Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What was the first music video you ever saw?

Sticksboi05

First video I really remember was Bryan Adams - Everything I Do from the Robin Hood soundtrack circa 1991. Heard the song at summer camp then saw the video not long after that at my brother's house. (I got yelled at for watching MTV then my sister in law realized it was Bryan Adams and didn't care.)

Um that video came out in 1989.

"The music video, directed by Bill Pope and Michael Salomon, debuted on MTV on January 20, 1989."

When did you see that? Metallica almost never had any of their older stuff on MTV from my memory.

AS far as my 1st music video I have no idea.

Don't remember exactly but I was younger than 7 or 8. Metallica was one of the only metal bands that was played on MTV in the 90's.

I think the first video I ever saw was a Faith No More video where at the end the grizzly looking guitarist wwithhe funky sunglasses is playing the piano while the Red Snapper is on the ground flopping around gasping for air... then when dude stops playing the piano and gets up and walks away the piano explodes.... it was def a money video for its time.

"Epic" was the song.

As for "One" it was their first video, I remember staying up till midnight to see the premier on Headbangers Ball. Check out the video two of One.

My first was "Thriller"

How do you guys remember that? I have no idea. I don't even remember when I first got MTV.

Did it coincide with your first taste of marijuana? :silly:

I'm the same way. I have no idea. All I can remember is "Sledgehammer". And it was supposed to be simply a new-age video. LOL

considering i've never smoked marijuana, no:silly:

All I remember is 8th grade being in love with MTV VJ Simon Rex and loving Bush and Nirvana

Oh, you were one of "those" kids. :silly:

Both Bush and Nirvana...no words needed. At that age, Glycerine and Come As You Are were constantly played for me, just to name a few.

Simon Rex??? He's no Kurt Loder, honey. :silly:

Oh, you were one of "those" kids. :silly:

Both Bush and Nirvana...no words needed. At that age, Glycerine and Come As You Are were constantly played for me, just to name a few.

Simon Rex??? He's no Kurt Loder, honey. :silly:

yes, a str8 edge!!!

Kurt Loder is uggggly. Simon.....SWOON!

SimonRex.jpg

i think it was probably black or white by michael jackson. that was probably at the age i could actually remember something like knowing this was an actual music video.

i think it had huge hype when they were premiering it and my parents tuned in and i got to watch.

That's what I'm saying. How do they remember the first video they ever saw?

It's because back then it was a huge deal. I remember when our neiborhood got cable and that was Ffx city. Most of the old videos that are being remembered were actually turning points in effects of how videos were made. Thriller, land of confusion, sledgehammer, Money for nothing to name a few. For thiriller we went to a friends house who had satellite and watched it.

Now videos are a dime a dozen, the thrill is just not the same.

Archived