Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Capitalism: A Love Story... The Movie.

WhoRUSupposed2Be

I'm thoroughly astonished at the phenomenon known as Michael Moore. Here is a guy who has hoodwinked a lot of people into believing he is genuine. I honestly think he doesn't give a rat's ass about anything he makes in terms of movies, it's all a means to an end.

he really is a genius: make a movie decrying the concept of freedom of markets while using that very concept on multiple levels in order to make cash off of it. ****ing brilliant and I'm not exaggerating.

Ponpous, arrogant, yet thin-skinned. Don't get WHY he's so popular.

Also maybe a bit of jealousy (hell, I wish I had HIS money and his wife).

Lol, he's on the radio man. That comes with the territory. I think they're all a bit pompous, arrogant and thin-skinned. I'm a bit of a radiophile and I still say he's the best I've ever heard. Nothing else ever made me literally LOL as much as he did.

And I actually think his wife is a bit overrated.

I'm a bit of a radiophile and I still say he's the best I've ever heard. Nothing else ever made me literally LOL as much as he did.

Rome / O&A / Kornheiser / Petros & Money, all better and funnier than Hoo hoo

Opie and Anthony are much funnier then Stern. I haven't laughed to Stern once. Not once. But that's a topic for another day.

The main point Moore wants to make, the thing that drives him craziest, is his notion that capitalism, far from being a system that rewards excellence, is a scheme set up to make a profit on absolutely anything. He fears it has in recent decades turned American society into a culture that says money is the only value, and he has a number of cases he wants to use to make his point. These include:

* The scandal surrounding a for-profit juvenile detention center in Wilkes-Barre, Pa., in which two judges got millions of dollars in kickbacks from the owners for sending more than a thousand juveniles to the establishment.

* The little-noticed portion of the congressional testimony of Chesley B. "Sully" Sullenberger III, the US Airways pilot who miraculously landed his plane on New York's Hudson River, who told legislators that his pay has been cut 40% in recent years and his pension terminated.

* The strategy of major firms to take out life insurance policies on their employees -- known in the trade as "dead peasant insurance" -- that pays off to the companies, not to the employees' survivors.

Though he started on "Capitalism" before last year's Wall Street meltdown, Moore delves into that collapse as well.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-et-capitalism23-2009sep23,0,178374.story

Ponpous, arrogant, yet thin-skinned. Don't get WHY he's so popular.

Also maybe a bit of jealousy (hell, I wish I had HIS money and his wife).

And before you say useless w/o pics:

beth+ostrosky.jpeg

And he bash capitalism. Does this dude think she is married to him for his looks. C'mon Michael, let's get back to reality..

And as a capitalist pig I agree with this, religion shouldn't be linked to capitalism.

I don't agree with the clergymen, or bishop that capitalism is evil at all, I'm all for it, but I believe that mixing capitalism and religion could become a very bad thing.

Lol, he's on the radio man. That comes with the territory. I think they're all a bit pompous, arrogant and thin-skinned. I'm a bit of a radiophile and I still say he's the best I've ever heard. Nothing else ever made me literally LOL as much as he did.

And I actually think his wife is a bit overrated.

Spot on man.

The Stern Show at it's best is the funniest stuff I've ever heard on the radio. I'm going to be pissed when it goes off the air because my morning commute will feel about 100x longer . . . and yes . . . Beth O is INCREDIBILY overrated. (Obviously, I understand that she's probably hotter than whoever my wife turns out to be but comparable to what Stern could have gotten she is very average IMHO)

ACW, have you ever actually listened to Stern other than small doses?

I liked Sicko. The thing that bothered me was the reaction people had to it.

It exposed how the government has helped to increase the costs we pay, yet somehow most folks seem to have taken from it, that we need more government involvement.

I don't get it.

He has been able to do that with a lot of his movies IMO.

Charlton Heston should have shot his fat ass.

I wonder when he'll make a movie that blames somebody else for his amazing fatness.

Considering his last movie nearly pushed me over the edge in less than 15 minutes, I doubt I'll be getting my popcorn ready for this next load of crap.

Charlton Heston should have shot his fat ass.

Having just watched "Ben Hur" tonight for the millionth time, that made me LOL.

Michale Moore isn't agitating to remove the free market, private enterprise, and division of labor. He has always opposed "Big Business" and run-away capitalism that abuses the working and consumer class. This is the sort of capitalism that arises from government-sanctioned monopolies, created by a Congressional-lobbyist-business relationship.

Desiring a free enterprise economy does not mean we have to accept all abuses of the business world. If that were true, then the private world would run everything.

Why don't they?

Moore's movies are more his own thoughts, than facts. He uses facts and bends them the way he wants to to read

Example in sicko, insinuating Cuba's free health care is better than ours. What good is free health care if they do not have the stuff to treat you

In bowling for Colubine, he ambushed a senile old Charlton Heston and made K-Mart out as a villian for selling legal ammo

He is the Anne Coulter of the left

Michale Moore isn't agitating to remove the free market, private enterprise, and division of labor. He has always opposed "Big Business" and run-away capitalism that abuses the working and consumer class. This is the sort of capitalism that arises from government-sanctioned monopolies, created by a Congressional-lobbyist-business relationship.

Desiring a free enterprise economy does not mean we have to accept all abuses of the business world. If that were true, then the private world would run everything.

Why don't they?

Despite Moore's reputation, based on what I've seen, I actually agree with this. A lot of folks will paint him as some sort of borderline Communist, but I actually think - at least before seeing his latest film - that he's more of a Teddy Roosevelt-ish anti-corporatist type. Which, I believe, is a position that's much easier to defend.

• 10 months later...

Archived