Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who is going to return punts this season

redskin301

I don't think it's smart to put your #1 receiver back there and risk fatigue and injury. Randle El obviously can't get the job done. So my vote goes to Devin Thomas. He did well returning kickoffs and has experience in punt returns as well. We just need someone who can run upfield and not look like a contestant on Dancing with the Stars.

It's going to be Rock for sure. He may be supported by Marko Mitchell and Devin Thomas.

rock??? PUNT RETURN? i hope you read that wrong and thought it was kickoffs. rock can not return punts. he doesnt have the moves.

was hoping dorsey would be kept to do that..guess not. stupid stupid. its gonna be el back there again. sigh.

With Dorsey getting cut my guess is that Randle El will again be the primary punt returner, with Moss coming in for spot duty.

Not sure why some are arguing that D. Thomas might get a chance at returning punts. He didn't return any punts in preseaon, just kicks. Pretty sure he was just a kick returner at MSU and not a punt returner, but will have to check on that. Unlike El, Moss, D. Hall, and Tryon, DT just doesn't have the experience returning punts. I like him on kick returns, though.

I hope its Danny Smith, knock some sense into that man!

I really don't want to see ARE back there AGAIN. I hope anyone takes that responsibility away, but I don't think the coaches have anyone picked out.

DT's never done it on the Skins, doesn't mean he can't but I don't know that they're going to throw him out there.

Mason and Rock have never done it and I'd be shocked if they are out there, ever.

I'm just hoping DT can take over the kickoff return duties. Then maybe we can actually be a threat on that side, even if we have to suffer through ARE's punt return version of the electric slide.

What i find hard to believe is that none has VOLUNTEERED to play PR. If you only get spot duty, what better way to get regular playing time with ball in your hands is to play special teams. Tryon, Thomas, Mason, or Rock should be BEGGING Dan Smith to catch punts.

See: Joe Theismann

Archived