Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Annual "Where Do I Watch Games Thread"

NewCliche21

On 9/22/2021 at 10:35 PM, BleedBNG said:

I'm assuming it's because the Saints are in their division so the Panther fans can root for the Patriots.

So I kept in mind your theory for this week's WFT game in the SE region of NC

And as Atlanta (apparently another TV rival in this area besides the Panthers) plays at a different time, plus the fact that we now play those Saints you referred to, who are a divisional rival of the primary Panthers team in this area, I thought FOR SURE, they'd show our WFT-Saints game here.

But not - its Miami vs Tampa Bay.

The only logical reasoning for that, is since they seem to consider Atlanta as the secondary team in southern NC, that actually Atlanta's divisional rivals like Tampa get preference over us.

So here in SE Carolina, the TV priority seems to go like this :

Carolina Panthers game

Panthers' Divisional Rivals' games

Atlanta's game

Atlanta's Divisional Rivals' games

So pretty much, we NEVER get the game, unless we play the Panthers.

Even when we played the Falcons, we didn't get them. Because apparently they deferred to the 2nd level on my list, last Sunday, and went with the Saints's game.

Yet we can't get the Saints game this Sunday.

None of it makes sense.

It sucks to try to watch WFT on Sunday afternoons, living in Southeast Carolina. We basically never get WFT unless it's against Carolina.

• Sad 1

I'm really not very good at doing something like this, but is there any way I could hold this phone on record while pointing it at the tv channel, cable CBS 13, at my place, according to that map, and people on here could see and hear anything?

3 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

None of it makes sense.

It sucks to try to watch WFT on Sunday afternoons, living in Southeast Carolina. We basically never get WFT unless it's against Carolina.

According to the map above... Saints vs. WFT on... CBS?

In any case the better market for the Eastern Carolinas would be the Saints and WFT. The Miami-TB game will be a snoozer, so why make anyone north of FLA have to suffer?

3 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

In any case the better market for the Eastern Carolinas would be the Saints and WFT. The Miami-TB game will be a snoozer, so why make anyone north of FLA have to suffer?

Yea, just Central Carolina gets the game though. Neither Western nor Eastern Carolina gets it.

Eastern Carolina always gets treated like they're part of Georgia, week after week.

I even wrote to my local station about it a couple years ago. They responded. But not with anything noteworthy.

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Yea, just Central Carolina gets the game though. Neither Western nor Eastern Carolina gets it.

Eastern Carolina always gets treated like they're part of Georgia, week after week.

I even wrote to my local station about it a couple years ago. They responded. But not with anything noteworthy.

I keep forgetting that CBS and FOX are mixing the NFC-AFC games up. But yeah, it's weird that they split up the Carolinas and what's worse, add them as part of Georgia. Must be something like a Savannah demarcation line or something. 

• Like 1

I know a lot of people want to watch the game live, but I really enjoy Gameday. I pay around $100 a year and you receive all of the games as soon as they are over. So, if Washington Futbawl Team plays the early game, I’m CT, I start watching around 4-5p.m. when I eat dinner. I fast forward through the commercials an its great. 

they even have short cuts of the game a couple of hours later. You can watch the whole game in about 40 min. I typically don’t do this because I like watching the activity leading up to the plays. However, I do watch other teams this way 

this gives me my whole Sunday to do whatever it is I need to do and catch the game later. I have to avoid sports until after the game, but that’s not an issue if you don’t go online. Plus, it works if you are friendless such as I. 

I do hate the app however, but for the most part I can do what I need to do with minimal annoyance. It’s run by the NFL and All games come in clearly. You do get to watch the preseason live though.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, BleedBNG said:

Tom Brady = Ratings.  That's the bottom line.  No one outside WFT fans want to willingly watch the team.  If you notice, unless we are playing a high profile team or QB, we're just about eye level with the other dregs of the league as far as interest and ratings.  My family wonders why I even bother still watching the team after all this time, and I have many other friends who are just as obsessed with football as I am, that make fun of me for still being a fan, and complain loudly when WFT is on TV.  "PUT ON A BETTER GAME, THE REDSKINS SUCK!!" is the response I get whenever we are hanging out, and the WFT game is on.  These are people who grew up here that root for other teams (Seahawks, Steelers, Packers, Eagles, etc).  At some point, our games will just be relegated to the markets that need to air the game due to proximity.

Empty seats at Fed-Ex, extremely low local ratings for WFT games, these are the reasons why the nation doesn't to be subjected to the torture the fan base experiences on a weekly basis watching this team.

Edited by samy316
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Ok if that's the philosophy, then show him every week, if he gets tv time in weird markets just for playing Miami

Look at the other games on CBS during that 1PM time window.  No one cares about NO-WSH except their fans.  The other games aren't that great too.  If Tom Brady's on, and there's a bunch of other dreck games on, guess which one the casual viewer will watch?

• Thumb up 1

10 hours ago, samy316 said:

These are people who grew up here that root for other teams (Seahawks, Steelers, Packers, Eagles, etc). 

In other words Fairweather fans.

1 hour ago, samy316 said:

No one cares about NO-WSH except their fans.  The other games aren't that great too.

And you think the Dolphins-Bucs game would be better? Saints and WFT are both 2-2 and would seem to be a more competitive game than the 1-3 Dolphins. I think Panther fans would be more interested in seeing the Saints stay down in their division than care about Brady's Bucs staying on top. They already know the Bucs will win the division. Who cares watching Brady throw another 4 TD's in a game. Seen it so many time before. Boring.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BleedBNG said:

In other words Fairweather fans.

And you think the Dolphins-Bucs game would be better? Saints and WFT are both 2-2 and would seem to be a more competitive game than the 1-3 Dolphins. I think Panther fans would be more interested in seeing the Saints stay down in their division than care about Brady's Bucs staying on top. They already know the Bucs will win the division. Who cares watching Brady throw another 4 TD's in a game. Seen it so many time before. Boring.

In response to the fair weather fans comment, what do you expect?  When a team has sucked on the field for 30 years, and has been a professional sports embarrassment for the last 20 years, you’re not going to attract many new fans, LOL.  It’s amazing this team even has ANY fans left after the hell they’ve put the fan base through.  Plus, there are loads of new residents from all over the country moving to the DC area every year.  No one would make WFT their new team, especially if you’re coming from a town that has an NFL team.

Read the room bro.  Look at the local TV ratings for this team.  Nobody wants to watch this team anymore except for diehards. As a matter of fact, the people in the game day threads might literally be the only people left watching the games as WFT fans. We don’t have a marquee QB to even attract any former fans, much less casual fans.  Teams with QB’s draw ratings.  We don’t have a franchise QB or a captivating team for the masses to even care about.

Edited by samy316