Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Taking my wife out on a date

Zguy28

So my parents call me and say "Hey, we want to take the kids overnight tomorrow night (Friday) so you guys can go on a date."

This is great and a blessing to us, but it is hard to plan in one day. I have been so busy with church and also I'm on the BOD of a brand new youth football league. So it leaves my wife with three kids at home alone 2-3 nights a week and giving her burnout. Its really straining our relationship and I want to take her out for a good time. I want something beyond just dinner. She hates going to the movies and we live in Southern Maryland.

Any ideas? Lay them on me.

So my parents call me and say "Hey, we want to take the kids overnight tomorrow night (Friday) so you guys can go on a date."

This is great and a blessing to us, but it is hard to plan in one day. I have been so busy with church and also I'm on the BOD of a brand new youth football league. So it leaves my wife with three kids at home alone 2-3 nights a week and giving her burnout. Its really straining our relationship and I want to take her out for a good time. I want something beyond just dinner. She hates going to the movies and we live in Southern Maryland.

Any ideas? Lay them on me.

Book a room at Atlantic City?

Just don't scribble drills/plays on a napkin at any point.

I just had an image of you, giving your wife a back massage, and all of a sudden she says, "Are you REALLY drawing up a ****ing play on my back!":hysterical:

If you like good beer, come over to the Ruddy Duck in southern Calvert. Just north of the bridge, where the new Hilton is. It's a brewery, the beer is fresh, and the food is pretty good. (higher end pub fare. Not typical greasy stuff, but not high gourmet either). They have four or five different beers on tap they brew right there.

the place is spacious, friendly, and if you should meet Carlos (the owner and brewmaster) tell him you know John Tayman and you'll have made a friend.

Calvert Marine Museum offers sunset cruises around the island that last about an hour or so. That might be a nice way to begin the evening.

~Bang

I agree that you should ask her first. I know that both my wife and I when we've had those situations (blessings) have looked forward to low-key, quiet night. There's nothing worse than coming back to real life more tired than when you left it!

If you both are climbing the walls and ready for a night on the town, that's great, but make sure that's what you want first!

Thanks guys, I was thinking about the River Concert Series at St. Mary's College, but the Italian restaurant and sunset cruise in Solomons sounds good and its only about 30 minutes from my house.

I've gone down to the River Concerts before. It's very nice. Sit out on the lawn, very nice crowd, and with the weather the way it's been, it'd be perfect. Just bring a picnic, maybe a bottle of wine, and some bug spray.

~Bang

I've gone down to the River Concerts before. It's very nice. Sit out on the lawn, very nice crowd, and with the weather the way it's been, it'd be perfect. Just bring a picnic, maybe a bottle of wine, and some bug spray.

~Bang

I agree the concerts are nice. Why not try to find a bed and breakfast down there? The Broome Howard Inn in St. Mary's City is nice and private plus you are on the water. Thats where we had our wedding and we stayed there for the night. If you cant think of anything else, you could always come bar hopping with my wife and I since we will be down there tonight :silly: You could take her to my lacrosse game at Lancaster park too...lol

Thanks guys, I was thinking about the River Concert Series at St. Mary's College, but the Italian restaurant and sunset cruise in Solomons sounds good and its only about 30 minutes from my house.

Solomon's is pretty underrated. There is a bunch of stuff to do there. If you really wanna get crazy there's always the Tiki Bar lol

Archived