Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Todd Collins Time...TC15...needs to start.

RonJeremy

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I am behind TC getting a start because the Skins NEED to try something different. JC just hasn't been able to get this offense moving and scoring. I don't see how trying Todd is going to be worse. He could have just as easily led the Skins to losses vs the Lions and Panthers (plus don't forget that stellar 9 point outing vs the Rams).

I also hope any new OC puts Marko in for a few throws.

I'm all for this. If not to just see that the problems are much deeper than a simple QB problem.

RIGHT NOW, they are much deeper than QB. I agree with you there. If Chris is out, we're in a right bloody mess but I'm PRETTY sure that's why the Texans hurt extra bad when they just didn't get a chance to get Boselli in action after they took in the expansion draft. A LT is a hard thing to replace, even an aging and injured one. However, lots of teams get by with merely competent LT play. I think our depth is inexperienced but we haven't given them a chance to build their own chemistry because they've been on the bench behind veterans. Other than Chris and Dock, I don't think anyone else on the team should have their position assured.

That's what happened to the Ravens, by the way, they did have some high picks but they also let those guys look awful together for a year before they turned it on in the second season together.

That said, if Todd comes in and we score more points and make a playoff run, it would be hard to deny the obvious (though somehow it's been done since 2007.)

Its time to put Todd in because to think status quo will work and execution is all thats holding us back is ridiculous. I agree Campbell isn't out only problem, but he is a problem and isn't doing anything to help the situation. Maybe Collins ability to get rid of the ball more quickly will help spark the team?

Ive always been a Campbell supporter but i am completely down with changing to Collins now..Campbell has led the skins to more than 20 points only 3 times in the last 16 games hes played in..last week the defense basically spotted the offense 14 points and we still couldnt score more than 20...the team is struggling and we need a spark and with a weak chiefs team coming to town i think its the perfect time to get collins feet wet before the monday night game at home against philly...

Todd Collins sucks... I dont know why so many people think he is an all-world quarterback... he's a bum, he's always been a bum.

If you think this team would be 4-0 or 5-0 had Todd Collins started every game... you are truly delusional and perhaps need to take a break from watching football.

Had Todd Collins played... this team would prob be in worse situation. I say this due to the FACT that Todd Collins can not avoid pressure and make plays with his legs. Also due to the FACT that our receivers are piss poor and fail to get open on most of their routes. And yet again due to the FACT that we have the worse offensive line in the league, which means Collins would be like a savory immobile porterhouse steak to opposing defensive players.

This team has SOOOO many problems, and yes you could argue quarterback play is one of them... maybe.... but its not close enough to warrant believing a QB change would have made this team an undefeated team... that is ridiculous.

Tood Collins is garbage. If you think he can do anything different with the o-line being this bad you are crazy.

I'm guessing you didn't watch him in his Buffalo days and are just going by the 3 or so games he played for us? LOL.

You're 24 years old. There's no way YOU saw him in his Buffalo days (esp in the pre-Sunday Ticket days.) He was a much better college QB than Campbell ever was.

And there's only one QB on our roster that's won Offensive Player of the Month and is responsible for a turnaround that led to the playoffs.

You haven't established AT ALL that he's garbage. You also show NO appreciation for Todd's achievement for OUR team. Still a big fan of Campbell?

Todd Collins sucks... I dont know why so many people think he is an all-world quarterback... he's a bum, he's always been a bum.

If you think this team would be 4-0 or 5-0 had Todd Collins started every game... you are truly delusional and perhaps need to take a break from watching football.

Had Todd Collins played... this team would prob be in worse situation. I say this due to the FACT that Todd Collins can not avoid pressure and make plays with his legs. Also due to the FACT that our receivers are piss poor and fail to get open on most of their routes. And yet again due to the FACT that we have the worse offensive line in the league, which means Collins would be like a savory immobile porterhouse steak to opposing defensive players.

This team has SOOOO many problems, and yes you could argue quarterback play is one of them... maybe.... but its not close enough to warrant believing a QB change would have made this team an undefeated team... that is ridiculous.

No, absolutely all of those problems are Campbell's fault. ;)

No one thinks Todd is all-world just that he's proven he's better than the guy starting now. But that's why you just attacked him so viciously--because he has done what Jason could not (and will not.)

As for those problems, have you not paid any attention to Mooka's posts? You people were saying the EXACT SAME THINGS about this team and franchise in 2007. Then after Collins went in, all that stuff went more or less out of the window and people talked about how efficient our offense was, how ALL of our receivers were making key plays.

You really think our receivers now are WORSE than what we had in 2007 with Keenan McCardell and Reche Caldwell as our alternatives to Moss?! Really? You were an adult at the time, you have no excuse to not remember the truth.

As for those problems, have you not paid any attention to Mooka's posts? You people were saying the EXACT SAME THINGS about this team and franchise in 2007.
Word for word.

Maybe Collins isn't the answer since Saunders isn't here anymore, but Jeff Garcia is still available. He has experience in the WCO and has been able to play VERY well as a stop-gap for the Eagles and Bucs in recent past.

It would be nice if Collins was even considered an option right now. I wish Zorn would try him out in practice with the first team and see how he looks. I assume he hasn't since that would no doubt leak out to the media somehow.

So many people have pre-judged Collins ... on what? That in last year's preseason under a new Zorn WCO, with all the scrubs -- he didn't look as comfortable as he did in Saunders offense?

People forget that this season he won the backup competition handily -- still playing with second string players -- oftentimes against 1st string defenses. And with about 5% of the reps too --even as the Skins poured every bit of reps and training into Campbell, with all the 1st string, etc. We poured everything into Campbell -- and our results are a tepid offense with occasional plays that keep the "JC-fans" ever-hopeful, and blaming everyone else.

Well, now our line is a lot of second stringers versus first stringers -- so maybe Collins is better conditioned to dealing with such adversity. Campbell needs so much more time to decide where to pass. And besided being quicker to decide, Collins a little more accurate than Campbell.

So, when did everyone decide that Collins wasn't any good? During the Seattle playoffs? Or did the Collins-haters forget how he led the team on a turnaround 5-game stretch run to even make it into the playoffs? I still get irritated on how people try to put a spin on that bit of playoff magic, and detract from how one QB made the team look so different -- almost from the very moment Collins threw his first redzone TD. (Maybe Campbell should have been taking notes.)

Now Collins doesn't have that strong of an arm, but realistically, with our offensive line, we don't have the protection to allow passing plays to develop that deep. However, Collins does get the ball out waaay earlier that Campbell ever has been able to do. Accuracy, touch, and hitting the players in stride -- all Collins strengths, all Campbell weaknesses. And I seem to recall comments from the coaches on how Collins reputedly has the new offense down cold to the point of making constructive suggestions and comments on the plays. Meanwhile, Campbell continues to struggle with simply calling line protection.

The fans deserve a a chance of seeing a few games where the offense is run as it was drawn up. But I'm afraid we stuck with Campbell too long. We've struggled in every game, and the team is getting a loser's mentality -- just like in 2007. Worse, we're also very dinged up and --after KC-- we'll be facing the toughest part of the schedule.

Sorry fans, we'll probably continue to over-invest in Campbell and start him against KC. Cambell will play his usual 'stuff' and maybe we'll limp past with a victory. But after that -- it's going to get ugly, at least until the fans/owner has had enough or Campbell gets injured and a change is made. But at that point, not even Collins may be able to help like he did back in 2007.

If we start Collins now against KC, we might have a chance to turn morale around and at least assess our receiving corp better with an accurate QB throwing to them. However, if you wait until a game or two after the bye -- then we'd be then asking Collins to engineer upsets of teams heavily favored over the Skins, with no chance of even sniffing the playoffs. And that's a far cry from this 'cake walk' stretch of games the Skins served up for Campbell at the first half of the 2009 season.

BENCH CAMPBELL!!

Collins should have been the starter coming into 08 after those wins that got us in the playoffs. Zorn had a chance to make a Belichek like decision, and go with the player that gave us a chance to win more games, but he went with Campbell, without even a thought of having a QB battle.

Todd has out played Jason every time he has had the chance. Better numbers in 2007, better numbers in preseason 2008 and yes better numbers in preseason 2009.

Am I 100% for Todd, no but I am 100% for getting Jason where he can do the least harm and that is out from behind center.

BTW I was all for bringing in Garcia and still would be if we trade Jason but remember even the Raiders didn't want him.

Garcia might last longer -- but he's not an immediate option. He'd have to learn system terminology and get a little practice/timing in with his new team-mates while he learned the offense.

Even with the bye coming up --I'd figure about three weeks for Garcia to have the same comfort level with the offense where Collins is currently. And considering the likelihood that Collins won't last long behind this porous offensive line -- maybe we should consider bringing in Garcia NOW to bring him up to speed.

I agree that an aging Collins is not the best choice -- but we've already seen too much of what Campbell can do. A spark is needed to bring the team out of their mental rut -- so why not try a change at QB?

BTW I was all for bringing in Garcia and still would be if we trade Jason but remember even the Raiders didn't want him.
True, but Garcia didn't want to stay on as a backup QB.

Plus he had a minor injury in early preseason which cut out his PT.

Sonny is so deluded. Good thing he doesn't have direct access to Snyder:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2009/10/jurgensen_skins_would_have_sta.html

Jurgensen: Skins Would Have Started 4-0 With Collins

"It wouldn't have been my decision. I would have had Collins in there. But you know, you've got to remember, in these games, I think Collins would have won all four of these games, if he had played, starting against Detroit or the Rams, yeah. Because Colllins goes to the right place with the ball all the time. He doesn't have the same velocity that Jason's ball does, Jason has a big arm, but I'm just saying, he knows the offense and we've seen him do that before. But that's neither here nor there and it has nothing to do with what they are doing, and Jim Zorn will stick with Jason Campbell."

Archived