Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Report: Sammy Sosa Tested Postitve for Steroids in 2003

StillUnknown

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4264062

Sammy Sosa is one of the major league baseball players who tested positive for a banned substance in 2003, the New York Times is reporting, citing lawyers who have knowledge of the drug-testing results from that year.

That year was the first in which Major League Baseball conducted survey tests to see if mandatory, random drug-testing was needed. There were no penalties for a positive result in 2003.

Results from the 2003 surveys were supposed to remain anonymous.

ESPNDeportes.com reported in early June that Sosa, 40, was planning on announcing his formal retirement from baseball soon, and would not address allegations of steroid use.

"I will calmly wait for my induction to the Baseball Hall of Fame. Don't I have the numbers to be inducted?" said Sosa, who presently serves the Dominican government as special ambassador for investment opportunities.

Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez was one of those on the 2003 list as having tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs. The test result was first reported by Sports Illustrated in February, and Rodriguez admitted to having taken steroids while with the Texas Rangers from 2001 to 2003.

A lawyer for Sosa, Jay Reisinger, declined comment to the Times. An MLB official likewise declined comment to the newspaper.

i'm shocked.............

Big ****ing shock, huh? The guy goes from being a skinny twerp to a monster in the span of a few seasons. Natural my ass. His line about "patiently waiting to get elected to the HOF"...well, I hope he waits a long while.

Sosa when he first broke into the league.

30629165.jpg

Sosa slightly after his prime, but still big

sosa_sammy0223.jpg

Or even better, how about this comparison

Sosa%20B%20and%20A%203.jpg

I take umbrage with anyone thinking that Sosa was in his prime with the Orioles.

Anyone who watched him that season saw an awful baseball player.

IIRC, he hit somewhere around .206 and half the hits he did get were the kind where the ball spikes into the ground and then bounces so high the infielder can't throw out the runner in time.

God I hated his batting stance.

who would have thought that ******* frank thomas would be one of the few guys who were clean?

there are still 102 names on that list we don't know about

i'm just hoping Griffey's name is never attached to anything dirty. he's the reason i started watchin baseball

there are still 102 names on that list we don't know about

i'm just hoping Griffey's name is never attached to anything dirty. he's the reason i started watchin baseball

+1 Imagine Griffey healthy for his enitre career, he would no doubt break Aaron's HR record (if he's clean that is, which i believe he was) And i know it's officially Bonds' record, but he's a cheat and an *******.

Archived