Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Todd Collins Time...TC15...needs to start.

RonJeremy

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

TC15 looked so dejected coming through the tunnel after the game, i think Jason has finally hung himself and its time for Superman to breath some life into this team again before its too late.

We can still go 13-3 if we start Collins now. Bring back the magic baby, we need a leader.

Please pass me some of that.

Campbell just isn't very good. We need to admit this folks.

Save the season...start Todd Collins.

You can't blame the o-line this time. Campbell just isn't a NFL QB.

Next week the Skins play the Rams. The Skins need to start Collins against an inferior opponent so he can get "sea legs". Campbell isn't going to cut it...time to move on.

Todd Collins isn't the answer either!! Why do you guys all think this!! He is a career backup! Out of the QBs on the roster as of now Campbell is the best and gives us the best chance to win.

Past time to open the eyes of the blind and put in a qb who can score some points. There will be no more talk of shoddy OL play or crowded 8 man fronts stuffing the run. Dont be a fool Zorn---the pink slip for JC is already sittin on Danny's desk. Put in Rich Gannon Part 2. I cant take another week of this bull****.

Pass. The issues here are not solved with a QB change.

If it was. Then all the different starting QB's we've had since Danny bought the team would have made a difference.

Your agenda is understandable but blinds you to simple facts.

Your inability to see coaching decisions re: QB and the QB play itself as contributing factors to our failures is a great flaw you possess. I point to the entire Gibbs and post-Gibbs era. The problems may or MAY NOT go as far as you think. If we had gone with Collins in 2007 before, we probably get homefield advantage. Do that and you never know. Same thing with Brunell being gimped up in 2005 at the end. Should have gone with a healthy QB instead. So we lost to Seattle in Seattle...

Look at any 'good organization' and how they perform when the QB isn't performing. Look at the SHAMBLES that Atlanta was after Petrino left. Now look at them.

It's the same over and over again. Very few teams can build without that centerpiece and many will look FAR WORSE than they are because of a failure at that keystone position.

Your agenda is understandable but blinds you to simple facts.

Your inability to see coaching decisions re: QB and the QB play itself as contributing factors to our failures is a great flaw you possess. I point to the entire Gibbs and post-Gibbs era. The problems may or MAY NOT go as far as you think. If we had gone with Collins in 2007 before, we probably get homefield advantage. Do that and you never know. Same thing with Brunell being gimped up in 2005 at the end. Should have gone with a healthy QB instead. So we lost to Seattle in Seattle...

Look at any 'good organization' and how they perform when the QB isn't performing. Look at the SHAMBLES that Atlanta was after Petrino left. Now look at them.

It's the same over and over again. Very few teams can build without that centerpiece and many will look FAR WORSE than they are because of a failure at that keystone position.

No QB performs here. Its a bad environment for coaches and players.

Not sure even hindsight would say Collins starting without Sanders equals anything.

Is there room on the TC bandwagon?

Plenty of room my friend, you can sit up front next to the bus driver Joe Gibbs, dont forget to tip your bartender AL Saunders; the drinks are super cheap here and loaded with WIN.

On December 6, 2007, Collins replaced Redskins quarterback Jason Campbell who left with a dislocated patella tendon. Taking charge of a team depleted by injuries and drained by the shooting death of safety Sean Taylor nine days earlier, Collins completed 15 of 20 passes for 224 yards and two touchdowns, leading the Redskins to a 24-16 victory. Collins won NFC Offensive Player of the Week honors for his performance against the Chicago Bears. Coach Joe Gibbs was particularly pleased with the performance saying "I don't know that I've ever had a better performance coming off the bench. Ever."[3]

Following the victory over the Chicago Bears (which improved the Redskins to 6–7), Collins led the Redskins to three more consecutive victories to closeout the regular season. Those victories were over the New York Giants, the Minnesota Vikings, and a 27–6 win over the Dallas Cowboys in the season finale. The Redskins' four straight victories at the end of the season left them with a 9-7 record, securing the Redskins' bid for a wild card playoff berth against the Seattle Seahawks. Collins finished the season with a quarterback rating of 106.4. Following completion of the regular season, he was voted NFC Offensive Player of the Month for December.

There is a good article in the Washington Times today by Thom Loverro:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/oct/14/thom-loverro-who-should-play-qb-is-reasonable-ques/

Jim Zorn repeated the same things at his news conference Monday that he has said week after week in this wreck of a season.

"I ask myself questions," the coach of the Washington Redskins said. "What are we doing? Are we doing it right? Do we have the elements we need to be a successful offense? ... The answers to those questions are sometimes yes and sometimes I am changing."

But what does Zorn mean by change? A little tinkering in playcalling?

Zorn claims the Redskins are close to turning things around, that the difference between success and failure for this team is just one play here or there.

If that were the case, tinkering indeed would be in order.

But that belief is delusion. What is needed is not tinkering but a wrecking ball.

Major change needs to be on the table if the Redskins are to have any chance of salvaging a season headed - at best - toward a 5-11 finish.

What needs to be on the table is a change at quarterback.

Yes, Jason Campbell is just one item on a long list of things gone wrong for the Redskins..... (rest at link)

The idea of switching QBs, among other things suggested in the article, has merit, IMHO. I think that something needs to be tried as we've seen what the Skins are capable (and incabable) of doing in a game. They haven't scored more than 17 points this season, which is almost impossible considering the teams that the Skins have played.

While Collins isn't the long term solution to the Skins offensive problems, neither is Campbell. Time to try Collins, as well as Marko, to see if the team can generate more points.

Dear Mr. Zorn,

Please, please, pretty please, don't play my son Todd. His father and I love him too much to see his life put at risk.

Sincerely,

Mrs. Collins

Mrs. Collins,

I've done a little research and learned the line wasn't exactly in great shape when your son saved the Skins season the last time around. Heyer was starting as a rookie and barely knew how to line up right. Jason Fabini was filling in at guard and even for Samuels at times.

A change at QB is inevitable at this point. Hopefully Todd can provide a spark. I will call some good plays for him.

Sincerely,

Sherm "Bingo!" Lewis

Archived