Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

Bob Costas to be on UP with Steve Kornacki momentarily: a preview has been mentioning our current name dilemma.

Hail!

Think I've heard enough expounding by Costas on the subject. Just one of the many reasons I miss the good old days, where media didn't broadcast (no pun intended) their bias.

In bound likely media (PFT) talking point...

PFT posted this quote from George Atallah from the Hollywood Reporter. I'm going to actually link to the Hollywood Reporter and paraphrase what PFT said, because I don't want to give FlorioSUCKS any hits.

“Frankly, we don’t have a comprehensive data set yet,” Atallah told the Hollywood Reporter. “But here’s anecdotally what we’ve heard from our members: Players who have good coaches don’t mind the Thursday night games because the coaches give them enough time to rest from the Sunday games. And players who have bad coaches don’t like Thursday night games because they are not able to recover physically.”

LINK

In the PFT piece they continually paraphrase Atallah by suggesting players who don't give the proper rest are not "Smart" or don't "learn", etc.

Now you'll notice something strange here. The hollywood reporter's piece is just one part of something said by RG3, the PFT piece doesn't mention RG3.

Why? Here's my guess.

PFT is going to post this story up by Michael David Smith. Then, sometime tonight or tomorrow FlorioSUCKS will come by with an entirely different article focusing on RG3's comments and then use MDS's column to justify that this is just another veiling attempt by RG3 to throw Shanahan under the bus this off season which will do a wonderful job sending the media monkeys in this town into yet another "Is Griffin a Diva" whirlwind.

I went to the pool today and I'm so burnt that if the Skins made me their mascot they could keep the name and all the lawsuits would be dropped.  

My 11 year old daughter gave me the idea.  It's so bad my color-blind son could see the difference.  No kidding. 

I can't find the thread about first player to screw up in the lull before camp, and my prediction of one Fred Davis is a candidate to take 2nd place. Being out of the league may cause issues in the race for the coveted 2nd place prize of stoopid. Apparently there is a crimesolvers reward of sorts offered to help find him.

More via CBSLocal here

TMZ may want to assign someone to him pronto

According to the report, the woman says she went out to have a cigarette and Davis followed -- and at one point grabbed a handful of dirt and flowers from a hanging planter and THREW it at the woman's torso. 

The woman claims she went inside the restaurant to grab a ketchup bottle so she could squirt Davis -- but someone stopped her before she could fire the red stuff. 

Moments later, the woman claim Davis told her ... "I'm gonna slap you 'cause you fakin. Your friend looks like 2 Chainz."

Edited by RandyHolt

With my 1000th post, I would like to share the following:

• F Dallas
  • F Mara
  • RG3 will be pro bowl caliber this year
  • Morris will eclipse the 1500 yard mark
  • Our defense will be ranked 17th
  • HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Like 3

With my 1000th post...HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I always like seeing guys get to the 1k mark.  Especially when we've been here long enough that people become recognizable.  Always like your POV, stick around (unlike some guys who his 10k and are never heard from again lol).

As a fair haired and fair skinned Irish-German person of decent, I've felt that pain many o'time. I hate wearing sunscreen....

Off to the pool with the kids again.  This time, I will not be forgetting the sunblock.  lol

Edited by jflow78
  • Like 1

Here is a fun story. My friend is a huge dolphins fan. One day he is doing work at a guys house here on island and he's wearing a fins hat and shirt. Guy who owns the house says remember that Superbowl where that kicker beat the fins ass? My friend replies yes. The home owner goes, I'm that guy, Mark mosley, know why I told you that? Because I'm still a bad ass. Haha

He has a nice house here on island. I think I've met him.

• Like 2

Maybe the reason we kept Pat White last year was because Kyle had not evolved the offense to be efficient without the threat of the QB running.

We all saw plain as day for the first month or 2 of the season, RG3 could not even turn the corner on a defensive lineman.

Pat White was kept around for a few games as insurance, particularly so if RG3 needed more time to heal fully, started on PUP, got reinjured, etc.

Kyle's offensive game plan for 2013 required a running QB. Its like he had no idea how badly RG3 got injured in January.

Even Cousins was meh. 

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I want to see Gruden communicate to RG3 the first play of game, before RG3 runs out to the huddle. Twice in 2012 including in our playoff game, we had to burn a timeout on the first play of the game because of a crap communication system. 

It was evident to me that Kyle did not communicate to RG3, nor did he trust him to be a big boy and call Morris run / garcon pass in a failed radio event, and also showed me Kyle was a poor game day coach, having no provision for a failed headset. 

I would like Gruden to have at the ready, a few Chip Reed patented play call cards to hold up to use for emergency communication, or simply, have a plan. Like trust the QB. 

Of course, I would love to see the headsets removed altogether and the QB make play calls. I have yet to see how the game has improved since their implementation, and it also kills home field advantage, something all teams play for all year long. It lets the OC control the game more than I prefer. No one pays to see the OC. 

/rant 

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1