Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pet bear kills Pennsylvania woman

SkinInsite

How do we finish the season  

206 members have voted

1. 1. How do we finish the season

A 37-year-old Pennsylvania woman died Sunday after being mauled by her pet black bear, authorities said.

Kelly Ann Walz was attacked when she entered the bear's cage to feed the 350-pound animal and clean its cage, according to Pennsylvania State Police. The bear lived in a 15-by-15-foot steel and concrete enclosure on Walz's property in Ross Township.

The bear wasn't the only unusual animal living on the property, an official with the State Game Commission told CNN affiliate WFMZ-TV. The homeowner had a permit to keep a Bengal tiger and an African lion, and the property routinely passed inspection and had no violations, he said.

A neighbor shot and killed the bear that attacked the owner, state police said.

Lions and tigers and bears! Oh, my!

Why the hell would someone walk into a cage before the bear has been fed? Granted, I don't have a license to house pet lions, tigers, and bears, but that seems like common sense to me...

Regardless, sucks for her. Maybe we shouldn't be keeping bears as pets :whoknows:

Regardless, sucks for her. Maybe we shouldn't be keeping bears as pets :whoknows:

Why not?? Boo Boo, Smokey the Bear and Tony the Tiger looked so cute on tv to them when they were young and dumb.

Now (they are older but still dumb) having the money and ability to have their own though they checked their common sense at the door.

I feel bad for her. She was building up her menagerie of dangerous animals so she could correctly answer the Internet message board questions ...

Which animal would win between a .... and a ...

I expect if they search her property they will also find a polar bear, great white, hippo, and alligator somewhere.

When I was away at Frostburg we use to see black bears all of the time and get pretty close to them. The closest I have been is with in 20 yards, while they look like a human could take them in a fight, they will mess you up. The black bears you see in MD, PA, WV tend to be smaller than the black bears you run into out west. Based on the black bears I have seen, and if my memory serves me correctly, 350lbs is a small/medium size black bear.

I wonder how cute and cuddly it was as she was getting ripped apart. Id be pissed to if you threw some dog food in the corner to distract me...

350 lbs with claws, jaws, and muscle and this genius wanted to cage it and love it and hug it and feed it and take care of it......

Im actually surprised she hadnt donked herself off before this in some other freak accident.

Archived