Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Todd Collins Time...TC15...needs to start.

RonJeremy

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Yeah, because this is really what needs to happen for us to win the division. Todd Collins and his laser, rocket arm is just going to sit in the pocket and pick apart opposing defenses en route to a Redskins dream season. That's how you see it, isn't it?

I will take anyone over Campbell at this point. I have no problem putting Collins in there for a game, if for no other reason than to light a gigantic fire under Campbell's ass and see how he responds.

Yup cause JC calls our plays
You have to admit, regardless of the crap playcalling that our offense has identical problems to prior years.

Honestly, does our passing game look any different then when we had Saunders? We're supposed to be running a WCO. Do we resemble anything close to a WCO?

And the time management problems. Gingerly taking our time when we're down 2 scores in the second half. We used to slay Gibbs for that.

You have to admit, regardless of the crap playcalling that our offense has identical problems to prior years.

Honestly, does our passing game look any different then when we had Saunders? We're supposed to be running a WCO. Do we resemble anything close to a WCO?

And the time management problems. Gingerly taking our time when we're down 2 scores in the second half. We used to slay Gibbs for that.

and not getting the play off and having to kill two timeouts early in the second half. BTW no matter what that is all on Campbell.

You think Saunders was calling the plays? No we had two TO's in a row Joe.

Who was scared and out of his league when he came back. All we did was run left, run left and pas on 3rd down.

Our qb had 6 ints last year. 6 ints!!!! If we are gonna lose lets go out in flames. Jay Cutler style. 4 or 5 int games lol

No we get run left, run left pass on 3rd and long. It is what some one who is behind the curve does. It is safe and sometimes works when you have a great back like Portis. But this is the nfl.

And Gibbs was over his head as is Zorn. Zorn has this team looking exactly like it would look if we let the QB coach run it.

Yup cause JC calls our plays

Notice anything?

1st and 10 at WAS 20 (7:27) C.Portis left tackle to WAS 21 for 1 yard (O.Umenyiora, A.Pierce).

2nd and 9 at WAS 21 (6:50) C.Portis left tackle to WAS 25 for 4 yards (J.Tuck, D.Clark). NYG-M.Johnson was injured during the play.

NYG-J.Tuck was injured during the play.

3rd and 5 at WAS 25 (6:13) (Shotgun) J.Campbell pass short left to C.Cooley to WAS 31 for 6 yards (C.Blackburn, C.Webster). FUMBLES

(C.Blackburn), RECOVERED by NYG-C.Brown at WAS 20.

1st and 10 at WAS 31 (5:50) C.Portis left end to WAS 34 for 3 yards (K.Phillips).

2nd and 7 at WAS 34 (5:10) C.Portis left tackle to WAS 33 for -1 yards (C.Canty, C.Blackburn).

Timeout #1 by WAS at 04:22.

3rd and 8 at WAS 33 (4:22) L.Betts right guard to WAS 31 for -2 yards (M.Johnson).

We need to draft a solid run left, run left, pass on 3rd and long QB. Only a real talent can lead this technical and complex scheme.

Our biggest run of the game was off the left tackle. Did you see what happened when we went right? Like on the run play that Campbell audibled in to? And the other one for a 6 yard loss? Which way would you go?

Good playcalling was the only reason we had any points on the board in the first half. Campbell was Campbell. No pocket presence. Short passes over the middle all day long. Holding the ball forever. Not seeing open receivers. A horrible fumble that cost us 7 points (we lost by 6 by the way).

Bad quarterbacking is absolutely the biggest reason that we lost that game. The playcalling was fine.

I think Art summed it perfectly, simply put..Campbell is a moron.

Anyone who thinks JC is a moron, is a moron.

I won't continue to defend this guy all season long, but he makes mistakes the same as every QB in the league does. The only difference is, our fan base is full of fair weather fans who NEVER back anyone wearing burgundy and gold.

I'm 23 and have been a redskins fan for about the same amount of time. With that being said, as redskins fans, i think we're all equally frustrated and disappointed about the stagnant state of the franchise. From what i understand, your solution is to bench and eventually cut JC now to be replaced by Collins until we find or develop "the one". Do you seriously think the Collins can do a better job than JC? It seems to me that the Collins hype is a classic case of the backup quarterback being the fan's favorite. Collins takes no responsibility while sitting on the bench, and if the team struggles, then most of the blame falls on the starting qb, and the backup becomes the savior or better option. Its hard for me to imagine that Collins beats the Giants today by the way the team played. What if Collins did play and threw an interception or fumbled the ball? Would he be subject to the same response as JC? Would there be a quarterback carousel based on who doesn't have a winning game or a good performance? In no way do i intend to undermine or offend your opinion but i stongly think that TC isn't as good as JC, and to replace starters now would be devasting for the season.

All that stuff about the classic case of the backup ab being the fan favorite might be in me because i live in philly and am around eagles fans all the time lol. All i'm saying is that collins has his fundamentals down and has enough decision making skills to throw the ball rather then hold it for 8 seconds. This alone could make the team just a little bit better off.

Anyone who thinks JC is a moron, is a moron.

I won't continue to defend this guy all season long, but he makes mistakes the same as every QB in the league does. The only difference is, our fan base is full of fair weather fans who NEVER back anyone wearing burgundy and gold.

:hysterical:Really? How many QB's run past the line of scrimmage, only to throw a pick? Oh, but you are right about the checking into a run on 3rd and 8, that isn't moronic, it is cowardly.

You think Saunders was calling the plays? No we had two TO's in a row Joe.

Who was scared and out of his league when he came back. All we did was run left, run left and pas on 3rd down.

Our qb had 6 ints last year. 6 ints!!!! If we are gonna lose lets go out in flames. Jay Cutler style. 4 or 5 int games lol

No we get run left, run left pass on 3rd and long. It is what some one who is behind the curve does. It is safe and sometimes works when you have a great back like Portis. But this is the nfl.

And Gibbs was over his head as is Zorn. Zorn has this team looking exactly like it would look if we let the QB coach run it.

I'd honestly be fine if gibbs came back again. I wish he never retired. Every redskins fan on here, no matter what age has something in common.....a gibbs coached team was the best team they got to witness to date. Even if you're like me and too young to remember gibbs 1, the redskins with gibbs as our coach was the best redskins team i got to see.

You are assuming and I think it's worth a chance because I don't see how it could be worse with Todd in there.

yea you're right. It may not make us a super bowl contender, or even a playoff contender, but it can;t be worse then campbell. At least collins has his fundamentals down and knows where the line of scrimmage is. And his deep ball cant be any worse then what we saw from campbell yesterday and in years past

Our passing game looks exactly like it did under Saunders and Gibbs, and it looks just like it did when Mark Brunell and Patrick Ramsey were the starters. Jason is just another failed experiment at QB, time to look at drafting one high in the first round IMO.

Our passing game looks exactly like it did under Saunders and Gibbs, and it looks just like it did when Mark Brunell and Patrick Ramsey were the starters. Jason is just another failed experiment at QB, time to look at drafting one high in the first round IMO.
Its really puzzling.

Obviously we're not running the same scheme, but we're left with the same results.

There's really no difference between Gibbs going with a max protect against the blitz with 1 WR, or Zorn's WCO with 3WRs. Still can't pick up the blitz.

No difference between Saunders' vertical passing attack, with Brunell checking down to the last progression every play unable to produce anything deep.

bleh...

Its really puzzling.

Obviously we're not running the same scheme, but we're left with the same results.

There's really no difference between Gibbs going with a max protect against the blitz with 1 WR, or Zorn's WCO with 3WRs. Still can't pick up the blitz.

No difference between Saunders' vertical passing attack, with Brunell checking down to the last progression every play unable to produce anything deep.

bleh...

It's just frustrating to watch man, it really is.

As to bad playcalling, isn't it possible that Zorn calls a more conservative game than he would like because he doesn't trust Campbell to do anything more?

I think he kind of "protects" Campbell's confidence by trying not to put him into too many situations where he carries the bulk of the responsibility for making a play. If I were Zorn, I'd start to put more responsibility on my starting QB, ready or not.

As to bad playcalling, isn't it possible that Zorn calls a more conservative game than he would like because he doesn't trust Campbell to do anything more?

I think he kind of "protects" Campbell's confidence by trying not to put him into too many situations where he carries the bulk of the responsibility for making a play. If I were Zorn, I'd start to put more responsibility on my starting QB, ready or not.

You mean like yelling at the QB coach after the pick and then discussing the play "calmly" with Jason? Why not yell at Jason? Afraid to hurt his feelings?

Archived