Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Todd Collins Time...TC15...needs to start.

RonJeremy

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I can't take another year of Campbell. Give the last QB to lead us to the playoffs (TC 15) a shot. It would be a shame to waste a potentially good defense (Blache will straighten them out), good special teams and a good running game on a QB who:

1. Cannot hit a moving target. The only time he can complete a good pass is if the receiver runs a straight seam route or sits in an open zone. How many times have we seen him throw behind a receiver on 3rd down?!?!

2. Cannot read an NFL defense after 5 years! When Sanchez has figured it out after one freakin year of college!

3. Lacks basic pocket awareness.

4. Cannot make the transition from Primary to secondary or third option. He goes straight to a dump off.

5. Cannot beat a defense in an 8 man front with two back up DBs.

6. Cannot get us into the right play; still fooled by pre-snap movement by the defense (after 5 years!).

7. Cannot put any touch on the ball meaning the fade and go route are useless to us.

8. Cannot use his feet or fakes to improvise and make something out of nothing.

9. Must have everything be perfect in order to be successful (running game, 4.5 seconds of protection and wide open receivers)

10. Is generally a very nice kid with great character who sadly cannot play at the NFL level.

The Redskins have won a game by two possessions (at least 9 points) or more 4 times since 2007. Todd Collins started 3 of those games.

The Redskins are 2-8 against teams that finished with 10 or more wins since 2007. Todd Collins started both games we won.

The Redskins are 1-6 against the Giants since 2006. Todd Collins was the starter of the only win.

Collins accomplished more in 4 weeks and 3 starts than Campbell has in 4 years and 37 starts.

You mean like yelling at the QB coach after the pick and then discussing the play "calmly" with Jason? Why not yell at Jason? Afraid to hurt his feelings?

Pam Oliver didn't say Zorn discussed the play "calmly" with Jason. She said he came over to the direction of JC, he screamed at the quarterbacks' coach and then turned and tried to be a bit more calm as he spoke directly to Campbell. He said a few words and then just told him to "Come On!"

Zorn sure didn't worry about hurting JC's feelings after the fumble.

2ro4512.png

The Redskins have won a game by two possessions (at least 9 points) or more 4 times since 2007. Todd Collins started 3 of those games.

The Redskins are 2-8 against teams that finished with 10 or more wins since 2007. Todd Collins started both games we won.

The Redskins are 1-6 against the Giants since 2006. Todd Collins was the starter of the only win.

Collins accomplished more in 4 weeks and 3 starts than Campbell has in 4 years and 37 starts.

QFT! And I'm sick of people talking about how old TC is. He's 37. A very young 37 considering he hasn't played much. His game vs Seattle was more the fault of an O-line that started a 3rd string Right Guard and 3rd string Left Guard. Seattle's punter had the game of his life. Pinning us inside our 15 six times straight. Our Oline could hear nothing as Seattle has the most acoustic stadium in the league. Rogers (again) dropped a sure pick 6 that could have put the game away. Moss sold TC out and didn't make any effort at all to bat down a game ending pick.

TC may not be able to throw it 60 yards. But at least he can hit a moving target!

Pam Oliver didn't say Zorn discussed the play "calmly" with Jason. She said he came over to the direction of JC, he screamed at the quarterbacks' coach and then turned and tried to be a bit more calm as he spoke directly to Campbell. He said a few words and then just told him to "Come On!"

Zorn sure didn't worry about hurting JC's feelings after the fumble.

2ro4512.png

You say po-tay-to and I say po-tah-to

Far as I am concerned Campbell gets the 1st half of the Rams game to set it straight and then its Todd Collins time.

I'm down with that.

I was off the Campbell wagon back in 2007 when I saw how much better the O looked with a 30's something career backup under center. As soon as Collins entered that Bears game the offense instantly began to click.

The nail in the coffin for me was the Bengals game last season. Campbell had been playing poorly for weeks, yet many posters said it was the O lines fault and not JC's. The claim was that if JC had adequate protection like many other QB's he would perform. Well, he had all day to throw in the Bengals game and he continued to do the same stuff...stare down receivers, hold the ball all day, and not make plays...against a terrible team.

A career high of 13 TD's should be telling. As should the fact that JC has never thrown for 4 TD's in a game, and has only tossed 3 once.

Collins is no long term answer, sure. But I think he gives us the best chance of a playoff season, and because of that, a change is necessary.

As a team and organization we have no identity right now. We don't know if we want to be a run team or a passing team -- and we're trying to be both.

Today, the best teams in the league are passing teams. Perhaps beside the giants. Even the Steelers this year will be more a passing team. Big Ben put it up almost 40 times against the Titans.

But that was such an impressive drive on a prevent defense :-/

Clearly you know nothing about what you're talking about.

But than most people who blindly hate JC don't.

JC ought to be benched... if he plays miserably against the Rams. He played well against one of the best Defenses in our conference, but he also made foolish mistakes. If he stinks it up today than he should be done, and I will personally hop off his bandwagon.

I doubt you'll eat your words if he lights it up though.q

];6769972']Clearly you know nothing about what you're talking about.

JC ought to be benched... if he plays miserably against the Rams. He played well against one of the best Defenses in our conference' date=' but he also made foolish mistakes. If he stinks it up today than he should be done, and I will personally hop off his bandwagon.

I doubt you'll eat your words if he lights it up though.q[/quote']

Another quality post from a vet. Many of you who blindly hate could learn something. I'll admit this is the make or break year for Campbell. But benching him one game into the season for a 30 something year old backup will not "save the season". It will ensure us a high pick and a new coach to "rebuild" yet again.

Ok, I have to admit. I was one of the "Blame the "O" line for the lack of production from last years sorry offensive production. After last weeks sorry excuse for quaterback play, I found my self saying put in Collins. In fact I caught Rocket Ishmial's commentary about Cambell's performance on ESPN's "The Blitz" on Monday. Ishmial stated he was rather surprised by the lack of JC's "Feel" or awareness of pressure in the pocket. Ishmial's commentary went on to say JC has had 2 years to progress, and there isnt any real improvement. Any way here is to wishful thinking for a win on Sunday. Hail:logo:

Many of you who blindly hate could learn something.

Nobody blindly hates Campbell but a lot of people blindly support him. He's started and finished 37 games. He's won 15 of those. He's won 1 game by more than a single score. 1 game. We've watched over 2 complete seasons worth of games with Campbell and have won 14 of them by between 1 and 8 points, and 1 of them by 31 points, and 22 losses.

The HC puts training wheels on him every time something very simple goes wrong. Do you want to know why? Because you can spend a few days with a rookie and get them to understand what it means to step up into the pocket, it's simple stuff. The HC doesn't just do it because he wants to lose. He just can't figure out whats so hard about doing simple stuff. Dangling the ball back by your back leg, stuff like that.

The Campbell fans may have fun for a couple weeks here. It's possible he can look good against some of these defenses coming up but the guy is never going to get it. He has 0 pocket presense. He can't see wtf is going on down field, has no ability to anticipate, and either overthrows or underthrows by 5-10 yards either way on deep balls. Thats a 20 yard range and you have no idea where in that area the ball is going to end up. Maybe he has major depth perception issues. I don't know but there are a lot of things Zorn can't get this guy to do correctly, just basic stuff.

Teams like the Giants, and maybe even Raiders, Falcons, Eagles, Panthers too may have a field day when we play them later. But either way, he has a very long way to go before he's winning paloff games against defenses looking to take his head off while he's got the deer in headlights going on looking for a receiver thats already open downfield.

What is a defense that, rather than have DB's try to Int/knock the ball loose, is instead 3-5 yards behind any receiver making a catch over the middle and then run in for the safe tackle while protecting the sidelines from being attacked with safety's behind everything? Is this kind of defense trying to stop you from moving the ball or are they trying to get you to burn the clock by allowing short 5-10 yd catches in the middle?

Who is blind?

JC ought to be benched... if he plays miserably against the Rams. He played well against one of the best Defenses in our conference' date=' but he also made foolish mistakes.[/quote']

He played well but made foolish mistakes? What does that even mean?

Listen McTool - the only playoff run/appearance for the Skins in recent memory was with Collins' at QB. He came in and saved the Bears game - took us on the road for wins in Giants Stadium, Minnesota and then back home to trounce the Cowqueephs. There's NO WAY Jason Campbell could have done that - I'd bet my house on it.

Problem is that Campbell now gets Rams/Lions - possibly the leagues 2 worst teams and will probably win a couple and keep his job for at least a few more weeks. But I do sense that things have worn very thin - I guarantee that he will be benched for Collins before the midpoint of this season.

I don't hate JC - I don't think Skins fans in general do - we all wish he could get the job done. He can't and Collins gives us best chance NOW - deal with future plans at QB next season.

Archived