Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Todd Collins Time...TC15...needs to start.

RonJeremy

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Good points akorn. In contrast, I'm optimistic that our Qb can fix your earlier mentioned problems of him, for the sake of our season. What other options do we have? I think its impulsive to judge JC's season on this one game. I made the same mistake after the 1st giants game last year. I vividly remember telling all my friends to fire zorn, campbell, the o-line, and every player over the age of 32. But 7 games later in the 2008 season, i was completely in love with everything the redskins were doing. I'm just hoping we can learn from this most recent game, make adjustments and significant progress throughout the season and more importantly, sustain it. The giants are one of the most physically dominating teams in the league, and their defense def. showed it today. I'm not advocating JC as our team's future franchise quarterback, but with our options available i truly believe that he gives us the best chance to win on Sunday. He deserves this year, and if it doesn't go well, then that's fine. He's a free agent 10' and our new coaching staff can begin implementing your plan of finding a better QB.

it doesnt list your age so i don;t know how old you are or how long you;ve been a fan of the team. I've been a fan 17 years and only witnessed 3 playoff appearances. could be worse, but it's pretty sad. At this point i;m impatient. I really can't wait 5 years for campbell to try and learn fundamentals of quarterbacking. If you don;t have them after 4 years in the league, you really shoudn;t be playing. And what i fear worse, is that he may show enough to warrant resigning (which will probably be his receivers making him look good rather then him actually being good) and our team wasting more time with campbell wasting a roster spot rather then finding/developing our franchise qb who will eventually allow me to witness a redskins super bowl. maybe i'm just frustrated with the fact that i've waited all offseason for today, watched our team build a ton of offensive talent only to see its capabilites held back by our qb who seems to be at a plateu of his development. I really just want a qb with some idea of how to play the position (collins) to be put in just so that i can have something to be kind of excited about. then next year, we can try out brennan, or woodson, or any other qb we may decide to go after.

I'm reasonably sure there's a thread around here that this can be merged with...

It's one game people. Come on.

I suppose we should bench Moss and demote Kelly because of their lack of production and, on Moss' part, pure idiocy.

and here's one of the many mod wanna be's. if you don;t like the thread then don;t post in it. fyi, this is a merged thread already. I'm all for as many campbell threads as possible. the more threads to get our frustrations out the better.

and here's one of the many mod wanna be's. if you don;t like the thread then don;t post in it. fyi, this is a merged thread already. I'm all for as many campbell threads as possible. the more threads to get our frustrations out the better.

I'm just saying you're beating a dead horse.

And you don't bench your starter after one game.

[EDIT] And the thread title didn't say merged so Excuse Me.

I'm just saying you're beating a dead horse.

And you don't bench your starter after one game.

[EDIT] And the thread title didn't say merged so Excuse Me.

this is a message board. nothing said on here by anyone will ever be listened to by coaches, gm's or anyone who matters on a team. It's just a place to talk or vent about aspects of the redskins. So as long as there is an issue to talk about, people will just keep talking about it. they will keep saying their points and trying to convince others of their point of view. Then eventually one group will be proven right and they can brag about being correct and look like they did something to help the team. that's how message boards work. if campbell was amazing, we'd all post multiple threads about how good he and our team is, but that's not the case.

it doesnt list your age so i don;t know how old you are or how long you;ve been a fan of the team. I've been a fan 17 years and only witnessed 3 playoff appearances. could be worse, but it's pretty sad. At this point i;m impatient. I really can't wait 5 years for campbell to try and learn fundamentals of quarterbacking. If you don;t have them after 4 years in the league, you really shoudn;t be playing. And what i fear worse, is that he may show enough to warrant resigning (which will probably be his receivers making him look good rather then him actually being good) and our team wasting more time with campbell wasting a roster spot rather then finding/developing our franchise qb who will eventually allow me to witness a redskins super bowl. maybe i'm just frustrated with the fact that i've waited all offseason for today, watched our team build a ton of offensive talent only to see its capabilites held back by our qb who seems to be at a plateu of his development. I really just want a qb with some idea of how to play the position (collins) to be put in just so that i can have something to be kind of excited about. then next year, we can try out brennan, or woodson, or any other qb we may decide to go after.

I'm 23 and have been a redskins fan for about the same amount of time. With that being said, as redskins fans, i think we're all equally frustrated and disappointed about the stagnant state of the franchise. From what i understand, your solution is to bench and eventually cut JC now to be replaced by Collins until we find or develop "the one". Do you seriously think the Collins can do a better job than JC? It seems to me that the Collins hype is a classic case of the backup quarterback being the fan's favorite. Collins takes no responsibility while sitting on the bench, and if the team struggles, then most of the blame falls on the starting qb, and the backup becomes the savior or better option. Its hard for me to imagine that Collins beats the Giants today by the way the team played. What if Collins did play and threw an interception or fumbled the ball? Would he be subject to the same response as JC? Would there be a quarterback carousel based on who doesn't have a winning game or a good performance? In no way do i intend to undermine or offend your opinion but i stongly think that TC isn't as good as JC, and to replace starters now would be devasting for the season.

Put TC in and least this way we can somewhat enjoy rest of the season. With that said:

It is funny I have being saying this since last season (even when we were 6-2) and have been ridiculed for supporting the Cult of Colt. The fact is it wasn't that I like Colt more then JC it was a fact that I knew JC wasn't going to be any better this year even with his so called second year in the same offense mantra from some of you.

Whether Colt would have been a better starter or not was not the argument. It was JC is not. Period. It really sucks that Colt got hurt and we have to wait yet another season to find out if Colt is any good. Such is life I guess.

Edit: I would have never put Colt on IR. So I could use his services later in the season if the season was a total lose. Maybe it was Vinny who suggested we put Colt on IR to have an extra spot on O. If it was a FO decision then this is all one can do :doh:

Thanks for the compliment about my knowledge..So if Campbell cant cut it do you honestly think 50yr old Collins can?? Freakin incredible how unsmart some of you Skins fans (or so called fans) are.. Talk to me in week 4 and see if you feel the same way..Oh and in between that time please catch-up on knowing the game of football!!!

This is coming from a guy who defended Jason Campbell. Check my post history. Jason Campbell SUCKS! Just for fun we will count his garbage time TD as real. If he steps up in the pocket instead of holding the ball too long, Osi doesn't get a TD and we win. Jason Campbell could have also kept running instead of throwing the ball beyond the LOS. And to answer your question about Todd Collins replacing Jason Campbell, it won't be the first time. Refer to 2007 season.

I didn't like the situations he was placed into today. You can't fault him for constantly being put in third down situations. This was all on Jim Zorn being a moron and calling the same run play to the left when it clearly wasn't working. Campbell actually impressed me with a lot of his third down throws.

Did he impress you when he checked down to the running play on 3rd and 8?

Start Collins for this year? He's a good QB, but he's not a playmaker, either. And he's got NO mobility to speak of. Sure, Campbell got sacked a couple of times today, but with Collins' lack of mobility, our line would have given up 5 or 6 sacks.

And then, what if Collins retires? Then we're left with one QB on the roster, period and have to start a rookie behind a line that's not getting any younger. o.o

Start TC. Won't change anything. Run left, Run left, and Pass on 3rd and long is not how you make a great offense.

We look like a team coached by some lousy QB coach, oh wait we are.

That is the biggest issue. SO even though I am a Campbell supporter I want TC in just so we can all see why we went 2-6 last 8 games last year.

JIM ZORN

That should be where the anger is today.

Start Collins for this year? He's a good QB, but he's not a playmaker, either. And he's got NO mobility to speak of. Sure, Campbell got sacked a couple of times today, but with Collins' lack of mobility, our line would have given up 5 or 6 sacks.

And then, what if Collins retires? Then we're left with one QB on the roster, period and have to start a rookie behind a line that's not getting any younger. o.o

At least Todd knows how to step up in the pocket and has a quicker release

At least Todd knows how to step up in the pocket and has a quicker release

Shouldn't be an issue. Mistakes happen but why is every pas on 3rd and long. The defense knows we are passing and comes after us.

What about Eli? He fumbled as well when he held the ball to long.

Even Big Ben stunk up a half. Even threw a stupid pick.

Both got to pass on first down. And make up for those mistakes. Not Campbell. Run left, Run left, Pass against a ll out blitz on 3rd and long.

So play Todd. Go ahead. What ever it will take to get the fan base to see the real issue. Our pathetic coaching staff.

Shouldn't be an issue. Mistakes happen but why is every pas on 3rd and long. The defense knows we are passing and comes after us.

Both got to pass on first down. And make up for those mistakes. Not Campbell. Run left, Run left, Pass against a ll out blitz on 3rd and long.

So play Todd. Go ahead. What ever it will take to get the fan base to see the real issue. Our pathetic coaching staff.

Oh also forgot Eli was picked and it was returned to their 11.

But lets skew Campbell any way. Cause I am sure Zorn will call plays so much differently with Todd Collins in.

Why do people continue to insist on comparing Jason with quarterbacks that have super bowl rings? Eli and Ben get it done, Jason has never gotten it done. You are allowed to make mistakes when you continually take your team to the playoffs and beyond.

Why do people continue to insist on comparing Jason with quarterbacks that have super bowl rings? Eli and Ben get it done, Jason has never gotten it done. You are allowed to make mistakes when you continually take your team to the playoffs and beyond.

i wasn't comparing. Just showing that 2 qbs had big mistakes but they fought through them to win.

Why and how?

1 they threw on first down. The coaches adjusted the game plan.

We ran left, ran left than passed on 3rd and long. Yet ignore the fumble and int that gave us great field position and the ultra conservative play calls that followed them.

See those are called facts. And why I support playing TC. So that the real facts can be shown. Our play calling is the problem.

But it is cool. Only the mistakes of Campbell matter right?

Right and the coaching staff had 4 balls knocked down, threw the ball over the line for a pick and audibled to a run on 3rd and 8.

Tell you what St. Louis is not a push over game and if they look at it that way it might be the end for Jason and Zorn.

He has absolutely no feel for the game of football is my biggest problem...Cannon of an arm but the intangibles arent there and you cant teach them...watching Forcier play for Michigan vs Notre Dame was inspiring...18 yr old kid just new how to make plays and had a feel for the pocket...Campbell seems like a great person with high moral character but he is not very good right now!

Right and the coaching staff had 4 balls knocked down, threw the ball over the line for a pick and audibled to a run on 3rd and 8.

Tell you what St. Louis is not a push over game and if they look at it that way it might be the end for Jason and Zorn.

1. evidence it was a audible?

2. Ignoring the run left, run left, pass on 3rd and long in a all out rush right?

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=290913019&period=1

1st and 10 at WAS 31 (5:50) C.Portis left end to WAS 34 for 3 yards(K.Phillips).

2nd and 7 at WAS 34 (5:10) C.Portis left tackle to WAS 33 for -1 yards (C.Canty, C.Blackburn).

Timeout #1 by WAS at 04:22.

3rd and 8 at WAS 33 (4:22) L.Betts right guard to WAS 31 for -2 yards (M.Johnson).

3. Making a football game down to 1 play is bs. Eli has 2 costly turn overs. No blame campbell and lay non on the play calling is stupid.

Did Campbell make some mistakes? Yes. But he can only call the plays called. And when we are so predictable that we will run left, than left than pass what do you expect.

And I am for what ever will help us win. But the biggest issue is we have a QB Coach as our Head Coach. I would rather be talking bout Campbell throwing 4 ints and screwing us than seeing run left, run left, pass on 3rd and long. That is my only point.

No matter who our QB is we will struggle with Zorn. That is my point. We need a real Head Coach who will decide who our Qb should be. Campbell, the team and us the fans deserve better from the coaches.

Archived