Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Todd Collins Time...TC15...needs to start.

RonJeremy

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I don't think that it's fun to laugh at anyone's failures when it costs us something (though I can't say I minded seeing the Cult finally STFU).

However, you can't just discount the playoff game like everyone else does. Collins performed horribly in the game that mattered most. That counts for something and can't just be thrown out because it's inconvenient for an argument.

So should we examine Jason Campbell's worst game and use that as evidence of anything?

You claim that Todd Collins of 2009 is worse than Jason Campbell of 2009. That is also based on nothing.

All comparisons, direct and indirect are in Todd Collins' favor.

I'll give Todd Collins credit though... In our last playoff game he threw the winning TD pass as well as the last two TD passes of the game.....

BOTH TO THE OTHER TEAM....

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

At least he got us there! Something your girl Jason could never do in her lifetime! :doh:

You JC lovers have only a few days or weeks left to sing all the love songs you can to her fat head on your wall, while she is still in a Redskins uniform. Write bye bye letters to her as well, because she won't be playing here ever again after this season!

Also, just like you say you didn't mind "seeing the Cult finally STFU", it'll definitely be a burden lifted when all the Campbell apologists will also STFU when the Redskins turn things around and start winning games.

Except they'll probably make some sorry ass excuses then, also.

Also, just like you say you didn't mind "seeing the Cult finally STFU", it'll definitely be a burden lifted when all the Campbell apologists will also STFU when the Redskins turn things around and start winning games.

Except they'll probably make some sorry ass excuses then, also.

The biggest burden of all will be cleared up when we see all the "JC Sucks" comments and threads gone...

See above..

How did I change my argument? Can you read? Todd Collins played on a historical level at a school that produces NFL QBs on the regular in a conference that is superior to the SEC in that regard.

Jason had ONE good year. Todd had two. How the hell does that make Jason's career better?

Jason was under a lot of criticism until his final year. One year, even a very good one does not cancel out two good years.

Your ASSERTION about Campbell's "career" is false and you making an assertion does not make it a fact. There is no fact. All of this is subjective. It's just that the context I provide makes my point of view more likely to be factual than yours.

Jason had 2 good seasons. MVP of 2 Bowl Games. SEC Player of the year. First team all SEC..... It's a FACT Jason had the superb COLLEGE career. I'm sure even the most blatant JC haters can admit to that.

However, you can't just discount the playoff game like everyone else does. Collins performed horribly in the game that mattered most. That counts for something and can't just be thrown out because it's inconvenient for an argument.

We WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN THERE if not for Collins. That's what you're overlooking. Hey, Brunell was much MUCH MUCH worse vs. Tampa and Seattle in the 2005 playoffs.

No one is discounting that game---it's just that he DID have us in position a couple of different ways. The same excuses you guys use for Campbell's 41 starts, you won't allow for Todd's ONE bad game.

And again, Cooley catch the ___ ball and Gibbs don't rely on Suisham---we win the stupid ____ game.

And 4-1 is a pretty good record. If we had just gone with Collins earlier when some of us were calling for it, maybe we get homefield for a game---maybe the game is easy and we move on.

I don't think anyone here would TAKE BACK the 2005 playoff run, just because we didn't win the SB, would they? So, the fact that we GOT TO THE PLAYOFFS after losing Sean and being under .500, is a pretty good thing. It seems like some of you want to discount getting to the playoffs and blame Todd when JAson hasn't done a goddamn thing here.

So should we examine Jason Campbell's worst game and use that as evidence of anything?

You claim that Todd Collins of 2009 is worse than Jason Campbell of 2009. That is also based on nothing.

All comparisons, direct and indirect are in Todd Collins' favor.

Huh? I'm just saying that Collins isn't infallible. Everyone keeps saying "4-0"!, but he's 4-1 and lost when it counts, and lost BIG. He's not superman like many say he is.

And it's as based on nothing as people calling for Collins to come in. The last game that Collins played was horrible, so he shouldn't come in!!!!

Sounds silly, right?

At he got us there! Something your girl Jason could never do in her lifetime! :doh:

Why are you calling him a girl? What does that even mean?

We WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN THERE if not for Collins. That's what you're overlooking. Hey, Brunell was much MUCH MUCH worse vs. Tampa and Seattle in the 2005 playoffs.

No one is discounting that game---it's just that he DID have us in position a couple of different ways. The same excuses you guys use for Campbell's 41 starts, you won't allow for Todd's ONE bad game.

And again, Cooley catch the ___ ball and Gibbs don't rely on Suisham---we win the stupid ____ game.

And 4-1 is a pretty good record. If we had just gone with Collins earlier when some of us were calling for it, maybe we get homefield for a game---maybe the game is easy and we move on.

I don't think anyone here would TAKE BACK the 2005 playoff run, just because we didn't win the SB, would they? So, the fact that we GOT TO THE PLAYOFFS after losing Sean and being under .500, is a pretty good thing. It seems like some of you want to discount getting to the playoffs and blame Todd when JAson hasn't done a goddamn thing here.

Huh? I discounted us getting to the playoffs?

I was just pointing out that game that seems to be forgotten.

I'm not anti-Collins and I'm very grateful for what he did, nor am I pro-Campbell.

Call off the hounds, man.

Huh? I'm just saying that Collins isn't infallible. Everyone keeps saying "4-0"!, but he's 4-1 and lost when it counts, and lost BIG. He's not superman like many say he is.

And it's as based on nothing as people calling for Collins to come in. The last game that Collins played was horrible, so he shouldn't come in!!!!

Sounds silly, right?

Basing your opinion on 5 games is better than basing your opinion 4 games is better than basing your opinion on 1 game.

Now please tell me what you're basing your opinion on that 2009 JC is better than 2009 Todd Collins? Do you have any logical reasoning behind this statement?

Do you have no opinion on the subject of this thread?

I'll repeat. My original statement was that Todd Collins threw 2 Touchdown passes to the opposing team in the last meaningful game he played in.

You later quoted my statement and said I am "misinformed".

So again I ask.... what part of my statement is false or misinformed?

I'll repeat. My original statement was that Todd Collins threw 2 Touchdown passes to the opposing team in the last meaningful game he played in.

You later quoted my statement and said I am "misinformed".

So again I ask.... what part of my statement is false or misinformed?

I said you have a misinformed opinion. When did I ever question your statement? Stop laughing at Redskins' playoff losses and learn to read.

At least he got us there! Something your girl Jason could never do in her lifetime! :doh:

You JC lovers have only a few days or weeks left to sing all the love songs you can to her fat head on your wall, while she is still in a Redskins uniform. Write bye bye letters to her as well, because she won't be playing here ever again after this season!

How old are you?

Basing your opinion on 5 games is better than basing your opinion 4 games is better than basing your opinion on 1 game.

Now please tell me what you're basing your opinion on that 2009 JC is better than 2009 Todd Collins? Do you have any logical reasoning behind this statement?

Why are you trying to fight with me? I'm just pointing out one game. I never, ever based my opinion on one game. I love what Collins did for us. He did a job that Campbell never could.

I think that Collins is a system quarterback that did extremely well in that system with no film on him. I don't think that he'd do better now in a new system at 37. I'm not going to argue it because it's been argued to death.

Go have a drink and calm down.

Why are you calling him a girl? What does that even mean?

It means he just can't stand him so instead of relying on logical arguments as to why he thinks he shouldn't be playing, he resorts to lowest common denominator attacks on the guy. Unfortunately it really isn't anything new. There are a handful of posters who do it on a pretty regular basis.

Why are you trying to fight with me? I'm just pointing out one game. I never, ever based my opinion on one game. I love what Collins did for us. He did a job that Campbell never could.

I think that Collins is a system quarterback that did extremely well in that system with no film on him. I don't think that he'd do better now in a new system at 37. I'm not going to argue it because it's been argued to death.

Go have a drink and calm down.

"Why are you trying to fight with me?"

You said 2009 Todd Collins is not better than 2009 Jason Campbell. I am asking you to elaborate on that statement. Quit being a baby and don't post statements that you have trouble backing up.

It means he just can't stand him so instead of relying on logical arguments as to why he thinks he shouldn't be playing, he resorts to lowest common denominator attacks on the guy. Unfortunately it really isn't anything new. There are a handful of posters who do it on a pretty regular basis.

Unfortunately, you're 100% right. I haven't attacked anyone in the past few weeks, and I'm being yelled at in every post that doesn't fit with others' arguments. I'm not a Campbell fan. I don't want Collins. Neither of them are gods or demons.

Why is being a moderate bad here?

"Why are you trying to fight with me?"

You said 2009 Todd Collins is not better than 2009 Jason Campbell. I am asking you to elaborate on that statement. Quit being a baby and don't post statements that you have trouble backing up.

Again, why are you trying to fight with me? Why are you resorting to name-calling when I explained myself in the very post you quoted? Why is it bad that I don't want to engage in the circular arguments that you seem to thrive on?

I said you have a misinformed opinion. When did I ever question your statement? Stop laughing at Redskins' playoff losses and learn to read.

You should stop trying to insult and go look at your own statments...

You said nothing of an opinion whatsoever. You said "misinformed ammo".

In the statement I made that you quoted, I said Todd Collins threw TD passes to the seahawks. Therefore, you're "misinformed ammo" statement HAD to be directed at that, since that was the only statement I made in my comment.

Maybe you should learn to read.

Again, why are you trying to fight with me? Why are you resorting to name-calling when I explained myself in the very post you quoted? Why is it bad that I don't want to engage in the circular arguments that you seem to thrive on?

Nobody is trying to "fight" with you, and it's apparent from your past few statements that you have thin skin and are being paranoid. If you're going to have such a difficult time to back up anything you say, or flat out refuse to, then don't say anything.

Nobody is trying to "fight" with you, and it's apparent from your past few statements that you have thin skin and are being paranoid. If you're going to have such a difficult time to back up anything you say, or flat out refuse to, then don't say anything.

You're trying to exert some sort of authority here and your word choice and syntax give the impression that you're very angry. I'm really sorry that this gets you so angry.

You also are repeatedly ignoring what I'm saying. I gave you my reasoning, but you are choosing to disregard it in an effort to continue this part of the conversation.

You should stop trying to insult and go look at your own statments...

You said nothing of an opinion whatsoever. You said "misinformed ammo".

In the statement I made that you quoted, I said Todd Collins threw TD passes to the seahawks. Therefore, you're "misinformed ammo" statement HAD to be directed at that, since that was the only statement I made in my comment.

Maybe you should learn to read.

"misinformed ammo to support Jason Campbell"

Instead of turning this into a PBS competition on who can read gooder, the fact that you take so much glee in Todd Collins' performance in a playoff game that he helped the Redskins get to in 2007 says a lot about what kind of biases you have.

You're trying to exert some sort of authority here and your word choice and syntax give the impression that you're very angry. I'm really sorry that this gets you so angry.

You also are repeatedly ignoring what I'm saying. I gave you my reasoning, but you are choosing to disregard it in an effort to continue this part of the conversation.

You don't think Todd Collins can do well in a new system and is no better than Jason Campbell, despite the fact that he and Jason Campbell have had the exact same amount of time in it.

That's what you call baseless statements.

If you worried as much about the actual content of posts, rather than someone's choice of words or syntax that make you feel bad, you might be able to put something better together to support your statements.

Archived