 team play in the biggest home game in FedEx field history? If I was on the field during that game, I'm not sure I'd give a crap about the fans either.

In that case, he may want to question his owner, whose deal with StubHub is far likely more the reason why more opposing fans show up in droves.

Overpriced tickets.

Please. What a terrible excuse. If the tickets are too expensive, don't buy them at the beginning of the season. The team was 6-2! If that can't make you want to go out and support them, what will?

In that case, he may want to question his owner, whose deal with StubHub is far likely more the reason why more opposing fans show up in droves.

Oh, did Dan Snyder force all his season ticket holders to put up their tickets for sale on Stubhub?

Please. What a terrible excuse. If the tickets are too expensive, don't buy them at the beginning of the season. The team was 6-2! If that can't make you want to go out and support them, what will?

Sorry...this is the biggest reason. I know lots of people that are only willing to spend this amount of money for an undervalued product if they are able to recoup some of that money by selling off some of the 'premium' games. Dallas, Philly, and yes...Pittsburgh.

Sorry...this is the biggest reason. I know lots of people that are only willing to spend this amount of money for an undervalued product if they are able to recoup some of that money by selling off some of the 'premium' games. Dallas, Philly, and yes...Pittsburgh.

They were 6-2 at the time! If you're not going to go see that game (or at least find a Skins fan to take your tickets if you can't/don't want to make it), what's the point of even getting tickets?

Is it just me or did the db give up on trying to tackle him like way early?

What was the cause of 1/3 of the season ticket holders selling their tickets to opposing fans to see their 6-2 team play in the biggest home game in FedEx field history?

Eh, probably the fact that a large portion of those tickets weren't owned by fans, but by companies selling them on stubhub?

It was a relex to scoring. I have seen him do this to opposing fans many times. Don't read too much into it.

Thank you, we have someone who has seen a touchdown by Santana Moss before...

I saw Portis jumping up and down on the sidelines after we converted a 4th down...I think he had ants in his pants?

Archived