Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Giant shark washes ashore in NY

#98QBKiller

Have you tried Cooley's peanut butter, mustard and ham sammich?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Have you tried Cooley's peanut butter, mustard and ham sammich?

• Yes
    • No
    • Never will

Wow.

Video is here:

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2009/07/14/vo.ny.shark.ashore.news12longisland

That video really shows how big the shark is.

AP Story:

Shark washes up and dies on NY beach

1 hour ago

BABYLON, N.Y. (AP) — A 20-foot-long basking shark that washed ashore on a beach on New York's Long Island appears to have died from some kind of illness.

New York State Parks official George Gorman says researchers will examine the shark to determine a cause of death. After that, it will be buried in nearby sand dunes on the beach.

The basking shark, which are common in the waters off Long Island, washed ashore Tuesday on a town beach a few miles east of Jones Beach.

Basking sharks are not considered dangerous. They eat plankton.

Tracy Marcus of Cornell Cooperative Extension says the shark weighs about a ton. She says it is unusual for an ailing basking shark to come ashore. Usually they die in the ocean.

shark-1.jpg

So what if you were out for a swim and minding your own business floating around on your back looking up at the sky and this carcass nails you as it floats by. I bet that would be a pretty traumatic experience

So what if you were out for a swim and minding your own business floating around on your back looking up at the sky and this carcass nails you as it floats by. I bet that would be a pretty traumatic experience

I would do what appears to be the thing to do...I would file a lawsuit on the beach, lifeguards, and the guy in speedos...

And sue Starkist Tuna because the dead shark and him look alike!

Only If we had one of those corpse eating robots...

:rotflmao:

Ocean heart attack right there.

I would scream so loud people would think a little girl was in the ocean drowning. While screaming I would proceed to **** my pants.

id be laughing my ass off...as long as i wasnt the one in the water. i hate sharks ever since a baby one brushed up on me at daytona when i was in middle school.

Largest ever seen was confirmed 40 feet and 19 tons.

Thanks Wiki :P

what I find most spectacular about that is that a manta ray can weigh 2-3 tons and be 30 feet long.

Ocean creatures are massive.

Archived