Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

10 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Mark Murphy of the packers said the 3 finalists for the 2024 draft are Green Bay, Detroit, and DC. They expect to hear by league meetings at the end of March at the latest 

please, PLEASEEEE pick DC!!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Another free agent quarterback is now off the available chart- radio report this morning that Teddy Bridgewater will be Broncos starting quarterback

Lmaooo they want to find their franchise QB, then start bridgewater AGAIN? Are they stupid? 

23 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Lmaooo they want to find their franchise QB, then start bridgewater AGAIN? Are they stupid? 

Not sure if you watched any of our games or paid attention the last few decades, but QB is really really hard to find, so if you have a vet that knows your system and plan to draft a rookie, it's a pretty great position to be in to bring in that vet.

We're over here hoping for Trubisky or Mariotta and you think they're stupid, huh? Yikes.

26 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Not sure if you watched any of our games or paid attention the last few decades, but QB is really really hard to find, so if you have a vet that knows your system and plan to draft a rookie, it's a pretty great position to be in to bring in that vet.

We're over here hoping for Trubisky or Mariotta and you think they're stupid, huh? Yikes.

It IS possible to think both the Broncos AND commanders are stupid at the same time :) both things can be true 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yo...if we trade Scary Terry, I'm gonna drive up to Ashburn and slap people until I feel better...

Like, I'm at the acceptance stage of grief concerning the offseason right...but that...that I'd voluntarily move back to anger and jus stay there a while...

200 (5).gif

22 hours ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Just read the Team 980 will not be carrying the games on Sundays.  They could not reach agreement on a deal with The Danny.

Does anyone care at this point?  The radio team was not real strong

It isn’t the radio team that’s going away though is it? They’ll still be able to be heard on the new radio station? 

OMG, y'all...I got a good giggle on the way home.

Guys talking on the radio about how the Falcons had Vick and Ryan, "not too shabby compared to other teams who are always searching for a QB".  They talk about the Bears, Jets, etc...then one says "Look at the WFT, now the Commanders!  They'll have 3 more nicknames before they get another good QB!" 

• Like 1

Dis this the vent thread?

I don't want a cornerback taken with our first. In fact I am tired of our approach to drafting. If we take a corner, he won't be used to his strengths. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. It was painful watching LOS and the famous useless carlos cushion his entire career. He was so stunned the few times he was near the ball when it was thrown he wasn't expecting it and it'd bounce off his facemask. Yeah I know, he needed glasses. We pick up street DBs at the end of every year and they look as good as the all star we overdrafted/overpaid for.

Taking BPA is great. When it works. Same with DL - we can draft a DL with our first every year and our DL is still a failure. Getting read and run over all season is painful e.g they should be 1 gap attacking more often than not but instead are 2 gapping rushing in their lanes no stunts rarely a blitz maybe bring 1 whoopdie ****ing doo while our corners play off and the D gets gouged every damn year. Why didn't we trade any of the surplus DL/F7 we over accumulated because they were BPA??

Taking "athletes" needs to be abandoned. As does always trading down; thinking quantity > quality.  I am happy to never draft a guard at 5 ever again. I could go on including we rarely even draft a QB. How many have we drafted in the past 2 decades, maybe 5? 2 in the same year, of course. 

• Like 1