Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Todd Collins Time...TC15...needs to start.

RonJeremy

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Says the man with the NNT designations. That pretty much tells me that you've talked out your ass quite a bit recently. So tell me... Given that TC has been a career backup and never managed to make it to the field except for an injury to the starting QB. Given that he has had just that 1 little hot streak in more than a DECADE OF CLIP-BOARD HOLDING. Given that he got abused in the playoffs... What makes him such a great option for us at QB?

Hey, wait a minute, I thought your reasoning that Todd Collins did well iin 2007 was because he had a strong running game similar to what we saw in the first half of 2008? I guess now that I exposed you to be nothing more than a misinformed barrel of tripe, you have nothing left but to just ask questions while being blind to the answers that already exist.

2008 Preseason.

2009 Preseason.

Try living in the real world for a change, chump.

If it is so high than stop calling people groupies and talk some football. You know so much and you think Campbell cost us this game? Explain yourself in football talk. I'm pretty sure you'll be shown to be the fraud that you are.

the only real fraud is Campbell continuing to take snaps away from the only real QB the Skins have on the roster.

:doh: Here we go again.

We lose by 6 opening weekend away at one of the best teams in the league, and already we need to change QBs.

I seem to remember last year opening day we looked worse than we did today, then won the next 4 and JC looked like a pro bowler.

Take a deep breath folks. We weren't going to go 16-0.

Guess what? Campbell finished the game with a higher QB rating than Eli. He made one bad play (the INT, but Moss could have even helped him there). He didn't have a ton of time all day, and the playcalling was pretty bad.

Give it a couple weeks, folks.

Playcalling wise you can tell Zorn still doesn't trust Campbell. When they were backed up to their goalline...running the ball 3 straight times? Campbell is still slow making his reads and on some passes his throws look like they take forever. Both Zorn and Campbell need to start playing like their jobs are on the line...BECAUSE THEY ARE. If Zorn doesn't have the confidence in Campbell, then he needs to get him out of there. If he doesn't play lights out against the Rams, I think the decision needs to be made to give him the hook. Hell, Gibbs gave Ramsey less time than this...and he wasn't even playing this bad, nor was his job on the line.

Everybody keeps screaming Sanchez this, Ryan that, Flacco this. Have you looked at the numbers from today. It goes to show our play calling hampers our offense more than our QB. You want somewhere to put alot of blame, go to the coaching, sure Campbell is to fault for some things today, but what QB at the pro level is not. It was the first game of the year...

Here are today's lines:

Sanchez 18/31 - 272yds - TD - 1int

Flacco 26/43 - 307yds - 3TDs - 1int

Ryan 22/36 - 239 - 2TDs

Campbell 19/26 - 211yds - TD - 1int

26 attempts for Campbell (93.6 QB rating) 73%

We lose by 6 opening weekend away at one of the best teams in the league, and already we need to change QBs.

I seem to remember last year opening day we looked worse than we did today, then won the next 4 and JC looked like a pro bowler.

Guess what? Campbell finished the game with a higher QB rating than Eli. He made one bad play (the INT, but Moss could have even helped him there). He didn't have a ton of time all day, and the playcalling was pretty bad.

I've seen this movie before, no thanks. It's the same old Campbell. He's NOT a playmaker...he's not even a game manager. He continually fails to move the ball. He needs to throw for 300 and 3TDs against the Rams next week or he needs to go.

Everybody keeps screaming Sanchez this, Ryan that, Flacco this. Have you looked at the numbers from today. It goes to show our play calling hampers our offense more than our QB. You want somewhere to put alot of blame, go to the coaching, sure Campbell is to fault for some things today, but what QB at the pro level is not. It was the first game of the year...

Here are today's lines:

Sanchez 18/31 - 272yds - TD - 1int

Flacco 26/43 - 307yds - 3TDs - 1int

Ryan 22/36 - 239 - 2TDs

Campbell 19/26 - 211yds - TD - 1int

26 attempts for Campbell (93.6 QB rating) 73%

Campbell is a fifth year player, Sanchez is a rookie. Flacco and Ryan are in their second year.

I think Campbell was slow with his progressions and release today. I think knowing that our offensive line was under pressure against that D-line, he needed to get the ball out quicker and he needed to step up and move around in the pocket.

I wont lie, I think Collins could have done better. However, it could also be first game jitters against one of the best teams in the league. Campbell has a couple of powder puff games to get his timing with Moss down and get this ship corrected and going the right way before the way it starts going is down.

I agree.. The last time our offense was any good, was during that stretch that TC started. It changed the whole complexion of our offense and all of sudden made our skill players look like pro-bowlers.

JC is a drag on this team.

Yeah the al saunders offense is coming back as well as 4 games that meant nothing to those teams and as was stated on the radio Moss and company were healthy at the end of the season andthe team will have the win it for ST 21 motivation too right???

I didn't like the situations he was placed into today. You can't fault him for constantly being put in third down situations. This was all on Jim Zorn being a moron and calling the same run play to the left when it clearly wasn't working. Campbell actually impressed me with a lot of his third down throws.

His numbers pre garbage time drive weren't that good but you can't fault him for being in situations he has no control over. Jim Zorn sucks as a play caller and Campbell himself is not good enough to compensate for crappy play calling. We will struggle running the ball this year because we don't have a running back who can compensate for weak blocking and we don't have an offensive line that can compensate for a slowed down aging running back.

Weather Zorn likes it or not, he has to use Campbell to set up the running game. The sooner he realizes that, the better his chances to be employed next year. If he can't trust his QB, then he's not here to do his job. He was brought in to develop a passing attack. Fire him if he doesn't stick with the plan.

Who actually expected us to win today against the Giants?? Since the 80's we have been owned up there and its not like they are scrubs.

The only game I lost in pick em today was the Miami game.

1 game and the fair weathers are ready to abandon ship already. not surprising though.

Hey, wait a minute, I thought your reasoning that Todd Collins did well iin 2007 was because he had a strong running game similar to what we saw in the first half of 2008? I guess now that I exposed you to be nothing more than a misinformed barrel of tripe, you have nothing left but to just ask questions while being blind to the answers that already exist.

2008 Preseason.

2009 Preseason.

Try living in the real world for a change, chump.

OMG... OMG... I mean OMG... This is your response?! Please explain to me WHY IS TC A CAREER BACKUP? Why?! Why has he failed to ever be a starting QB?! I mean you are so convinced that he should be... yet no other coach in the entire NFL for more than a DECADE thinks this guys should start.

If TC was 26, I wouldn't mind him starting. But he's not. He's an old journeyman QB with a year or two left in his career. We might as well bring back Shane Matthews. He isn't even as "good" as Brunell was when he was here... and that's saying something.

WHY?! We have the young stud Todd Collins wasting away on the bench. We just give this guy a chance, and he'll be our franchise QB for the next 8-10 years.

So....how many more years do you want to give Campbell?

What's the magic number of when the light comes on?

None... but replacing him with someone that is much older and won't bring much more if any is stupid. It's obvious our long term plan for QB isn't on this team right now. But benching a QB just to bench him when there's no obvious advantage is pointless.

Because I think the vast majority of us don't post and come to the board to read interesting material... First game of the damn year, and we have the same big mouths ****ing and moaning. Filling up the entire board with the same tired bull****.

Here's a question for you... Would Todd Collins take us to the Superbowl? Is he our future? If the anser to both questions is NO, then there is no reason to start him. If you were demanding that we start a young stud rookie QB, I might be inclined to agree. But to sit JC simply because you didn't like the results of the first game? That's weak.

2 -7 lasty nine starts 1 bomb to moss in 3 years collins could win some games for us if u remenber he beat the giants in new york there sb year so the object is to win not lose like u want to

None... but replacing him with someone that is much older and won't bring much more if any is stupid. It's obvious our long term plan for QB isn't on this team right now. But benching a QB just to bench him when there's no obvious advantage is pointless.

you may be right there... replacing him with the older collins may not do much... however, maybe, just maybe, something would go off in jc's head and wake him up... i doubt it of course... but damnit, how many more chances do you give the guy... all that last year at the start of the season was b.s. and everyone knows it... they were just lucky.... when it came to playing good teams, he choked...

also have seen a comment or 2 here about moss sucking??? well, if he could get the damn ball to him, he might not slack off... seems that way to me.... the guy let down... j.c. can not, no matter how hard he tries, to get the ball to moss deep or any other way it seems.... the ball is always, always over thrown... and on the shorter passes, he is throwing it behind the receivers.... just horrid... the guy just dose not make the plays needed to win in our division...

Archived