Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Todd Collins Time...TC15...needs to start.

RonJeremy

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

10 YEARS BETWEEN STARTS! 10 YEARS! THE MAN HAS BEEN A BACK UP QB FOR OVER A DECADE! DOES THAT TELL YOU MORONS ANYTHING?

Do any of you TC15-marks even remember Billy Back-ups last start? Seatle crushed us 35-14! Not much of an improvement if you ask me!

While Todd undoubtedly helped us open up the playbook at the end of the '07 season (because of his knowledge of Saunders' system), I think the rally to the play offs that year was more accredited to the death of Sean Taylor rather than the play of Stanley Second-string! Campbell may not be a superstar, but he's a far better athlete than Todd Collins. If you ask me, Collins should have been booted with his boy Al.

A-Holes? It's not a big reach to say that's just a tad over the line. My recommendation is for you not to cross that line again. And read your edited post.

Campbell may not be a superstar, but he's a far better athlete than Todd Collins. If you ask me, Collins should have been booted with his boy Al.
Really? And all this is based on what? Fact is Collins proved he can run an offense. Jason has so far shown he can't. Jason is only around because the Skins spent alot to get him. Did you see the Skins try to fill the hole in the off-season? That tells you what they think of him. The only logical reason that Collins is around is that he can actually play.

That career back up outplayed our starter. Does that tell you anything?

Do I need to post the numbers again to disprove this. He had a good 4 games. Here is the kicker: They were bettered by JC's first 4 games this year. TC had a healthier Oline and a dominant running game. JC has a crappy Oline and no running game. Yet you all think we would be better off with a noodle arm back up that is 37 years old under center. Oh, he is immobile, which equals 10 sacks behind our line.

Look, state of play of the entire team is substandard. Thinking that TC is gonna elevate this team to anything close to relevant is a bigger pipe dream than those that think JC is gonna make a Pro Bowl.

Really? And all this is based on what? Fact is Collins proved he can run an offense. Jason has so far shown he can't. Jason is only around because the Skins spent alot to get him. Did you see the Skins try to fill the hole in the off-season? That tells you what they think of him. The only logical reason that Collins is around is that he can actually play.

COLLINS PROVED HE KNEW AL SAUNDERS OFFENSE! The one he was a back up in for a decade. Hell, if I did something for a decade I guarantee I would be better at it than the dude that started last week. Al even said so, that he could finally open up the whole playbook.

Do I need to post the numbers again to disprove this. He had a good 4 games. Here is the kicker: They were bettered by JC's first 4 games this year. TC had a healthier Oline and a dominant running game. JC has a crappy Oline and no running game. Yet you all think we would be better off with a noodle arm back up that is 37 years old under center. Oh, he is immobile, which equals 10 sacks behind our line.

Look, state of play of the entire team is substandard. Thinking that TC is gonna elevate this team to anything close to relevant is a bigger pipe dream than those that think JC is gonna make a Pro Bowl.

COLLINS PROVED HE KNEW AL SAUNDERS OFFENSE! The one he was a back up in for a decade. Hell, if I did something for a decade I guarantee I would be better at it than the dude that started last week. Al even said so, that he could finally open up the whole playbook.

Just give up. They're mad at Campbell. Reality doesn't matter. Do I want Campbell as our quarterback? Nah, but I wouldn't take Collins over him, either.

Five games (Seattle does count) don't make a player. Let them think what they want to think and just go drink a beer knowing that they're wrong. What're they gonna do, haunt you from there? It's a messageboard. Just stop the discussion because there's no arguing with them.

According to all sources, Todd knows this offense too. How about paying attention to something besides sticking up for Campbell and you'd KNOW THAT.

NC21, what the hell is with that comment? You act like there's something to what Popeman is saying. But wait--you're not a Campbell defender. Whatever, man.

JASON HAS YET TO PROVE HE IS CAPABLE OF LEARNING ANY OFFENSE.

It's friggin football, not rocket science. Either you can play QB or you can't. After 3 years I know all I need to know about JC. Why do you need more time?

He outright said that Campbell wasn't good but that Collins wouldn't be better.

JASON HAS YET TO PROVE HE IS CAPABLE OF LEARNING ANY OFFENSE.

It's friggin football, not rocket science. Either you can play QB or you can't. After 3 years I know all I need to know about JC. Why do you need more time?

Out of that post, where did you get that popeman said JC needed more time?

Just wondering..

He outright said that Campbell wasn't good but that Collins wouldn't be better.
This logic is absurd. "Our starter sucks, but since I feel the backup is no better we should stay the course." Come on, I know Campbell love when I hear it.

For the record about 90% of the guys in here are not in the tank for TC, they just want to see if it's Zorn or Campbell, or both. Only one way to find out.

This logic is absurd. "Our starter sucks, but since I feel the backup is no better we should stay the course." Come on, I know Campbell love when I hear it.

For the record about 90% of the guys in here are not in the tank for TC, they just want to see if it's Zorn or Campbell, or both. Only one way to find out.

Clearly you don't know love when you hear it.

I don't want Collins in because he's not better than Campbell.

Want to play your fun game at EVERY position to see if the back up is better? That'll work out really well.

Collins in 2009 is not better than Campbell in 2009. NOBODY is good behind this line.

I can't wait until the end of the season so that both of them will be gone and we can just copy and paste our posts and replace the names! :silly:

If we lose to KC this weekend, I don't see how we make the playoffs with Atlanta, New York, Dallas twice, Philadelphia twice, New Orleans, San Diego, and Denver left on the schedule.

There is no way in hell we win eight more with that schedule. Stranger things have happened, but I could also walk in and buy the winning ticket in the California lottery, too.

If nothing else, putting in Todd (after the bye week, perhaps) will at least make this season interesting again.

I don't care if Jason was the MVP of the Shangri-La team. I watched both players play. Jason had one solid year and Todd was QB for two years and was a good player. He's right up there in passer efficiency rating in Big 10 history and let me just let you in on a secret:

Big 10 and Midwest Qbs have had a lot more success in the league and are better QBs than the SEC. Only the Manning brothers truly stand out as exceptions.

Brady, Griese, Harbaugh, Grbac. Michigan has churned out pro QB after pro Qb, some better than others but almost all earning a place in the league for years. That's just Michigan players, let alone Purdue (brees), Indiana (Trent Green) and the like.

I'm telling you, having watched both, Todd Collins was a good college QB and he played in an exceedingly good, NON-DILUTED era and was a better player than Jason Campbell. He was a top historical QB (not THe top at Michigan but up there) and has the highest completion pct in Michigan career, is third in efficiency rating---and just another thing--Michigan's historical record with QBs is VASTLY superior to the modern era of Auburn. Agree?

Todd Collins is also superior in his mental grasp of the game, and that's not disputed on the team or in the league.

Can you stop changing your argument? You said Todd Collins had the better college career and you were wrong. I don't know what any of what you just typed has to do with the fact that Jason Campbell had a far superior college career to Todd Collins.

Hmm.. When did he win the National Championship??? I don't think you have your facts right

This is the past 11 years

2008 Florida BCS

2007 Louisiana State BCS

2006 Florida BCS

2005 Texas BCS

2004 Southern California BCS

2003 Louisiana State BCS

2002 Ohio State BCS

2001 Miami (Fla.) BCS

2000 Oklahoma BCS

1999 Florida State BCS

1998 Tennessee

Auburn and USC shared the 2004 Championship.

and I would be able to go to a game

You and me both T-Bread, many great things would start happening for this offense and team as soon as TC comes in. Many people would notice how terrible JC really is, and how TC don't take the sacks that JC does because he get's rid of the ball, and to many different receivers. He doesn't hold it lost like JC does.

A switch would flip on in this offense, all of our receivers would start getting involved in the offense, and defenses would be in trouble when that starts happening. We will start winning, and then could play with any team on our remaining schedule.

If Zorn doesn't make this change this week, I want him fired! That already shows he's either too stupid or too soft to lead a team. I don't give a damn what any JC lover declares, this would be the team we all hoped for and expected when Collins takes over and this offensive playbook opens wide up, just like it did in 07.

Winning changes everything, and might even save Zorns future and job, but let Zorn keep putting his future in the hands of a retarded QB who couldn't out score a high school team, and he WILL get what he deserves very soon! I'm already pissed for losing to KC this Sunday, and hearing the same old excuses by Zorn and Campbell, how their getting it together and will be just fine. If we lose to KC, fire Zorn and Campbell on the spot Danny!

Holy Sheet I would love to take JC deer hunting soon, just mention football and he looks like a deer caught in the head lights, to the point that they would even tag his ear! Problem is solved and the playoff run is back on baby :point2sky

I'll give Todd Collins credit though... In our last playoff game he threw the winning TD pass as well as the last two TD passes of the game.....

BOTH TO THE OTHER TEAM....

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I'm glad you enjoy losing in the playoffs so much, just as long as it helps give you misinformed ammo to support Jason Campbell. Are you a fan of the Redskins, or are you a fan of Campbell?

I'm glad you enjoy losing in the playoffs so much, just as long as it helps give you misinformed ammo to support Jason Campbell. Are you a fan of the Redskins, or are you a fan of Campbell?

I don't think that it's fun to laugh at anyone's failures when it costs us something (though I can't say I minded seeing the Cult finally STFU).

However, you can't just discount the playoff game like everyone else does. Collins performed horribly in the game that mattered most. That counts for something and can't just be thrown out because it's inconvenient for an argument.

You said Todd Collins had the better college career and you were wrong. I don't know what any of what you just typed has to do with the fact that Jason Campbell had a far superior college career to Todd Collins.

How did I change my argument? Can you read? Todd Collins played on a historical level at a school that produces NFL QBs on the regular in a conference that is superior to the SEC in that regard.

Jason had ONE good year. Todd had two. How the hell does that make Jason's career better?

Jason was under a lot of criticism until his final year. One year, even a very good one does not cancel out two good years.

Your ASSERTION about Campbell's "career" is false and you making an assertion does not make it a fact. There is no fact. All of this is subjective. It's just that the context I provide makes my point of view more likely to be factual than yours.

Archived